Bkice 1/4 In Sunday Mulligan On Ftp

Irrelevant. I've already perfected my social skills...or at least understand that "you're a vagina" is a facetious remark. That's why I'm allowed to tell someone else to get out there and figure these things out. Also I'm a prick that hopefully noone ever takes too seriously in general. I'm pretty sure that's the case.I like the idea, but I don't hate typing "sw" because I'm lazy, it's because I hate the idea of that phrase in general.
BUT HOW WILL WE KNOW WHEN YOU ARE SERIOUS OR NOT????
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is 8, right?

Is that French for "tilt"?

Dude really? Life tilt? grow up

There you go, misterb. I set you up for a funny comment...you know what you need to set me up for.
a b-bomb on a girl with only one leg?

I know this thread is going in a lot of different directions right now, but I am curious about something. It seems like FCP has taken to alienating some very good players lately.I really don't know Andy. Nor do I know much about the online tournament players these days. But, in reading through this thread, people obviously watch and rail online tournaments.In fact, it appears that those who are criticizing Andy also have watched him play extensively in the past.As opposed to arguing with him, why not create a positive thread seeking advice from some of the better players.A lot of people were truly excited about the idea of me taking on new students. A couple of people decided to cause a lot of chaos in that thread as well. So I opened up Q and A with Steve7Stud in the strat forum.Amazingly, the thread where people could just sit around and complain got far more attention, than a thread where people could actually get free advice on a daily basis.For those of you who are looking to improve your game, I have news for you. Daniel hasn't posted a quiz, or gone into a strat thread in quite some time.But there is plenty of talent on this forum.It might seem easier, and more fun to antagonize and debate with people all day long. But what are you really accomplishing?

BUT HOW WILL WE KNOW WHEN YOU ARE SERIOUS OR NOT????
Do what I do when talking to people on the Internet. Don't ever take anything seriously. Well, unless someone tells you to "give me a break". Then you should go on life ****ing tilt.
I know this thread is going in a lot of different directions right now, but I am curious about something. It seems like FCP has taken to alienating some very good players lately.I really don't know Andy. Nor do I know much about the online tournament players these days. But, in reading through this thread, people obviously watch and rail online tournaments.In fact, it appears that those who are criticizing Andy also have watched him play extensively in the past.As opposed to arguing with him, why not create a positive thread seeking advice from some of the better players.A lot of people were truly excited about the idea of me taking on new students. A couple of people decided to cause a lot of chaos in that thread as well. So I opened up Q and A with Steve7Stud in the strat forum.Amazingly, the thread where people could just sit around and complain got far more attention, than a thread where people could actually get free advice on a daily basis.For those of you who are looking to improve your game, I have news for you. Daniel hasn't posted a quiz, or gone into a strat thread in quite some time.But there is plenty of talent on this forum.It might seem easier, and more fun to antagonize and debate with people all day long. But what are you really accomplishing?
Do what I do when talking to people on the Internet. Don't ever take anything seriously.
It seems like FCP has taken to alienating some very good players lately.
They only become alienated when they're so flabbergasted that anyone would ever question them. Seriously...look back at the first page. Rhinestone would have said the same thing to a $5 tourney player that complained about getting sucked out on and ending up 4th...but that guy probably wouldn't fly off the handle about it. You pro poker players seem to be a sensitive breed.
It might seem easier, and more fun to antagonize and debate with people all day long. But what are you really accomplishing?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I found this thread incredibly entertaining...much better than just studying chemistry all day without having anything to relieve the boredom.
They only become alienated when they're so flabbergasted that anyone would ever question them. Seriously...look back at the first page. Rhinestone would have said the same thing to a $5 tourney player that complained about getting sucked out on and ending up 4th...but that guy probably wouldn't fly off the handle about it. You pro poker players seem to be a sensitive breed.
actually, i'm pretty sure the $5 player would tell him to suck a dick too, and if you don't believe me, i can probably find about 50 bbv posts that illustrate this very exchange
I can't speak for anyone else, but I found this thread incredibly entertaining...much better than just studying chemistry all day without having anything to relieve the boredom.
i guess this is the essence of fcp... alot of the regulars who have been posting in this thread are here to be a part of the community and shoot the shit and possibly fall in love with a dude, not so much to study and improve at poker. to each his own.

also renaedawn, i'd love for you to repost your question about life tilt, i think it's hilarious that you find it such a serious term... i probably use the term life tilt about 2x a day about all manners of things, but i guess you can go back to telling me how i need to lighten up and relax

Quick, I was current on thread when I went to bed last night on page 12 (40 posts per page) anything worth reading now.
Al Smooth got a new watch.ChuckSty is back from dog sledding.
They only become alienated when they're so flabbergasted that anyone would ever question them. Seriously...look back at the first page. Rhinestone would have said the same thing to a $5 tourney player that complained about getting sucked out on and ending up 4th...but that guy probably wouldn't fly off the handle about it. You pro poker players seem to be a sensitive breed.I can't speak for anyone else, but I found this thread incredibly entertaining...much better than just studying chemistry all day without having anything to relieve the boredom.
I personally only care about attacks when it comes to my character. All of the other stuff doesn't matter to me.I guess I don't see a poker forum as a source of entertainement. Perhaps that's where I am missing something.That could be one of the differences between a pro player and someone who just comes on here to screw around and have fun. Not sure.For a pro player, this is his work. Usually his life's passion.If I want to be entertained, I watch a movie or take my dog to the park.
actually, i'm pretty sure the $5 player would tell him to suck a dick too, and if you don't believe me, i can probably find about 50 bbv posts that illustrate this very exchange
I'm still not sure what "bbv" means...but yeah, you're right. It just wouldn't spark a 20 page thread. That only happened because when someone as high profile as you gets into an e-fight it brings in everyone. Fanboys, haters, the occasional rational human being, people like me that are just looking to be entertained, etc.
i guess this is the essence of fcp... alot of the regulars who have been posting in this thread are here to be a part of the community and shoot the shit and possibly fall in love with a dude, not so much to study and improve at poker. to each his own.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
bkice, to be fair you have to recognize that the various subsections of fcp are their own little ecosystems. General Poker Forum is not for improving one's game, but some decent study does go on in the strategy forums.
yeeeaaahhh... see, now you're getting it.
More that was worthy of reading than the 12 pages you've already read.
Al Smooth got a new watch.ChuckSty is back from dog sledding.
Thx guys!Damn it another hour of reading ahead of me.Also, Bkice should be featured member on front page after week of poker playing and forum contributions.
I personally only care about attacks when it comes to my character. All of the other stuff doesn't matter to me.I guess I don't see a poker forum as a source of entertainement. Perhaps that's where I am missing something.That could be one of the differences between a pro player and someone who just comes on here to screw around and have fun. Not sure.For a pro player, this is his work. Usually his life's passion.If I want to be entertained, I watch a movie or take my dog to the park.
I guess I just always assume that any thread not specifically about poker strategy is meant to be entertainment in some way, shape, or form. I'd never go to the strat forum and screw around in one of your threads, but I consider stuff like this to be fair game.
also renaedawn, i'd love for you to repost your question about life tilt, i think it's hilarious that you find it such a serious term... i probably use the term life tilt about 2x a day about all manners of things, but i guess you can go back to telling me how i need to lighten up and relax
It's almost like you could have said this 20 pages ago and avoided this whole thing. But obviously I'm glad you didn't.Ok, review session time. Nice work today, everyone.
bkice, to be fair you have to recognize that the various subsections of fcp are their own little ecosystems. General Poker Forum is not for improving one's game, but some decent study does go on in the strategy forums.
Yes and no. At one point, General spent a lot of time dealing with incredibly important issues. But think about the the thread that either Hoosier or PMJ started about his hand in the main event. Sorry, forgot who it was.Tons of strategy and analysis in that thread.I think there is a mix of both in general.
I think this post exemplifies what led to the issues in this thread. Bkice and others in this thread take poker very seriously and use these forums as a cooperative environment to get better and to be a part of the online community, that is one side of the FCP spectrum which also has players like myself who take poker fairly seriously but also come on for some entertainment all the way down to people who solely come on the forums for entertainment. There are times when a friend who does'nt play poker will ask how I'm doing and if I tell him a recent result where I had a nice cash but was very disapointed I usually get the "hey you are making money playing a game and your not happy with that money". They do not see the time I put in studying, working on my game and struggling with failure, I know that I should just keep it simple and not get into it but I'm an honest guy and often make a mistake where I give to much information that they may take the wrong way or will not understand. It's not necessarily that it is jealousy but its just that the person on the other end of the convo is'nt always acustom to the repeated failure that tournament poker particularly involves. I know that no matter what if I get deep and lose particularly on a bad beat I will think about it for roughly a week and will be in a poor mood, as opposed to if I win my mood is usually good for the next few days.
Yes and no. At one point, General spent a lot of time dealing with incredibly important issues. But think about the the thread that either Hoosier or PMJ started about his hand in the main event. Sorry, forgot who it was.Tons of strategy and analysis in that thread.I think there is a mix of both in general.
Agreed -- the Making Bad Plays thread currently floating on the first page is a good example of a solid thread in General. I think my deeper point was really that I think we have plenty of room for all of the nonsense, the socializing, etc., as well as serious poker discussion, and over time those different aspects of poker life have separated themselves to some degree. The presence of one thing does not mean the absence of the other.