** Official 2007-2008 San Jose Sharks Thread **

Why do they make it so difficult, everytime they get the lead or a little momentum they sit back and get ran the **** over. Now would be a nice time to be the only team in hockey to come back from 3-0. Maybe they need some older guys who can grow beards and know what playoff hockey is about.
Finally shaving this stupid playoff beard is the only good thing that can possibly come from a 4-0 sweep tonight. Just put us out of our miseries already.
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the sharks have been MIA in this Dallas series. Marleau and Nabby have been two of the only guys doing anything. Thornton disappeared and Grier/Ehrhoff were terrible last night. Ehrhoff basically cost us the game with the penalty that resulted in the 5 on 3 and then the stupid icing play when he had room to make a better pass or just flip it slowly into the neutral zone. He just panicked. Campbell actually had his best game of the playoffs as he was the best defenseman for the sharks although he's been horrible up to that point.Most of the 3rd periods and OT have been played in the Sharks' zone as they cannot seem to clear the puck while on the flip side, the stars have no problems in clearing the puck in their zone. Also, how many bad passes and giveaways have we seen in this series? Three leads and three losses. I like Ron Wilson but unfortunately you can't get rid of all the players so he'll have to go.

One thing about this team is that they're capable of turning it on at any moment so lets see if they can get that win tonight.
dammit, why do you keep trying to give me hope? Just when I thought I was out, your last two posts dragged me right back in. I really just wanted to be done with this year, but now I can't wait for tonight's game...and all because of you, thanks a whole hell of a lot. I don't know why though, I know that I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. Ahhhhh eff it, GO SHARKS!!!

yea. I know only two teams have ever come back from a 3-0 deficit but to say it's over before the fourth game is won is a bit silly in any situation I think.Unless,of course, a peewee b team is playing against the Ottawa Senators. Then it's over for Ottawa. - sergeI won't be around to watch tonight though. So I get to skip all the heartbreaking or hope inspiring moments.

If any team can come back from 3-0, its the sharks. They actually put pressure on the stars for once, and werent playing in there own zone the whole game. Thats 1 down, now the stars come to San Jose where they are 8-0-2 this year, great.

If any team can come back from 3-0, its the sharks. They actually put pressure on the stars for once, and werent playing in there own zone the whole game. Thats 1 down, now the stars come to San Jose where they are 8-0-2 this year, great.
The sharks have never shown anywhere close to the amount of poise and ability to win in the playoffs needed to come back from 3-0.

it's pretty funny to see the 'Oh we're dead it's all over' and then later the 'this is the team can do it!'I don't think you can say that any team has the 'poise and ability to win in the playoffs needed to come back from 3-0'coming back from 3-0 is a crapshoot. it takes a lot of luck and a complete turn around from whatever caused the three straight losses. To say a team is the team that can do it or to say this team can't do it is silly.Obviously more faith is put into a team that was unbeaten in regulation for however many games it was than an 8th seed. But, yea. It has only happened twice./rantaboutsillyextremecommentsAnyway, I think Ron Wilson is gone unless this team wins the cup. Even if they magically come back from this series I don't think that makes a difference.

it's pretty funny to see the 'Oh we're dead it's all over' and then later the 'this is the team can do it!'I don't think you can say that any team has the 'poise and ability to win in the playoffs needed to come back from 3-0'coming back from 3-0 is a crapshoot. it takes a lot of luck and a complete turn around from whatever caused the three straight losses. To say a team is the team that can do it or to say this team can't do it is silly.Obviously more faith is put into a team that was unbeaten in regulation for however many games it was than an 8th seed. But, yea. It has only happened twice./rantaboutsillyextremecommentsAnyway, I think Ron Wilson is gone unless this team wins the cup. Even if they magically come back from this series I don't think that makes a difference.
I would give a team which has experienced playoff success a better chance of coming back from 3-0 than one that has a horrible playoff track record.
I would give a team which has experienced playoff success a better chance of coming back from 3-0 than one that has a horrible playoff track record.
The only reason i would say that or anybody else for that matter, is cause its your team. You have to have some hope that you can turn it around, plus im not gonna root for the Red Wings (if they were in the Sharks position) just cause they make the playoffs all the time and they just swept. Any team has a shot, a really long one but still. Lets see what happens tonight, then we'll be back.
The only reason i would say that or anybody else for that matter, is cause its your team. You have to have some hope that you can turn it around, plus im not gonna root for the Red Wings (if they were in the Sharks position) just cause they make the playoffs all the time and they just swept. Any team has a shot, a really long one but still. Lets see what happens tonight, then we'll be back.
What? I have a headache so maybe that is my problem but this post makes no sense...The only reason i would say that or anybody else for that matter, is cause its your team.What does this mean? You have to have some hope that you can turn it around, plus im not gonna root for the Red Wings (if they were in the Sharks position) just cause they make the playoffs all the time and they just swept.This makes no sense to me either? You aren't going to root for the Wings if they were down 3-0 because they make the playoffs and they just swept? Well they can't be down 3-0 and sweep so yeah. What? Sorry, I am just completely confuzzled over this post and what you are trying to say.

Its alright your from Detroit. He said the sharks cant come back from 3-0 because they arent a good playoff team. All i was trying to say was they have a chance. Wait a minute, how dare you question my writing skillz...

Without looking up anything, I'd venture a guess that 2/3 of 3-0 games are won by the teams down 3-0this would've been better to post before two out of the three teams down 3-0 won their games.Anyway, tonight's game is without a doubt the toughest of the series. Unless of course there's another one.Sorry for saying, "Obviously more faith is put into a team that was unbeaten in regulation for however many games it was than an 8th seed" because it led to "I would give a team which has experienced playoff success a better chance of coming back from 3-0 than one that has a horrible playoff track record" when we all know the difference between the chances of the teams we described coming back from 3-0 is probably .05%

Looks like Setoguchi will be in the lineup; was wondering if Wilson would yank him after that terrible giveaway in the last game. Good to see that he's playing him in as he and Mitchell bring a lot of energy.C'mon Thornton, prove your detractors wrong! Go Sharks!

IS there a chance San Jose can come back and win the series?OF COURSEDo I think San Jose will come back and win the series?NOPE, sorry Sharks fans...good luck tonight though.

Thanks to the referees.What a joke. Unbelievable.
Yeah those were some bad calls, but the refs did miss a bunch of calls on Dallas against San Jose, so it might be even.
Thanks to the referees.What a joke. Unbelievable.
LOL, are you freakin kidding me? So when the Sharks scored the first goal in Game 2 that the refs blew the whistle on early, uhhhhh where were you then? If that goal stands, this series is sitting at 3-2 Sharks. Nice try though. You have no room to complain, but I wouldn't expect much more than that from a Dallas fan. Good luck in Game 5, the pressure is all on you guys now :club::ts:D
LOL, are you freakin kidding me? So when the Sharks scored the first goal in Game 2 that the refs blew the whistle on early, uhhhhh where were you then? If that goal stands, this series is sitting at 3-2 Sharks. Nice try though. You have no room to complain, but I wouldn't expect much more than that from a Dallas fan. Good luck in Game 5, the pressure is all on you guys now :club::ts:D
Two totally different instances, that goal never had a chance to stand. The goal in question last night was obviously boarderline to those in the war room and they made a decision which seems to have been the wrong one.