Should I Have Done This?

5 Players left, top 3 win a seat to the Sunday Million...I know I should have repopped preflop, but the UTG who raised was the only other guy with a stack that could damage me and I didn't want to get into a race with a big pair and a 3x reraiase would have left me with only a little over 3000. Also, on the flop did I play it right? The bad beat made me mad, but maybe I shouldn't have been risking all of these chips when the top 3 won a seat.*********** # 99 **************PokerStars Game #12380725008: Tournament #62626786, $10.70+$1.00 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round II, Level V (75/150) - 2007/10/01 - 17:04:36 (ET)Table '62626786 1' 10-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: Danny_24/7 (1410 in chips) Seat 3: DOKOGOD (5225 in chips) Seat 6: Chisox6 (5530 in chips) Seat 8: BeenStaring (1605 in chips) Seat 10: MrConceit (1230 in chips) MrConceit: posts small blind 75Danny_24/7: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Chisox6 [Kh As]DOKOGOD: raises 450 to 600Chisox6: calls 600BeenStaring: folds MrConceit: folds Danny_24/7: folds *** FLOP *** [Kd 9s 4d]DOKOGOD: bets 600Chisox6: raises 4330 to 4930 and is all-inDOKOGOD: calls 4025 and is all-in*** TURN *** [Kd 9s 4d] [Qc]*** RIVER *** [Kd 9s 4d Qc] [9c]*** SHOW DOWN ***DOKOGOD: shows [Qh Ks] (two pair, Kings and Queens)Chisox6: shows [Kh As] (two pair, Kings and Nines)DOKOGOD collected 10675 from pot

I really can't ever lay down an edge as good as this one had to be and ended up being (what calls other than a weaker king or a FD?). It's like Ferguson says, just play the math even in tournaments. If you have an edge, get it in.

why not fold? This isn't a staggered payout where you need to get 1st place money. It's flat, and you are the leader by a good margin. Let the other chip stack steal some blinds from the shorties and stay the hell out of his way.There is absolutely no reason to play this hand against this opponent that I can see.

I really can't ever lay down an edge as good as this one had to be and ended up being (what calls other than a weaker king or a FD?). It's like Ferguson says, just play the math even in tournaments. If you have an edge, get it in.
No, Not, Nyet, Nein, etc.Ferguson is not talking about satellites on the bubble! If everyone adopted a hard and fast rule that the top N players (those who have a meaningful chip advantage relative to the other stacks AND the blinds) never, ever contest a pot that doesnt also involve a stack that is in jeopardy INCLUDING FOLDING AA, they would be far better off than trying to read hands against other big stacks.A repop preflop is a huge mistake because it chases away the very players you are trying to eliminate and it challenges the only player who can hurt you. If either of you had any satellite smarts you would have checked it down after the flop, period. When dokodog wouldnt cooperate, fold, and tell him hes an idiot and to learn how to play satellites..before the next hand starts, so its not collusion.

Fold Preflop. Doko has done his job by putting pressure on the blinds, no reason to get involved, period. Just remember in hands that he folds, as next to act and the other big stack, don't be afraid to do your job and put pressure on, too.You give up way too much equity being involved here. I don't expect you to throw away AA, but even KK has to be played cautiously.. You both risk to much being in the same pot. It's not winner-take-all or even winner-take-most. You muck instantly.edit: dammit.