Prudent Fold? I Dunno.....

there is some meta game going on. i just broke some maniac whose been raising every hand. so i say something like "ok im done unless somebody else starts raising every hand" and the co (who has posted here although it doesnt say so) says he will. i have no idea about utg as he hasnt done anything yet. but in the short time ive been playing ive taken about 30 bets off the table and shown down the nuts every time (its fun when that happens). how often do you think he has a set here? maybe aj or a6 with a low draw? Full Tilt PokerLimit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring gameLimit: $1/$28 playersConverterPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with 2 :D J :club: 6 :D A :) UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO raises, 3 folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.Flop: A :D J :D 6 :) (9.5SB, 4 players)UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, CO raises, UTG 3-bets, MP1 folds, Hero folds

there is some meta game going on. how often do you think he has a set here? maybe aj or a6 with a low draw?
Wow, unreal action. That's hard to read, but I would include a 2345 type hand in the range you could be against. I'll jam with that in this situation. The check/3-bet looks pretty strong if UTG is known to be a reasonable player.
Wow, unreal action. That's hard to read, but I would include a 2345 type hand in the range you could be against. I'll jam with that in this situation. The check/3-bet looks pretty strong if UTG is known to be a reasonable player.
to me it looks like almost nothing short of jacks unless he is crazy (or really thinking). i was betting/3 betting the maniac a lot, so the way i played this flop looks like i could have anything. i have no read on him and just really dont know.

Wow.... You hold an ace, a jack, and a six, so if someone's got a set, they have to have the case A's, J's, or 6's.. The math has to favor no one having a set here if you have 3-pair..A more likely scenario is someone has that 2345 Frez suggested. Don't rule out A23x either, top pair and nut low draw, as well as someone with a broadway straight wrap...That's really all that is out there. The problem here is we're getting hit from all directions and we can only guess as to where we are in the hand. A set is unlikely (although not impossible), and even if we hit another A,J, or 6, only the Ace automatically makes us good here. The possiblity that both players are overplaying a low makes this very difficult to fold, but you are trapped in between two players in a raising war, and you are only playing for half the pot. If this is PLO8, I think you can actually make a case for folding here.. With limit, you can pay the price to see the turn, but there isn't a lot of turn cards that are going to make you sleep better here. Anything broadway completes a high straight on a rainbow board with heavy action, anything low halves your potential winnings and creates a lower straight draw, too. Can you really fold what is mathematically likely to be the best hand on the flop in FL though?

Cap the flop to put maximum pressure on CO - who probably only raised to try to get rid of UTG. Most likely is 234x or A24x type hands, with slight chance of a broadway wrap. Try to carve up the lows and hope that your top 2 doesn't get counterfeit.