** Official 2007-2008 San Jose Sharks Thread **

Two totally different instances, that goal never had a chance to stand. The goal in question last night was obviously boarderline to those in the war room and they made a decision which seems to have been the wrong one.
Totally different instances, totally different calls to make, both bad calls...however the Sharks nutted up and played after the bad call in Game 2. Now it's time to see if Dallas will sack up and do the same. But I'm sure if the Sharks somehow pull this thing out, Dallas will be crying about the call long into the off season. Eh whatever, bring on Game 6!!
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally different instances, totally different calls to make, both bad calls...however the Sharks nutted up and played after the bad call in Game 2. Now it's time to see if Dallas will sack up and do the same. But I'm sure if the Sharks somehow pull this thing out, Dallas will be crying about the call long into the off season. Eh whatever, bring on Game 6!!
well dallas did score like two minutes after that call...also, they didn't play horrid in the third period

One game - checkTwo games - checkThree games - ???Four games - ???Congrats on making it interesting and good luck to either of these teams that make it to Detroit.

LOL, are you freakin kidding me? So when the Sharks scored the first goal in Game 2 that the refs blew the whistle on early, uhhhhh where were you then? If that goal stands, this series is sitting at 3-2 Sharks. Nice try though. You have no room to complain, but I wouldn't expect much more than that from a Dallas fan. Good luck in Game 5, the pressure is all on you guys now :club::ts:D
Game 5 is done.As far as LOLing at me, please let me do the same back at you for comparing these 2 situations. Luckily, Speed took a minute to educate you. I wasn't aware though that if the referee hadn't blown the whistle, that one goal lead in the first would have guaranteed not only a win in game 3 for San Jose, but also a 3-2 lead in the series. The Stars did not play their best defensive game in the 3rd on both goals. It is pretty clear from the post game comments that they are aware of it.Still, it doesn't change the fact that the ruling on that given play was plain awful.
well dallas did score like two minutes after that call...also, they didn't play horrid in the third period
I agree that Dallas manned up and played well the rest of the game...except for maybe the 3rd period. But I was referencing the other guy's post who was crying about the calls after the game was over. Now that we know those calls cost them the game, I figured Dallas fans would make a big deal about it. But bad calls are part of every game and San Jose has had to live with them too.
One game - checkTwo games - checkThree games - ???Four games - ???Congrats on making it interesting and good luck to either of these teams that make it to Detroit.
I'm just glad that we have a Game 6 and a Game 7...that's all we can ask for at this point.
Game 5 is done.As far as LOLing at me, please let me do the same back at you for comparing these 2 situations. Luckily, Speed took a minute to educate you. I wasn't aware though that if the referee hadn't blown the whistle, that one goal lead in the first would have guaranteed not only a win in game 3 for San Jose, but also a 3-2 lead in the series. The Stars did not play their best defensive game in the 3rd on both goals. It is pretty clear from the post game comments that they are aware of it.Still, it doesn't change the fact that the ruling on that given play was plain awful.
Considering that game 2 ended in a tie at the end of regulation, my math tells me that it would have ended 2-1 Sharks if not for the EARLY whistle that cost them the first goal of the game.Secondly, if they win that game...my crazy math yet again tells me that the series would be 3-2 at this point. Not sure which math you use, but I don't need a calculator to figure out the basics.OH and you're right...Game 5 is very much OVER!! It's just sad that you can't get over it.
I'm just glad that we have a Game 6 and a Game 7...that's all we can ask for at this point.
Every 33 years someone comes back from being down 3 games to 0 and I think it's been 33 years since the last time right?1975 New York Islanders Pittsburgh Penguins up 3-0 Quarter-Final1942 Toronto Maple Leafs Detroit Red Wings up 3-0 Stanley Cup FinalWill 2008 be San Jose's year?I like how this is playing out.
Every 33 years someone comes back from being down 3 games to 0 and I think it's been 33 years since the last time right?1975 New York Islanders Pittsburgh Penguins up 3-0 Quarter-Final1942 Toronto Maple Leafs Detroit Red Wings up 3-0 Stanley Cup FinalWill 2008 be San Jose's year?I like how this is playing out.
Oh and then there's like sweet little fact: It's also the 33rd Anniversary of Jaws...chomp chomp bishes!!
Considering that game 2 ended in a tie at the end of regulation, my math tells me that it would have ended 2-1 Sharks if not for the EARLY whistle that cost them the first goal of the game.Secondly, if they win that game...my crazy math yet again tells me that the series would be 3-2 at this point. Not sure which math you use, but I don't need a calculator to figure out the basics.OH and you're right...Game 5 is very much OVER!! It's just sad that you can't get over it.
Math? Really?If San Jose do indeed take a 1-0 lead in the first period, then the rest of the game won't necessarily be played the same way :club: Same thing applies for last night. Doesn't mean that Dallas would have got that last goal to have a 3-0 lead entering the third. But still, this was a bogus call. And this could very well be the turning point of this series. As far as me not being able to get over it, don't worry, I am over it. We are still in a good spot, and I didn't expect this series to be easy for starters. Sharks have a great team, no doubt about that. Good luck.

When it was 3-0 for Dallas, I kind of wanted Dallas to just finish the goldfish...I mean...sharks off.Now, I think I'm on the Shark attack as I'd like to see the 33 year 3-0 comeback to come through.I think they just need to come out and punish anyone who touches the puck. Finish every check and put the Stars players through the boards sort of speak.

going to period #7 and Turco is blowing my mind. This game is sick IMO.
very very sick. Usually when guys get tired, you figure they will make mistakes and a goal will occur.In this game, I feel like the players are too tired to be able to score on a goalie as good as Turco/Nabokov!Hell, Im tired! Refuse to sleep though.