Kk Facing A Raise In Sb

26 Players remaining Blinds: 200/400 (50 ante)8-handedHero: 30,000 (approx)UTG: 12,000Button: 20,000 (approx)UTG (tricky LAG who has won last two hands preflop uncontested) limps, folds round to button who raises to £1300 - this screams of position raise to me. I look down and find two black Kings. What should I do?

I'd say raise it to 5500-6000ish. If you flat call, i'm pretty sure the UTG guy is coming along for the flop which would be bad for us. There's no chance UTG is folding if he's a LAG. If UTG didnt limp, then I guess you could try to trap the button heads up for his deep stack when he keeps on playing his position with c-bets and maybe a 3rd barrel on the turn. But yeah, re-raise it up and hope that UTG jams on you so you can re-ship everything.If UTG has aces, yell RIGGED and throw your cards into his eyes.

raise to 3k. That will charge UTG to chase, and prolly get you HU vs the raiser. Dont be tempted to raise less to keep a "position raiser" in. I dont like betting more because youre still going to have to lead vs an A on the flop, and you dont want to build the pot that big this soon.

Hero flat-called and the flop came 873. Hero bet, UTG pushed, button folded, Hero called.UTG shows 99, Hero shows KK. Turn and river come blanks.I'm actually UTG in this hand and was thinking about how 'Hero' played his Kings. All I've seen advocated so far is a reraise with Kings, but I was wondering whether trapping in this spot is a good line. Button later told me he had AQ...so KK is still a slight favourite, but definitely not <60%.

Hero flat-called and the flop came 873. Hero bet, UTG pushed, button folded, Hero called.UTG shows 99, Hero shows KK. Turn and river come blanks.I'm actually UTG in this hand and was thinking about how 'Hero' played his Kings. All I've seen advocated so far is a reraise with Kings, but I was wondering whether trapping in this spot is a good line. Button later told me he had AQ...so KK is still a slight favourite, but definitely not <60%.
Damn I got here late...Ye... this is definitely a stop 'n get'r done. It's a slight alteration of a stop'n go, only you have a hand and the laggy opponent will assume you're pulling a stop'n go.If an ace comes on the flop, oh well, chances are you weren't folding it out.
If this were close to the bubble or in the money then calling to draw in a short stack can make sense, but then you have to trust the initial raiser to cooperate post flop, if you get the short stack .This far from the money I dont think trapping is worth the risk, youre still in accumulation mode.
26 Players remaining Blinds: 200/400 (50 ante)8-handedHero: 30,000 (approx)UTG: 12,000Button: 20,000 (approx)UTG (tricky LAG who has won last two hands preflop uncontested) limps, folds round to button who raises to £1300 - this screams of position raise to me. I look down and find two black Kings. What should I do?
Isn't this the exact same preflop situation as the hand that DN got knocked out of a recent tournament in. Right down to the description of UTG (DN). WTF? And then the flop is different? haha...
Isn't this the exact same preflop situation as the hand that DN got knocked out of a recent tournament in. Right down to the description of UTG (DN). WTF? And then the flop is different? haha...
The one at the EPT London where DN was in my spot with AQ, and ended up being busted by a similarly slow-played KK? The action's the same, the cards, blinds, stacks, etc. are all different...I'm afraid I just couldn't limp with AQ UTG - would put in a x2.5 raise...and probably would've still been stacked when KK slowplayed :club: