Lastweekspokerafterdark

Twan Le should be in the poker hall of fame for that one hand, any other player at that table wouldve busted on that hand.
Are you kidding? That was a fairly obvious spot to not reraise. Only idiots auto-shove there. It's a hard spot to fold, although it's certainly possible to do if Tuan Le had 99 instead of K9, but any good player has to know that Howard Lederer almost certainly doesn't have a straight there (because he would have bet the turn) and either has a full house or a bluff. If he has a full house, he mostly likely has kings full, because he doesn't slowplay a set on that flop. There's no hand Lederer has that would call a reraise that Tuan Le can beat, so going broke there is something that only tournadonk idiots would do.If you get beyond the "OMG I have a full house" level of thinking, you should realize that Tuan Le's hand is equivalent to something like the queen-high flush on an unpaired board. If a tight player raises you, you probably have to make a crying call, but it's pretty reckless to get stacked there.

i understand alot of what you are saying loosecannon, but after seeing the hand its easy to SAY you would have played the same. If you know the player you are against its easier to make that decission, but if it were on a online tourney (which is all ive ever played) where you cant even see you opponent; you, me, or even DN were probably going home after that hand.

i understand alot of what you are saying loosecannon, but after seeing the hand its easy to SAY you would have played the same. If you know the player you are against its easier to make that decission, but if it were on a online tourney (which is all ive ever played) where you cant even see you opponent; you, me, or even DN were probably going home after that hand.
But it wasn't an online tourney. If it was a $5 tournament against a bunch of morons, it's usually a no-brainer shove. But this was a live tournament where you know your opponent is Howard Lederer. To think that the two situations are identical is a huge mistake.Howard Lederer himself said after the hand that he wouldn't check a ten on the turn there. He might check ace-ten, but he wouldn't raise with it when the board paired. And he would be correct to follow that strategy. Online tournament idiots would make the mistake of slow-playing a straight there. If you know that Howard Lederer is not an idiot, you know that he doesn't have a straight when he raises and you know that he doesn't have trip kings. For anyone who thinks that going all-in is such an obvious thing to do, with what hands do you expect to be called with that you beat? By the way, playing both live and online, I have a pretty good track record of not overplaying a losing full house. I don't really make huge monster laydowns, but I feel like I lose a bit less than other people when I am in a monster vs monster confrontation.

i guess you are right, at that table where everyone is a pro there isnt any real reason for pushing. But i didnt mean to imply that online tourneys and PAD are similar, just in a similar hand it would be MUCH harder to make that kind of read online........ *and i mightve gone overboard in saying tuan should be in the hall of fame for that one hand, but he was definatley the best player at that table.(lol even if i had that read id probably push anyway, but im not tuan le)

It looks pretty clear that Tuan never thought of raising - he was considering call or fold
Over on 2+2, Barry Greenstein said that Tuan Le really wanted to fold but felt he had to call because he would look bad because the camera saw his cards.