Flopped Set, Lead Flop/turn?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($91.05)SB ($25.45)Hero ($50.05)UTG ($43)MP ($64.65)Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 :) , 6 :D . 1 fold, MP calls $0.50, Button raises to $2.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.75, MP folds.Flop: ($5.25) 6 :D , A :D , T :)(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $4.5, Hero calls $4.50.Turn: ($14.25) 8 :club:(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $12, Hero raises $43, Button calls $43 all inRiver: ($38.25) 2 :D(2 players)Final Pot: $38.25I just sat down at the table and I was playing 5 or 6 tables so i didn't have much of a read on anybody.I have this type of situation often (flopped a set and want to suck some more value, but am scared of some draws), and was wondering if you like the lead or not. My standard line would be to lead sets when there's a flush draw on board if i have no read, but I also like to check here because of the ace. He lead preflop so I feel like an ace is pretty typical at my level (they raise with most aces...) If he's got a GOOD ONE like AJ or AQ i might be able to suck some more value out of him by checking as long as there's no heart on the turn.Also, the turn is another thing I was wondering about. I didn't necessarily like my check, but it was obviously a planned check raise. I thought a check might show flush draw and induce another bet which would commit him (not that he knows what that means...)Your thoughts?

Only hands that you gain value out of by double checking the turn are bluffs with JJ-KK. That said, i don't think a flush draw is big enough in his range to want to lead into him and possibly scare Ak-Aj. Only problem with slowplaying here is that a turn heart will kill your action against hands that would have doubled you up on the flop. I'm torn between c/r'ing flop to like $11 and your line. I think its close and don't think either line is terrible.

Personally I think that either leading the turn or flop is profitable if you think the PFR has a solid Ace. If you lead the flop and get raised, you can call and make it look like you're on a draw and can then check/shove the turn.If you c/c the flop donk into him on the turn, he'll almost have to raise you because of the flush draw and multiple straight draws and you can commit him.Either way is nice. I think the line you took let's him get away really easily if he only has Top pair with a good kicker.

Personally I think that either leading the turn or flop is profitable if you think the PFR has a solid Ace. If you lead the flop and get raised, you can call and make it look like you're on a draw and can then check/shove the turn.If you c/c the flop donk into him on the turn, he'll almost have to raise you because of the flush draw and multiple straight draws and you can commit him.Either way is nice. I think the line you took let's him get away really easily if he only has Top pair with a good kicker.
I like what you said, but I actually disagree with the last part. I don't know what level you play, but at the .25/.50, he's going to pay me off with top pair good kick almost every time unless a heart falls and he sees something else. These guys get it in light very often. You are probably right though - leading the turn might be better.
I like what you said, but I actually disagree with the last part. I don't know what level you play, but at the .25/.50, he's going to pay me off with top pair good kick almost every time unless a heart falls and he sees something else. These guys get it in light very often. You are probably right though - leading the turn might be better.
I actually play at 25 max but maybe I just think this way because I can't ever get anyone to stack me when I have a set and they have TP. :club:

i think it was a perfect situation to lead... if you raised, it might have looked like a steal, and if he has a big ace he's definately going to raise you. then you can push and it's hard for him to get away from it. sure, in this case he didn't have a piece of the flop, but with an ace on the board and a raiser behind you i like to lead whenever I can.

Lead with the set. It will help bloat the pot, and he's probably raising with a big ace. By check calling, he can fold the hand easier if a third heart comes or some kind of scare card comes and if he has a hand like AJ, he may check behind turn for pot control.