Bkice 1/4 In Sunday Mulligan On Ftp

I could not agree, yet disagree more at the same time.That would be like saying that it was a shame that Vince Carter left the Raptors since he is one of the best talents in the NBA. But while he was there, he didn't try or contribute to the team in any way at all. His teammates may have liked him, but he didn't really help the franchise at all. Towards the end of his stay, he got arrogant and contributed less and less, til eventually people barely even noticed he was there.The analogy is perfect.PS There is so much cross posting between here and Pokerhaus anyway that it's not like people have far to go anyway if they have to get their daily does of BK.
it was, him + tmac = gold. sighaltho the raps lineup this year was good, i think we have a title run in next 5 yrs max
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is 8, right?

Is that French for "tilt"?

Dude really? Life tilt? grow up

I could not agree, yet disagree more at the same time.That would be like saying that it was a shame that Vince Carter left the Raptors since he is one of the best talents in the NBA. But while he was there, he didn't try or contribute to the team in any way at all. His teammates may have liked him, but he didn't really help the franchise at all. Towards the end of his stay, he got arrogant and contributed less and less, til eventually people barely even noticed he was there.The analogy is perfect.PS There is so much cross posting between here and Pokerhaus anyway that it's not like people have far to go anyway if they have to get their daily does of BK.
This is so lollable that BK "didn't contribute to the team (in this case FCP) in any way at all." He may not have posted in tourney discush a ton or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure he met quite a few of his horses via FCP and that he's definitely helped them who in turn helped other people, etc.And lol @ me sticking up for BK, anyone who posts on the Haus with any decent regularity knows the irony here.
i will never back down from anything and start confrontations all day long when someone says something i disagree with.
Truer words have never been spoken. <3 BK.
This is so lollable that BK "didn't contribute to the team (in this case FCP) in any way at all." He may not have posted in tourney discush a ton or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure he met quite a few of his horses via FCP and that he's definitely helped them who in turn helped other people, etc.And lol @ me sticking up for BK, anyone who posts on the Haus with any decent regularity knows the irony here.Truer words have never been spoken. <3 BK.
Decent points I guess, WHILE he posted here...but he didn't really do anything for the 6 months before this thread, and people are acting like he did. That's more my point I guess.
Decent points I guess, WHILE he posted here...but he didn't really do anything for the 6 months before this thread, and people are acting like he did. That's more my point I guess.
I find it hard to believe he didn't do "anything," i.e. never gave advice once, during that time period. I agree he wasn't really handing out advice/contributing a ton during his last 6 months here, because he did stop posting as much as he used to. However, I think that this thread is case-in-point why he stopped posting. He got attacked for saying "LFT" after finishing 4th. How many TOP players are actually "satisfied" with finishing 4th? DN more or less said the same thing when he finished 3rd in the Shootout at the WSOP during his video blog when he said: "You don't say Congratulations for someone finishing third, you say Condolences." And, yet, I didn't see any thread about that, let alone a 1000+ reply flaming thread. Seriously, that's so ridiculous/uncalled for and it was mostly just haters hating. As a result, BK hasn't posted since this thread because he was basically "run out of town." Which is never good for the forum as a whole, imo.
I find it hard to believe he didn't do "anything," i.e. never gave advice once, during that time period. I agree he wasn't really handing out advice/contributing a ton during his last 6 months here, because he did stop posting as much as he used to. However, I think that this thread is case-in-point why he stopped posting. He got attacked for saying "LFT" after finishing 4th. How many TOP players are actually "satisfied" with finishing 4th? DN more or less said the same thing when he finished 3rd in the Shootout at the WSOP during his video blog when he said: "You don't say Congratulations for someone finishing third, you say Condolences." And, yet, I didn't see any thread about that, let alone a 1000+ reply flaming thread. Seriously, that's so ridiculous/uncalled for and it was mostly just haters hating. As a result, BK hasn't posted since this thread because he was basically "run out of town." Which is never good for the forum as a whole, imo.
I won't revisit all these points as they were discussed ad nausem in this thread. Needless to say his arrogant tone and "bigtiming" responses throughout this and other recent threads was a big reason why people jumped down his throat.I don't care that much about giving out advice. That is only one way to contribute. He was basically nothing but a ghost. And that's fine if that's what he wants to do, I don't really care. But it means it's not that big of a deal that he left.
This is so lollable that BK "didn't contribute to the team (in this case FCP) in any way at all." He may not have posted in tourney discush a ton or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure he met quite a few of his horses via FCP and that he's definitely helped them who in turn helped other people, etc.And lol @ me sticking up for BK, anyone who posts on the Haus with any decent regularity knows the irony here.Truer words have never been spoken. <3 BK.
omg head explosion with SBD standing up for bkizzle
LOLOL. This is GOLD. This shows the type of person SBD is that even though he has had some disagreements with Andy in the past couple of days he can still realize the type of person BK is and how much he contributes to teh interwebz.
I won't revisit all these points as they were discussed ad nausem in this thread. Needless to say his arrogant tone and "bigtiming" responses throughout this and other recent threads was a big reason why people jumped down his throat.I don't care that much about giving out advice. That is only one way to contribute. He was basically nothing but a ghost. And that's fine if that's what he wants to do, I don't really care. But it means it's not that big of a deal that he left.
I don't think I actually ever posted in this thread when it went apeshit, as I didn't really care, but I agree with alot of what is said above. IMO, I never really got the obsession w/ bkice. He obv. was a very good tourney player, as his results showed, but outside of that I never saw him do anything HERE that really warranted "star status".

sbd made most of my points. it was true that he didn't post as much as he did before, but he was still remembered nonetheless for the impact he did have. after all, a rail call was still made for him. he may not have been as happy with FCP as he once was, but this thread ensured that he will never post here again, which is a huge loss for this forum. you may say that he wouldn't have done much anyway, but i think that's an assumption that you or anyone is ill-informed to make. burning bridges is generally never a good idea.i don't like this obsession talk. bkice is a very good player, one whose work ethic many would do well to observe. this doesn't mean i agree with everything he says, or more often how he says it. i think the stereotyping that is going on is detrimental.

sbd made most of my points. it was true that he didn't post as much as he did before, but he was still remembered nonetheless for the impact he did have. after all, a rail call was still made for him. he may not have been as happy with FCP as he once was, but this thread ensured that he will never post here again, which is a huge loss for this forum. you may say that he wouldn't have done much anyway, but i think that's an assumption that you or anyone is ill-informed to make. burning bridges is generally never a good idea.i don't like this obsession talk. bkice is a very good player, one whose work ethic many would do well to observe. this doesn't mean i agree with everything he says, or more often how he says it. i think the stereotyping that is going on is detrimental.
Don't hate the man cause he's brown people.
I don't think I actually ever posted in this thread when it went apeshit, as I didn't really care, but I agree with alot of what is said above. IMO, I never really got the obsession w/ bkice. He obv. was a very good tourney player, as his results showed, but outside of that I never saw him do anything HERE that really warranted "star status".
i loled at obsession and star status[x] bkice is a star[x] im obsessed
Ya, you guys are right, less high stakes players posting here is better for errybody. We need more .05 .10 limit players posting for sure.
????????????For some reason I don't think you really read the last page of posts.
????????????For some reason I don't think you really read the last page of posts.
To be fair, I never do. I get the memo everytime a BKiCe thread pops up and I'm obligated to post a smart-ass one liner. I'm just phoning it in these days, I don't even like the guy.
I agree with this last paragraph though. Hating on a guy because he's upset about a 4th and a 2nd is pretty weak.
I agree with this last paragraph though. Hating on a guy because he's upset about a 4th and a 2nd is pretty weak.
This thread didn't get so big cause people were annoyed he was upset at finished 4th, it got so big because people thought he acted like an arrogant twat.

Meh, FWIW. In all honesty, I'm pretty sure BK is a real nice guy and is definietly a top player, but as far as contributing to this forum, I've never really seen him contribute anything in the Strat forums. Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I remember, I never really seen him post anything in strat.Also, one thing I want to add, there are alot of good strat posters who contribute quite a bit in the strat Tourney forum who never really get any kind of recognition and rarely ever travel outside of there that I think alot of posters here miss out on.

Meh, FWIW. In all honesty, I'm pretty sure BK is a real nice guy and is definietly a top player, but as far as contributing to this forum, I've never really seen him contribute anything in the Strat forums. Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I remember, I never really seen him post anything in strat.Also, one thing I want to add, there are alot of good strat posters who contribute quite a bit in the strat Tourney forum who never really get any kind of recognition and rarely ever travel outside of there that I think alot of posters here miss out on.
Since when did FCP become a strategy only forum? I would have stopped reading poker forums all together years ago if all I was interested in was threads on how to play AK vs a raise and a re-raise.In regards to BK never contributing:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...ic=54016&hl=http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...ic=80579&hl=Both threads are valuable in their own way. Sure, he might not tell you how to maximize your EV with AA, but he does provide insights.And here is what I found when I just searched the tournament strat forum for his member name:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...mp;highlite=%2BWhen you actually look for the stuff, you realize BK provided a great deal of strategy orientated posts.

I certainly did not mean to stir the pot. I am new and had no idea about what happened, just remember seeing BKice involved somewhere and that he had a big score. And I do like FCP for a few reasons. There are people willing to talk strat. There are some very good tourny and cash game pros/players that participate. And that it feels more like a community then most other poker forums.I have also met some people that help with my game. It is by no means the only or even the main source I go to for information. But I do feel the forum is better served by having GREAT players involved. I am by no means saying that you have to kiss anyones a$$, but instead of expecting these players to put themselves in my shoes, I think it's a better idea to try to put myself in theirs. I want to get better. They are better. If I should be more pissed when I get 4th and go on LFT, then that's fine with me. If it shows he has a stronger competitive drive that I need to adopt, or a higher expectation of himself, then I should have that expectation of myself.By the above links it looks like he did participate at least a little. And some good info. Sure he posts at other places as well and you can get more there. Who cares?I am grateful for the excellent players that do participate. And the up and comers that do as well.... some just for fantastic entertainment value.Anyway, I wasn't going to add anything to this thread because it has all been said already in the previous 112 bazillion pages. (but I need to get my post count up so I can change my title!!!! :club: )

Since when did FCP become a strategy only forum? I would have stopped reading poker forums all together years ago if all I was interested in was threads on how to play AK vs a raise and a re-raise.In regards to BK never contributing:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...ic=54016&hl=http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...ic=80579&hl=Both threads are valuable in their own way. Sure, he might not tell you how to maximize your EV with AA, but he does provide insights.And here is what I found when I just searched the tournament strat forum for his member name:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...mp;highlite=%2BWhen you actually look for the stuff, you realize BK provided a great deal of strategy orientated posts.
I'm not really going to keep beating this thread, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. But I do agree that those 2 posts were/are very useful, I read them when they were first posted.
I might be beating a dead horse here, but the point is that all that stuff was from a year before this thread. In that time frame he rarely posted, and the times he did, the posts were acting like he was above everyone else here.If he hadn't been acting that way, I agree it would have been silly if he were JUST being flamed for posting that one paragaraph and being frustrated about not winning as a 19:1 favorite deep in a tournament for life changing money. I've seen pocketdeuces and suited up all complain about final tables they've made without cashing in just in the last week without anything happening because they aren't douches.Should everyone ignore the fact that he acted like a douche just because he is high stakes winning player that happened to post here?
I'm not really going to keep beating this thread, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. But I do agree that those 2 posts were/are very useful, I read them when they were first posted.
I didn't mean for that post to seem aggressive or anything, it's just the concept that people need to post in strat to be 'valuable' to the forums gets thrown around at times around here and I find it ridiculous.On a side note, I should have posted the link to when he chopped/held the other two guys up at gun point in the Stars 162. BK dealmaking skills FTW.

Serious post here about something that's been puzzling me.The beat that started this post he ended up splitting the pot after being a 98% favourite or something, so he should have got 98% of the pot on average but ended up getting 50%, a loss of 50%In a coinflip situation, you have 50% equity and when you lose you lose 50% equity, resulting in the same equity lost. Going by equity lost, his beat was no worse than losing a coinflip no?I think my logic is wrong somewhere here so feel free to correct me.And this isn't a dig at BCKICE or anything, i'm just wondering if it makes sense to view his split as losing a coinflip.

I might be beating a dead horse here, but the point is that all that stuff was from a year before this thread. In that time frame he rarely posted, and the times he did, the posts were acting like he was above everyone else here.If he hadn't been acting that way, I agree it would have been silly if he were JUST being flamed for posting that one paragaraph and being frustrated about not winning as a 19:1 favorite deep in a tournament for life changing money. I've seen pocketdeuces and suited up all complain about final tables they've made without cashing in just in the last week without anything happening because they aren't douches.Should everyone ignore the fact that he acted like a douche just because he is high stakes winning player that happened to post here?
No, I can't excuse 'acting like a douche', because I've never understood taking that attitude online, but on the same note, I can't recall BK being that way prior to this thread. I could have missed the posts though obv, or just be viewing his threads through rose colored glasses because he is my friend.I just take exception to the idea that any player/poster owes anything to the forum, or being judged for their 'value' to the forum.