too slow?PokerStars Game #12281341953: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2007/09/26 - 13:26:43 (ET)Table 'Columbia' 6-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: the bearfish ($4.90 in chips) Seat 2: bagdatisss ($4.10 in chips) Seat 3: electronlib ($10.05 in chips) Seat 4: Helppo ($10.55 in chips) Seat 5: mombeau1 ($5.30 in chips) Seat 6: fueddel ($3.10 in chips) Helppo: posts small blind $0.05mombeau1: posts big blind $0.10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to the bearfish [Kh Ks]fueddel: calls $0.10the bearfish: raises $0.30 to $0.40bagdatisss: folds electronlib: folds Helppo: folds mombeau1: folds fueddel: calls $0.30*** FLOP *** [Ts Kc Th]fueddel: checks the bearfish: checks *** TURN *** [Ts Kc Th] [Ah]fueddel: checks the bearfish: checks *** RIVER *** [Ts Kc Th Ah] [Ad]fueddel: checks the bearfish: bets $0.30fueddel: raises $2.40 to $2.70 and is all-in

why? flopping the second nuts against donks at a .05/.10?i disagree with you here, and want him to catch up a little bit.
Would you bet if you raised with 78s on that flop? What about AK? What about AQ? If you answered yes to any of these questions you need to bet the flop.

You have to bet the turn. Anything he can put money in with he's got to put in with on the turn. He's hit his A, he might be willing to let you bet and check/call on the turn, rather than leading out and getting raised, since you raised preflop. Might also call with a flush or straight draw if he's bad, or maybe made a straight.Gotta bet the turn.

and now for the results:after taking some time i called his all in, and he showed j5, playing the board.so it worked out, but next time i gotta bet that turn.i do not fell i HAVE to bet the flop everytime. in order to change pace yes, but just becausei would bet ak there doesnt mean i have to bet a flopped full house. he could have a hand like 23 suited and fold to my flop bet of .10. its situation dependent, but i do not think betting the flop in this situation is correct. betting the turn, howver, is.i got lucky and it paid off.

and now for the results:after taking some time i called his all in, and he showed j5, playing the board.so it worked out, but next time i gotta bet that turn.i do not fell i HAVE to bet the flop everytime. in order to change pace yes, but just becausei would bet ak there doesnt mean i have to bet a flopped full house. he could have a hand like 23 suited and fold to my flop bet of .10. its situation dependent, but i do not think betting the flop in this situation is correct. betting the turn, howver, is.i got lucky and it paid off.
Results don't matter.Bet the flop.If you're consistently C-betting flops, then suddenly don't bet, is that a sign of strength or weakness.
too slow?PokerStars Game #12281341953: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2007/09/26 - 13:26:43 (ET)Table 'Columbia' 6-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: the bearfish ($4.90 in chips) Seat 2: bagdatisss ($4.10 in chips) Seat 3: electronlib ($10.05 in chips) Seat 4: Helppo ($10.55 in chips) Seat 5: mombeau1 ($5.30 in chips) Seat 6: fueddel ($3.10 in chips) Helppo: posts small blind $0.05mombeau1: posts big blind $0.10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to the bearfish [Kh Ks]fueddel: calls $0.10the bearfish: raises $0.30 to $0.40bagdatisss: folds electronlib: folds Helppo: folds mombeau1: folds fueddel: calls $0.30*** FLOP *** [Ts Kc Th]fueddel: checks the bearfish: checks *** TURN *** [Ts Kc Th] [Ah]fueddel: checks the bearfish: checks *** RIVER *** [Ts Kc Th Ah] [Ad]fueddel: checks the bearfish: bets $0.30fueddel: raises $2.40 to $2.70 and is all-in
Dude. Why? We all dream of flopping a set of kings. Put some money in the freaking pot.

I'd bet the flop most times in this situation unless I had a specific read reason not to, such as villain always takes a shot on the turn after checked flop. At these levels you generally make optimal money by betting your made hands.

he could have a hand like 23 suited and fold to my flop bet of .10.
So what? You don't want to get paid off by 23s. You want to get paid off by three 10s or AK or some idiot who slowplayed AA. You shouldn't be concerned about winning an extra few bucks from crap hands, you should think about how to get all the chips in the center and that won't happen with those crap hands anyways. Its unlikely that you're going to get paid unless he's either a donkey or he's got one of the hands I mentioned before, so why not set it up so you get paid off in those situations?

Regardless of whether you bet the flop or not, you have to bet the turn. The guy is either playing out the hand or not playing out the hand on the turn. If you're still trying to let him catch up, you're hoping he hits a two outter. Otherwise, his hand is as made as it's going to be.

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.106 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $3.10Hero: $4.90CO: $4.10Button: $10.05SB: $10.55BB: $5.30Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K :D K :D UTG calls, Hero raises to $0.4, 4 folds, UTG calls.Flop: T :D K :) T :D ($0.95, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero checks.Turn: A :) ($0.95, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero checks.River: A :club: ($0.95, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $0.3, UTG raises all-in $2.7.Uncalled bets: $2.4 returned to UTG.Results:Final pot: $3.95I have nothing else to add.

ZOMG I FLOPPED A FULL HOUSE CHECKKKKK I HATe VALUE AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO MAKE CALLING STATIONS PAY!!!11AND CONVERT YOUR FUCKING HANDS.
weeeeeeeeeeerrrrddd
ZOMG I FLOPPED A FULL HOUSE CHECKKKKK I HATe VALUE AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO MAKE CALLING STATIONS PAY!!!11AND CONVERT YOUR FUCKING HANDS.
That's very helpful.Can we please get a mod in here to ban this clown?
ur the best mod everhe wasnt calling anything w/ j high.so whats wrong with having him bluff at it? or hit a J? if i check the flop, none of these could happen.
ur the best mod everhe wasnt calling anything w/ j high.so whats wrong with having him bluff at it? or hit a J? if i check the flop, none of these could happen.
ZOMGZ RESULTS ORIENTATION!!1(seriously though, it's probably just a bad habit to pick up. If you're playing with people who are even remotely able to form coherent thoughts, they'll probably be able to tell you flopped the nuts when you check in an HU pot after raising preflop, after they've seen you c-bet a billion in a row. Right? Also, the best way to build pots vs calling stations is to bet. You don't know he has J high. He could have had a T, an A, a gutshot, an open ender, etc. Don't be results oriented on this one pot.)Btw, my reply has nothing to do with being a mod. It's retarded for people do criticize my modding ability, which is stellar, for my views/replies/attempts to help people in the strategy forum.
ZOMGZ RESULTS ORIENTATION!!1(seriously though, it's probably just a bad habit to pick up. If you're playing with people who are even remotely able to form coherent thoughts, they'll probably be able to tell you flopped the nuts when you check in an HU pot after raising preflop, after they've seen you c-bet a billion in a row. Right? Also, the best way to build pots vs calling stations is to bet. You don't know he has J high. He could have had a T, an A, a gutshot, an open ender, etc. Don't be results oriented on this one pot.)Btw, my reply has nothing to do with being a mod. It's retarded for people do criticize my modding ability, which is stellar, for my views/replies/attempts to help people in the strategy forum.
ZOMG ZACH JUSS PWNED JOO! RESULTS ORIENTED Y DID I BOTHER TO POST FTW!!!!!!!!111onehundredeleven112
Btw, my reply has nothing to do with being a mod. It's retarded for people do criticize my modding ability, which is stellar, for my views/replies/attempts...
...which aren't.