** Official 2007-2008 San Jose Sharks Thread **

I hear that, im 20 min away from The Pond and i was gonna go last year but the Ducks and Sharks blew it. If the standings stay the same they might meet in the 1st round this year. I need to get Centre Ice!Silver, I only get to see the games when they play the ducks and kings or on Versus sometimes. The good thing is the video highlights on NHL.com, they show a good portion of the game and how plays set up for the goals instead of a picture of the puck in the back of the net. If i dont see the score on Sportscenter, I go to work and watch the 5 Min. highlights and its like a game, every minute im either cheering or cussing.
When I read posts like yours, sometimes we need to appreciate how spoiled we are here..All the game televised on tv, 2 radio stations with wall to wall Leafs coverage, a 24 hour LEAFS TV just devoted to the Leafs..6 pre game shows that start usually an hour and a half before the game, and tons of post game coverage...My favourite show, Leafs in an hour...You watch the whole game in an hour, edited..My wife and her family are from California and i am there all the time, I wish there were a lot more people like you...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read posts like yours, sometimes we need to appreciate how spoiled we are here..All the game televised on tv, 2 radio stations with wall to wall Leafs coverage, a 24 hour LEAFS TV just devoted to the Leafs..6 pre game shows that start usually an hour and a half before the game, and tons of post game coverage...My favourite show, Leafs in an hour...You watch the whole game in an hour, edited..My wife and her family are from California and i am there all the time, I wish there were a lot more people like you...
Sigh. Hockey isn't that popular in this area compared to Toronto. They have a Sharks TV show thats a half hour long once a week. That's all the extra Sharks coverage we get. But they do tend to show all their games on TV, so that's cool. Oh and 8 in a row!
Sigh. Hockey isn't that popular in this area compared to Toronto. They have a Sharks TV show thats a half hour long once a week. That's all the extra Sharks coverage we get. But they do tend to show all their games on TV, so that's cool. Oh and 8 in a row!
Make it 9!!!!!I'm glad i have somewhere to type about Sharks $hit. My friends hate when i talk about hockey. This is the best time to catch fire and the #1 line is stepping up huge. How about Marleau and his save in the overtime, slapping the puck out of mid air. And then winning the game. Niiiiice.
Make it 9!!!!!I'm glad i have somewhere to type about Sharks $hit. My friends hate when i talk about hockey. This is the best time to catch fire and the #1 line is stepping up huge. How about Marleau and his save in the overtime, slapping the puck out of mid air. And then winning the game. Niiiiice.
I picked Thornton to win the Art Ross this year...He isnt too far off...Need a huge finish though
I picked Thornton to win the Art Ross this year...He isnt too far off...Need a huge finish though
Would be fantastic but I think the Russians are just too far ahead.
uhh. not a chance.
Points for enthusiasm though

Big bump for a big game tonight!Chance to go 7 clear on Anaheim still with a game in hand. Win tonight = division lock? (hypothetically obv, not mathematically)

It's a little early to be peaking though.
Not peaking DM, call it; gathering momentum.

With 7 games left, they should be peaking around playoffs. They held the ducks to no shots in the 3rd period, and they look so relaxed and confident in their game. With good goaltending and D, I want the playoffs to start right now. Cant get to excited though, we all know what the Red Wings have done the last couple of years after dominating the league.

Yes, and what movie is your sig from ?
I thought it was "Bring It On Again"Don't ask how I know that...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can you try to wake Michalek up for me, please?
I will try my best Zach, :club:. I'm also browsing craigslist trying to find any tickets to game 1 or 2 against Dallas.

PAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm new to the hockey forum and I'm a HUGE Sharks fan. So I had to come vent somewhere and figured this would be the best place to do that...since my gf could give a flyin eff about the Sharks. I don't even know where to begin after tonight's game (aka end of another great regular season). Cause that's all it is to me anymore, just a really good regular season ending in disappointment yet again. I mean seriously, all the "experts" are always praising our speed and strength, but where the eff has it been in this (Dallas) series? To win a series the way we did against Calgary, I really thought this was going to be the year. That was a tough series, and really seemed to bring out the competitive fire that the Sharks tend to lack for the most part in the playoffs. Granted tonight we were cheated out of probably the game winning goal because the effing referee couldn't get off his lazy ass and call a goal a goal, and instead called the play dead as the puck crossed the line...but whatever. The Sharks blew it yet again, and now the season is for the most part over. I hope this is FINALLY the end of the Ron Wilson era in San Jose. I'm just so sick of his passive aggressiveness when it comes to the playoffs. The guy coaches not to lose, more than he coaches to win. And I really hope we don't pay a ton of money to Brian Campbell...he has practically been MIA the entire series, it's like he's got his bags packed for Buffalo already. Dammit, I'm just so sick of this same $hit year after freakin year. I mean yay, we've got a freakin division winner banner to hang in the Tank next year...woopty freakin doo! Ahhhhh now I feel better, thanks for letting me rant..."Yes honey I'll be right there."

The best way to come back from down 3-0 is to win four in a row starting with the first one.
Why do they make it so difficult, everytime they get the lead or a little momentum they sit back and get ran the **** over. Now would be a nice time to be the only team in hockey to come back from 3-0. Maybe they need some older guys who can grow beards and know what playoff hockey is about.