Jacks Oop Against Jamie Gold

Bay 101 live 2-3-5 blinds, 200 spread limit game. (200 max bet)The villain in this hand was like Jamie Gold in almost every sense. He looked like him (with some facial hair), talked like him, bet like him, everything. He also played a lot like him, except looser. This guy was a maniac. He played almost every hand in any position for almost any amount. Up to this point though he was on fire. In the first hour I had played he had won every pot that went to showdown and most of the others. It was scary how lucky he was getting. He was also capable of firing three barrel bluffs. Bets both draws and made hands aggressively. Villain thinks hero is solid and seems to respect me. Stacks: Hero: ~850Villain: ~1800Villain raises to 20 in MP, folds to hero in SB with J :club: J :). Hero calls.I just call here because I'm sure that I will be heads up with villain, I know that he will probably call any reraise I make, and I will be OOP. I didn't want to be OOP against this opponent with jacks in a big pot with deep stacks. I'm really torn on this decision though because I think i should have reraised for value here. Thoughts?Pot: 45Flop - 6 :D 2 :D 2 :) Hero checks, villain bets 30, Hero raises to 80, villain hums and haws and callsAt this point I know he has something. From his talk it looks more like a made hand than a draw, but I'm not sure. I would say 80% made hand, 20% draw. As far as his range, he could easily have a 6, or any pair 77 or higher.Pot: 205Turn - 9 :D Villain acts out of turn, assuming hero checked and goes to bet 100. Hero tells him that he hasn't acted yet, and then bets 100. Villain hems and haws and calls.He wasn't acting when he acted out of turn. He really thought I had checked. I know that he has no idea what I have at this point, but his range is also large as well. By betting when he was going to bet I show a lot of strength (even though this isn't the line I would take with a monster but he doesn't know that). This might help me narrow his range a bit.Pot: 405River - 10 :D Hero checks. Villain checks.Is it worth a value bet here?Comments on all streets welcome.

I like the preflop call, I'm learning more and more just how central position is and I think it would have been a mistake to build a pot OOP with a person playing any two cards.This looks like a mid PP or a FD to me, I like the way you played it.My only question is how you would have reacted had he bet 2/3rds of the pot after your check? A busted FD might, and it would be hard to call. I like to lead out there.

I like the preflop call, I'm learning more and more just how central position is and I think it would have been a mistake to build a pot OOP with a person playing any two cards.This looks like a mid PP or a FD to me, I like the way you played it.My only question is how you would have reacted had he bet 2/3rds of the pot after your check? A busted FD might, and it would be hard to call. I like to lead out there.
Nah, easy river call. Leading out on river is based more on if we feel he has a 6 9 or 10 and if he will call with it, over if he has a busted hand that he will bet. If he's huge our lead gets raised and we can't call, hopefully he's not capable of reading into our thin value bet and raise missed flushes here. Generally checking might get him to bluff and might get him to wrongly value bet his other hands that we have crushed.
Nah, easy river call. Leading out on river is based more on if we feel he has a 6 9 or 10 and if he will call with it, over if he has a busted hand that he will bet. If he's huge our lead gets raised and we can't call, hopefully he's not capable of reading into our thin value bet and raise missed flushes here. Generally checking might get him to bluff and might get him to wrongly value bet his other hands that we have crushed.
Yeah, I checked intending to call any bet (worst case is 200, giving me 3-1 on my call).

I c/r bigger on the flop. On the turn, after he acts out of turn, I check because in most caisnos, that action is binding and you get in a guaranteed c/r. I probably lead the river and call his raise if he makes one.

You have one pair get to showdown cheaply as possible. The thin value you get from value betting will probably wash with the times where we C-C and win when he bets the river.
We don't have 1 pair, we have 2 pair. He'd need an overpair bigger than ours, a 2, or a full house to be beating us here. I guess he could've missed the flush and made a straight, but that's fearing monsters. Our hand is best here an overwhelming majority of the time. If you think he was drawing, and missed, and will bet, then you cna c/c the river. Otherwise, I'm betting here.
We don't have 1 pair, we have 2 pair. He'd need an overpair bigger than ours, a 2, or a full house to be beating us here. I guess he could've missed the flush and made a straight, but that's fearing monsters. Our hand is best here an overwhelming majority of the time. If you think he was drawing, and missed, and will bet, then you cna c/c the river. Otherwise, I'm betting here.
Whoops, misread the flop.
Hero checks. Villain checks.Is it worth a value bet here?Comments on all streets welcome.
I don't know that I fire the river either. It's hard to play someone on a heater. I generally leave them alone unless I have a strong hand and they've shown CALLING STATION tendencies. The thing about an ultra aggro is that they will back away when they know they're beaten. You can't bet into them, they have to bet into you. I like taking this pot the way it is.

I'm still torn with how I played the hand and perhaps its the results getting to me. I was surprised after the villain checked behind and tabled 2-3o. Now I know that my hand is ahead of his range overall, so I don't think I should have folded at any point. I agree that my bets should have been more though. I'm still not sure if I should have taken a more aggressive approach in the hand like Acid and others have suggested. Anyways, thanks for the thoughts.

I'm still torn with how I played the hand and perhaps its the results getting to me. I was surprised after the villain checked behind and tabled 2-3o. Now I know that my hand is ahead of his range overall, so I don't think I should have folded at any point. I agree that my bets should have been more though. I'm still not sure if I should have taken a more aggressive approach in the hand like Acid and others have suggested. Anyways, thanks for the thoughts.
If he's opening pots iwth 23o, then you need to be reraising JJ, regardless of position, like 100% of the time here to punish him for doing stuff like that.