• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is 8, right?

Is that French for "tilt"?

Dude really? Life tilt? grow up

this thread had me on LFT a while ago, now it's entertaining me while BK's grandfather is lecturing about god knows what.andy tell ur grandfather to retire or make some sense.

I don't quite understand this talk about how all these great players are here willing to help. Since when? Socal has been nice to offer me some help in cash games, which is pretty cool for an asian guy, and well that is about it. When I first came here back in the day I learned quickly that if you don't fit a certain mold, don't bother. Steve, you offered help at an undisclosed price. Which, don't get me wrong, is totally fine, but your comments seem to say that there are people like Andy and JC who are just sitting here waiting to help all of us donks. Not true.Mind you, that doesn't bother me one bit. I lurk, I read, I have another forum I go to for poker help. I like to sit here and entertain myself during a boring workday which so far has been both yesterday and today. Doesn't mean I am jealous either. Sure I am a douchebag but unlike most people, I can admit it.

I guess I don't see a poker forum as a source of entertainement. Perhaps that's where I am missing something.That could be one of the differences between a pro player and someone who just comes on here to screw around and have fun. Not sure.For a pro player, this is his work. Usually his life's passion.If I want to be entertained, I watch a movie or take my dog to the park.
There are just as many non-poker boards on here as there are poker boards. I like movies and TV so there is a board where we can shoot the shit about Survivor and some new movie, there are sports forums where we all trash talk each other and many people have created fantasy leagues that have been going on for years. I would love to have gotten up and gone to a movie or kicked a dog in the park but I am at work. So I have FCP as my virtual park. I am not on here as much at night or the weekends unless I am online playing poker (if you can call it playing poker). Any, rambling, made my point I guess, or not, whatever.Edit: Damn my wife who called in the middle of posting this thus making me late to the dance
Yes and no. At one point, General spent a lot of time dealing with incredibly important issues. But think about the the thread that either Hoosier or PMJ started about his hand in the main event. Sorry, forgot who it was.Tons of strategy and analysis in that thread.I think there is a mix of both in general.
It was me; Hoosier would never play the hand that bad w/ my image (important qualifier).
also renaedawn, i'd love for you to repost your question about life tilt, i think it's hilarious that you find it such a serious term... i probably use the term life tilt about 2x a day about all manners of things, but i guess you can go back to telling me how i need to lighten up and relax
I don't believe I ever told you any such thing. What I said was that I was a member of the "words should mean something camp". Go back and read it. It's okay, we'll wait for you.Got it? Okay.That's my opinion. I'm allowed to it. Words should mean something. If you don't agree with that opinion, fine. You're welcome to say that. You are not going to get away with putting words in my mouth, however. Or anything else at the rate you're going.This defensiveness and assumption of attack is part of the problem that the people who have a problem with you have. I may or may not be one of those people. As you'll notice, I didn't say. I will clarify again (which incidentally is what I did last time) about where the 2 sides stand.Anti-BK camp claims that you over react and take things said on a message board way too seriously and come off looking like someone who needs some lessons in humility. My opinion may or may not be in line with this one.The Pro-BK camp claims that it's just a term and that you can use it anyway you like. My opinion may or may not be in line with this one. They also go off on a tangent about the differences in pressure at higher limits but that discussion, while interesting, is irrelevant to this point at hand.What I find most interesting about the whole thing to this juncture is that you paid absolutely no attention to how Tommy said he would have handled being called a condescending prick on a message board and continue down this same path over and over again.How many times do you have to be told to buy the hot tub before you'll actually get it and buy the damn hot tub? (See Bk vs PartyP thread for that reference if you don't get it.)To accommodate your request, here's the question again (paraphrasing because I am uncertain exactly how I said it the first time):Would you ever use the term "life tilt"? Is there any beat in the world bad enough to put you on "life tilt"?
I don't quite understand this talk about how all these great players are here willing to help. Since when? Socal has been nice to offer me some help in cash games, which is pretty cool for an asian guy, and well that is about it. When I first came here back in the day I learned quickly that if you don't fit a certain mold, don't bother. Steve, you offered help at an undisclosed price. Which, don't get me wrong, is totally fine, but your comments seem to say that there are people like Andy and JC who are just sitting here waiting to help all of us donks. Not true.Mind you, that doesn't bother me one bit. I lurk, I read, I have another forum I go to for poker help. I like to sit here and entertain myself during a boring workday which so far has been both yesterday and today. Doesn't mean I am jealous either. Sure I am a douchebag but unlike most people, I can admit it.There are just as many non-poker boards on here as there are poker boards. I like movies and TV so there is a board where we can shoot the shit about Survivor and some new movie, there are sports forums where we all trash talk each other and many people have created fantasy leagues that have been going on for years. I would love to have gotten up and gone to a movie or kicked a dog in the park but I am at work. So I have FCP as my virtual park. I am not on here as much at night or the weekends unless I am online playing poker (if you can call it playing poker). Any, rambling, made my point I guess, or not, whatever.Edit: Damn my wife who called in the middle of posting this thus making me late to the dance
Good post.I don't think there are people like Andy and JC just sitting around waiting to help people.I think there are TONS of very good players who could and would help and contribute to threads if they were asked. I personally never just sat around hoping to find information. I went out there and learned, got coached from truly talented players. It took a lot of effort. I don't want to attempt to create a list of people who could help others on this site because I know that I would miss a lot of great players, and I don't want to feel like a jerk. But trust me, they're out there.Speedz made a very good point about not coming into a strat post and joking around. Where as he saw these types of threads as fair game. I never really thought about it that way. But I guess it makes sense.If someone is sitting at work, bored and online, this can easily pass the time.There is no right or wrong answer. I am just now more enlightened regarding certain people's situations. ie: killing time at work.
I don't believe I ever told you any such thing. What I said was that I was a member of the "words should mean something camp". Go back and read it. It's okay, we'll wait for you.Got it? Okay.That's my opinion. I'm allowed to it. Words should mean something. If you don't agree with that opinion, fine. You're welcome to say that. You are not going to get away with putting words in my mouth, however. Or anything else at the rate you're going.This defensiveness and assumption of attack is part of the problem that the people who have a problem with you have. I may or may not be one of those people. As you'll notice, I didn't say. I will clarify again (which incidentally is what I did last time) about where the 2 sides stand.Anti-BK camp claims that you over react and take things said on a message board way too seriously and come off looking like someone who needs some lessons in humility. My opinion may or may not be in line with this one.The Pro-BK camp claims that it's just a term and that you can use it anyway you like. My opinion may or may not be in line with this one. They also go off on a tangent about the differences in pressure at higher limits but that discussion, while interesting, is irrelevant to this point at hand.What I find most interesting about the whole thing to this juncture is that you paid absolutely no attention to how Tommy said he would have handled being called a condescending prick on a message board and continue down this same path over and over again.How many times do you have to be told to buy the hot tub before you'll actually get it and buy the damn hot tub? (See Bk vs PartyP thread for that reference if you don't get it.)To accommodate your request, here's the question again (paraphrasing because I am uncertain exactly how I said it the first time):Would you ever use the term "life tilt"? Is there any beat in the world bad enough to put you on "life tilt"?
If you weren't a girl I would do you.
Obviously brown poker players are treated differently than the white poker players. White poker players don't have to answer questions like "what is it like being a brown poker player?" Even when brown poker players do well, they are criticized by being told they could have made this play better or they got lucky here, etc. He isn't saying that Daniel Negreanu, Phil Hellmuth, Brian Townsend don't get criticized...they are all GREAT players. They just get criticized differently. Did BKiCE expect any backlash? Yeah, everything he says he expects a backlash. It's just reality. The Brown poker players just have to do a little bit extra. No matter the style of play or the comments afterwards, there is always going to be criticism.
I love your avatar but this post is just stupid and there is no basis for this in anything anyone has said in their criticism. .
All this for saying Life tilt lol.... 41 pages and still going strong.
damn it people, 40 posts per page. what is this, the freaking seventies?

15 Members: Ron_Mexico, meservery, yourboygsarida, astros11ss, vbnautilus, gibler123, mase_gotsem, TB17, BellaireDrew, James D, fatman, Canuckickstan, no not baxter, CobaltBlue, specbradI knew I smelled chicken nuggets.

I don't believe I ever told you any such thing. What I said was that I was a member of the "words should mean something camp". Go back and read it. It's okay, we'll wait for you.Got it? Okay.That's my opinion. I'm allowed to it. Words should mean something. If you don't agree with that opinion, fine. You're welcome to say that. You are not going to get away with putting words in my mouth, however. Or anything else at the rate you're going.This defensiveness and assumption of attack is part of the problem that the people who have a problem with you have. I may or may not be one of those people. As you'll notice, I didn't say. What I find most interesting about the whole thing to this juncture is that you paid absolutely no attention to how Tommy said he would have handled being called a condescending prick on a message board and continue down this same path over and over again.
so you are entitled to your opinion but he isn't entitled to handle something how he sees fit?? :club:
What I find most interesting about the whole thing to this juncture is that you paid absolutely no attention to how Tommy said he would have handled being called a condescending prick on a message board and continue down this same path over and over again.How many times do you have to be told to buy the hot tub before you'll actually get it and buy the damn hot tub? (See Bk vs PartyP thread for that reference if you don't get it.)To accommodate your request, here's the question again (paraphrasing because I am uncertain exactly how I said it the first time):Would you ever use the term "life tilt"? Is there any beat in the world bad enough to put you on "life tilt"?
you realize tommy and i are good friends right? we've had this conversation before, while tommy is much more chill and willing to let things die to avoid confrontation, i will never back down from anything and start confrontations all day long when someone says something i disagree with. no big deal, two different people, but i don't really see what your point is.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is about life tilt?!?!!?!?Come on guys, it is just one of the many expressions that poker players use nowadays. People say stuff like Go Ice Fishing and Fall In or Get Aids And Die and nobody gets pissed at those expressions because we know they are just kidding around. I mean Aids is a serious deal and alot of people could easily get offended by that expression. When people say GAAD in my opinion it is MUCH worse than saying life ****ing tilt. They are both expressions. They are both not serious. Why would someone all of a sudden go off on Andy for saying life ****ing tilt? Are you guys just looking for anything to stir up a fight with this brown man you love to hate?Like I said earlier, I am 99.99% positive that Andy realizes that stuff like cancer and loss of a parent are worse than his 4th place bad beat. To think otherwise is just absurd. He knows his beat is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of the world.<3 Baxter

you realize tommy and i are good friends right? we've had this conversation before, while tommy is much more chill and willing to let things die to avoid confrontation, i will never back down from anything and start confrontations all day long when someone says something i disagree with. no big deal, two different people, but i don't really see what your point is.
There ya go. So what's the big deal?