Tonight's show was beyond hilarious. This show delivers each and every week - it's so amazing how consistently funny it is.Penny and Leonard need to hook up, though - I think it would do the show a lot of good for them to be in a relationship. They got so close tonight, I thought for sure it was going to happen.
I missed the episode... what was it about?
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. I have tried watching this show 3 times now and I can't even crack a smile. The jokes are so canned and predictable and been done many times before. But the real kicker is the laugh track. Seriously, even when something not funny is said they add a laugh track. Like his mom at the lunch table gets up and says she has to urinate. That wasn't funny at all but the laugh track was on full blast for that line. terribleWell I tried...

I don't get it. I have tried watching this show 3 times now and I can't even crack a smile. The jokes are so canned and predictable and been done many times before. But the real kicker is the laugh track. Seriously, even when something not funny is said they add a laugh track. Like his mom at the lunch table gets up and says she has to urinate. That wasn't funny at all but the laugh track was on full blast for that line. terribleWell I tried...
I think the show is hilarious. Sheldon is so crazy that it is funny. When they were playing guitar hero in the beginning of the show that was hilarious. For me I really like mondays on CBS. The 3 shows in a row are great. Big Bang then how I met your mother and 2 and half men.
I don't get it.
Laugh tracks are just a part of the business that we have to accept. Some of the funniest sitcoms I've ever watched (Coupling) had laugh tracks.I know humor is subjective, but I'm surprised you don't find the show hilarious. It's really one of the most consistently funny shows on television right now. More consistent than 2.5 Men & HIMYM, imo.
Did you see the Christmas episode? If you did, and didn't laugh, no one... seriously... no one, can help you.
Laugh tracks are just a part of the business that we have to accept. Some of the funniest sitcoms I've ever watched (Coupling) had laugh tracks.I know humor is subjective, but I'm surprised you don't find the show hilarious. It's really one of the most consistently funny shows on television right now. More consistent than 2.5 Men & HIMYM, imo.
Did you see the Christmas episode? If you did, and didn't laugh, no one... seriously... no one, can help you.
I have not seen the xmas ep. Doesn't matter if it was funny, as I will admit there are probably some funny moments and funny eps but nothing I have seen makes me want to watch this week after week. At least I have tried and probably will again if I have nothing to watch on monday night at 8.Laugh tracks can work if used properly, I love HIMYM and they uise laugh tracks but they use it differently I think. They don't use it after every damn sentence said by one of the actors like I noticed last night on TBBT.I don't know if it is the actors or the writers but this show does not pull me in. I agree most comedy is predictable but for me, this show is painfully predictable and for that I can't enjoy it. I don't think less of anyone who does so either. Take Adam (ajs50) for instance, he has a sense of humor, we have all seen it but he doesn't find The Office or Arrested Development funny and that seems odd to me as I find both stellar comedies. For me, this show lacks good writing, tight writing, it's all cliche nerd jokes that for me, don't work. *shrug*
For me, this show lacks good writing, tight writing, it's all cliche nerd jokes that for me, don't work. *shrug*
yeah, you're right. but sheldon makes me laugh. he's the only funny part of the show. but it really isnt that good.
I have not seen the xmas ep. Doesn't matter if it was funny, as I will admit there are probably some funny moments and funny eps but nothing I have seen makes me want to watch this week after week. At least I have tried and probably will again if I have nothing to watch on monday night at 8.Laugh tracks can work if used properly, I love HIMYM and they uise laugh tracks but they use it differently I think. They don't use it after every damn sentence said by one of the actors like I noticed last night on TBBT.I don't know if it is the actors or the writers but this show does not pull me in. I agree most comedy is predictable but for me, this show is painfully predictable and for that I can't enjoy it. I don't think less of anyone who does so either. Take Adam (ajs50) for instance, he has a sense of humor, we have all seen it but he doesn't find The Office or Arrested Development funny and that seems odd to me as I find both stellar comedies. For me, this show lacks good writing, tight writing, it's all cliche nerd jokes that for me, don't work. *shrug*
http://www.zshare.net/video/527990391ad16ee5/
this was addressed in the closing white card on either TBB or 2.5M this week.
  • 3 weeks later...
I just started to get into this show recently.Sheldon should be nominated for best supporting actor at all the TV awards shows.
Watch this... if you haven't seen it already.
Man you pimp this episode hard, and deservedly so. I must have watched this episode 5x. I love this show.
Well it's SO funny that it's hard not too.. and Tanner said that he 'just got into it'... so I thought he might have missed it... and it's the best episode ever.... so....
  • 2 weeks later...
Really like this show and Sheldon definitely makes the whole show.Penny being really hot helps too.
I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but she's... I can't put my finger on it. Lumpy?
I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but she's... I can't put my finger on it. Lumpy?
Really. I don't see it.Are you talking about her boobs?