I'm Getting An English Bulldog Puppy

They say as long as you are diligent, there really is no reason that it's care should be anything more then another dog. Most of the health problems associated with bulldogs come from bad breeding/conditions where they are breed...Puppy farms/factories. :(You have to be careful it doesn't get too fat, because then it will have hip problems later on in life, you have to be careful in the summer because it reacts bad to hot weather, can't let it over exert itself etc...The all white ones are more expensive and rare, because they are considered the top show dogs in the breed. A lot of the cute female puppies are all white, but i have my heart set on a boy. I'll keep an eye out for any all white boy puppies and PM you any I see.
THX, I actually like female dogs better, I have had better luck with them, I have no desire to ever show or breed the dog but I do want a puppy for my kid(s). So they can raise the dog.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depressing to think that this dog is probably dead by now.

Trogdor.
but what would become of the countryside?
fangoolstugotzshitheadmoglidr. johnny fevercolonel paul westhoventoad the red rocketbob
my friend has a cat thats named shithead. it never really got a formal name, but he always just called it shithead, so it kind of answers to that now. his wife, whom he met after he got the cat, has spent several years trying to get rid of that name. hasn't worked.
Exactly. Personally, I'd name him Hideo.. after the greatest Dodgers pitcher of the last 50 years.
I love it.
Syd.. as in Syd Barrett..I like pink floyd
I have a dog named Sid... although it's Sidney, after Sidney Crosby.As for the OP, I assume you're set on buying a puppy? Being an owner of 4 rescue dogs and being in the process of starting a dog advocacy charity, I'm required to post this link.http://www.rescuebulldogs.org/display.plcareful, though... rescuing dogs makes heroin seem like an easy habit to kick.

If the prize is a 1 hour phone call to you to discuss poker etc. then consider these my entres:ZeusUranusDodger ( sorry Huskers20)and Pat aka therinn

fangoolstugotzshitheadmoglidr. johnny fevercolonel paul westhoventoad the red rocketbob
We had a German who was called Red Rocket, adolescence was a but rough for him...had ummm trouble keeping it holstered :club:
So naming my dog "magnadoodle" was a bad idea?
Maybe, maybe not. I trained working dogs...a lot more intense then raising a dog not to bite people or poop on the living room rug. But if training you should use Doodle :D(man I really hope you didn't name a dog magnadoodle...I had one idiot friend who named one of his dog's "Cat" and the other one was just called "Brown dog")
Doyle. Ship it.
That is Awesome! That face, that name! It's meant to be.Please name him Doyle PMJ or I'll have to go buy one and name him that myself!LOLOLOLOL
We had a German who was called Red Rocket, adolescence was a but rough for him...had ummm trouble keeping it holstered :)Maybe, maybe not. I trained working dogs...a lot more intense then raising a dog not to bite people or poop on the living room rug. But if training you should use Doodle :club:(man I really hope you didn't name a dog magnadoodle...I had one idiot friend who named one of his dog's "Cat" and the other one was just called "Brown dog")
we have two terriers, a border terrier mix named pirate, and a cairn terrier named magnadoodle. we do just call her doodle when angry. she is.. insane.
That is Awesome! That face, that name! It's meant to be.Please name him Doyle PMJ or I'll have to go buy one and name him that myself!LOLOLOLOL
I was going to 2nd that.
I vote for this too-IraPS. Tim for Tim Wallach...solid player
Then I saw this.
I concur with... DOYLE
and this...so I'll jump onto the bandwagon cause Doyle seems to suit him really well.Mytholgywise, I like Cronos, or Kronos (I like the letter K better)
FCP OT,Hi there...I don't post in here often, mainly because I am intimidated by super threads, but I figured I'd get the collective opinion of you guys regarding the name for my new dog. I almost posted this in P5s OT, but came to my senses and remembered where my loyalty lies.So, my gf and I are buying an english bulldog puppy. Before anyone goes on a tangent about the difficulties of bulldogs (health etc), please don't because there is no need. I've done a lot of research on the different breeds, and have my heart set on a bulldog, so that's set in stone. There are pretty much no male puppies available in my area (Bay Area, CA), and absolutey none below show class (I don't need a show dog, and I really dont want to spend the extra few k for it), so we are having to buy from out of state. This has been a difficult process, mainly because there is a huge amount of puppy fraud that goes on online. So after a few weeks of researching breeders, checking references etc, I am 95% sure that I am getting this puppy:So, now I need a name. It's named Monty right now, which I like, but I think I want to name it myself. I have always wanted a bulldog, and I always have wanted to name it something British sounding (like Monty, or WInston etc), or something from greek mythology possibly (I like Odysseus, but it's too long...I guess I could call him Ody for short, but meh...no Zeus, Hercules, etc etc which are popular). Trainers say the name should be preferably one syllable, and two at the most. That kind of makes it hard to have a good name (esp greek mythology), unless you use a nickname. So, please help me decide on a name ot. Nothing to lame/generic. I want something unique, but not stupid. I will give a stake on poker stars to the winnerTYTY
Doyle is the winner. Please ship my stake as promised. :club:
I concur with... DOYLE
See, if anything, I like Brunson better then Doyle. LOL @ Tim Wallach...the Dodgers drafted his son this year out of...Cal-ST Fullerton I believe (that's where his dad went, so I think I'm right).

Brunson is super-solid also. It's two syllables, but rolls nicely into one and that's what you want for when you have to speak sharply to the dog when it starts humping your guests."Brunson, no! Nooooo...Damn...send me the dry-cleaning bill"

KirkSaxStubbsTommyPedroEnosAlejandroOdalisGarveyMauryDukePEE WEELeoDolphArkySchoolboyBoboCaseyorJust call him Eck.Or name him Sam Grizzle and call him Griz or Grizzle.