I'm Getting An English Bulldog Puppy

FCP OT,Hi there...I don't post in here often, mainly because I am intimidated by super threads, but I figured I'd get the collective opinion of you guys regarding the name for my new dog. I almost posted this in P5s OT, but came to my senses and remembered where my loyalty lies.So, my gf and I are buying an english bulldog puppy. Before anyone goes on a tangent about the difficulties of bulldogs (health etc), please don't because there is no need. I've done a lot of research on the different breeds, and have my heart set on a bulldog, so that's set in stone. There are pretty much no male puppies available in my area (Bay Area, CA), and absolutey none below show class (I don't need a show dog, and I really dont want to spend the extra few k for it), so we are having to buy from out of state. This has been a difficult process, mainly because there is a huge amount of puppy fraud that goes on online. So after a few weeks of researching breeders, checking references etc, I am 95% sure that I am getting this puppy:Bulldog_Monty_Update_5.jpgBulldog_Monty_Update_3.jpgSo, now I need a name. It's named Monty right now, which I like, but I think I want to name it myself. I have always wanted a bulldog, and I always have wanted to name it something British sounding (like Monty, or WInston etc), or something from greek mythology possibly (I like Odysseus, but it's too long...I guess I could call him Ody for short, but meh...no Zeus, Hercules, etc etc which are popular). Trainers say the name should be preferably one syllable, and two at the most. That kind of makes it hard to have a good name (esp greek mythology), unless you use a nickname. So, please help me decide on a name ot. Nothing to lame/generic. I want something unique, but not stupid. TYTY

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depressing to think that this dog is probably dead by now.

Top 30 Male Dog Names1. MAX2. BUDDY3. JAKE4. ROCKY5. BAILEY Me personally, I would go with Bentley.
Heh I like Bentley, that will def go onto the 'to be considered' list. There are a few different web sites that have like 2000+ names (a lot of unique ones too) and I've poured over those.Falcor is a cute idea...anything that is referencing a movie or a book, or mythology is always an idea. I def don't want anything generic.
Lifetilt.That dog looks to be on drugs, call him spicoli.
Heh...I'm going to have to be careful about letting him partake in anything smoke related, because bulldogs tend to have respiratory problems. Sigh....

Im in favor of Bentley as well, although, I also really like his original name of Monty.I never knew it was so tough to name a pet. If I get a dog, Im naming him Fish. Or Turtle.

Im in favor of Bentley as well, although, I also really like his original name of Monty.I never knew it was so tough to name a pet. If I get a dog, Im naming him Fish. Or Turtle.
I've never had my 'own' dog that I could name etc, and I've always wanted a bulldog, so it's something I've thought about over the years. :club: Heh I can't think of anything poker related that isn't lame. And besides, I hate poker and don't really want to hate my dog. I mean if I name him Lee Jones, what will happen the next time I take a 3 outer deep in a tournament?
I've never had my 'own' dog that I could name etc, and I've always wanted a bulldog, so it's something I've thought about over the years. :club: Heh I can't think of anything poker related that isn't lame. And besides, I hate poker and don't really want to hate my dog. I mean if I name him Lee Jones, what will happen the next time I take a 3 outer deep in a tournament?
Did I read that right? You hate poker? Color me confused.
You'll turn to him, as he lies cozy and quiet by your feet, as your anger swells you scream"FUCK YOU LEE JONES!" directed at your new puppy. The puppy becomes scared. Or"Man that sucks Bentley (calls onto lap and rubs head) Now I remember why I hate poker (Another rub, behind the ears). "Seems pretty clear to me.
Close, but I reserve that for things of real importance...Deaths in the family, natural disasters, only winning 12k instead of 32k...Stuff like that. :club:
bwahahahaha, AWESOME!Good luck on naming your new puppy!
Did I read that right? You hate poker? Color me confused.
I have a love/hate relationship with poker. I love winning, I hate losing. :club: In all seriousness, one reason I have never 'gone pro' and quit my day job, is that I don't like playing every day. Tournament poker can be a grind on your mental state, especially (and obviously) when you are on a down swing. My personality just doesn't fit the lifestyle well, and I prefer to view it as a profitable hobby rather then a profession. But yeah, following a disappointing wcoop/sunday yesterday, poker is def not on my fav things list today. :D
Orel1981Hershiser.jpg
That's good knowledge JJJ. If his name had been Winston Hershiser (considering his nickname) or something less dorky then Orel, I def would have gone with that. Besides, Orel played for the 'Gints' at the end of his career, and forever tainted his legacy. Real Dodgers pull a Jackie Robinson, and quit when traded to the 'Gints'.
That's good knowledge JJJ. If his name had been Winston Hershiser (considering his nickname) or something less dorky then Orel, I def would have gone with that. Besides, Orel played for the 'Gints' at the end of his career, and forever tainted his legacy. Real Dodgers pull a Jackie Robinson, and quit when traded to the 'Gints'.
JJJ likes to make people look one way and come with his shit from another direction. You should name your male bulldog, Sue.