Bkice 1/4 In Sunday Mulligan On Ftp

actually, i would argue that on average, i was significantly unlucky for the first 8 or so months of the year, and this is just variance catching up to me. i've played 1350 tourneys so far this year online, this late run is just evening out for the earlier part of the year when i was struggling personally.you would probably improve exponentially as a poker player if you stopped thinking and talking about luck so much. it's really an illusion.
I are confused panda...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is 8, right?

Is that French for "tilt"?

Dude really? Life tilt? grow up

And...

Obviously brown poker players are treated differently than the white poker players. White poker players don't have to answer questions like "what is it like being a brown poker player?" Even when brown poker players do well, they are criticized by being told they could have made this play better or they got lucky here, etc. He isn't saying that Daniel Negreanu, Phil Hellmuth, Brian Townsend don't get criticized...they are all GREAT players. They just get criticized differently. Did BKiCE expect any backlash? Yeah, everything he says he expects a backlash. It's just reality. The Brown poker players just have to do a little bit extra. No matter the style of play or the comments afterwards, there is always going to be criticism.
OK, I know I've made fun of this thread and tried to generate chaos in it, but this is a very nice post. Maybe all those pages were worth it to get to this.And yes, I'm jealous of you, and your ability to have the time to put into becoming a great player. But I don't resent you for it, and don't resent your success. I hope (believe?) that someday my time and effort will add up to success like yours.GL, and I hope to see more success from you in the future.
Ditto.
Ok, I am not even going to try to explain anything about poker to you anymore. I am just wasting my time. You will not see the light. You are very narrow minded and think you are right when you have no idea.About my last comment in my previous post. Like I said, he is bein generous and he comes back to comment on those rail calls that someone else posted. He does not have to. He is not as into FCP as he once was but he is still generous enough to say something when there is a thread started about him. You might say, why do people post rail calls for him if he does not even frequent the forums?? Well, it is because a lot of people on this forum care about his successes.
So, speaking of ignorant...Re-read that bolded portion. I'm pretty sure you meant to use a different word than "generous". Perhaps something like "ego-driven" or "narcissistic".Let's not start making bkice into Jesus or anything. Even in a completely useless and frustrating argument as this, it's important to maintain some semblence of credibility.
I think this one has played itself out and is just going around and around in circles.
You think?
2) There are a ton of people on both sides of the fence that refuse to look at both sides, refuse to look at the argument logically, and generally have made this thread one of the worst in FCP's history. It needs to die quickly but somehow it'll get several more pages of the same spew until it runs out of steam. Unfortunately during this time period, many people will post more retardedness that will cause me to think less of them, which is fairly annoying because I'm at least on familiar terms with them, if not conversing with them daily.
actually, i would argue that on average, i was significantly unlucky for the first 8 or so months of the year, and this is just variance catching up to me. i've played 1350 tourneys so far this year online, this late run is just evening out for the earlier part of the year when i was struggling personally.you would probably improve exponentially as a poker player if you stopped thinking and talking about luck so much. it's really an illusion.
Lol @ variance catching up to you. Ya you deserved to get more lucky based on how bad you had been running, but there is obviously no such thing as variance catching up to you. Luck is luck; percentages do not change.
So, speaking of ignorant...Re-read that bolded portion. I'm pretty sure you meant to use a different word than "generous". Perhaps something like "ego-driven" or "narcissistic".Let's not start making bkice into Jesus or anything. Even in a completely useless and frustrating argument as this, it's important to maintain some semblence of credibility.You think?
You are probably right, generous was not the right word. I do not think it is ego-driven at all though. I just do not know what the right word is.

For ****s sake, just STOPPPPP. Seriously. Not gonna lie, I have not always been a big BK fan. Having said that, he has every right to be upset here. In fact, if he wasn't, he probably wouldn't be a great player to begin with. For those of you that have come on and said, "Well, poker is just a hobby for me, so 12k is a lot of money." Well, yes it is, but you also are not putting as much time or money into this as those of us that make a living from it. Just accept that for some people, "winning 12k" is a nice consolation, but can also be very frustrating. Chances at mid-5 figure scores don't come along often and long term success many times is determined by being able to close the deal when you get those chances. Definitely not in BK's case but for some players, it may actually determine if they are a winning player or a losing player for an entire year.No idea why this keeps going round and round. Beyond ridiculous.

You are probably right, generous was not the right word. I do not think it is ego-driven at all though. I just do not know what the right word is.
Stategerybush_nov_8_2006.jpg
lots of jibber jabber
Edit: since I finally realized how utterly pointless this is, I will just end it on the best terms possible for my side of the argument Relax, take a hit, make a million.

31 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)20 Members: JSHamm, ShakeZuma, mrdannyg,pele_br, Jeepster80125, speedz99, lvpro, Canuckickstan, msals11, checkymcfold, PMJackson21, Zippy Cootie, Mr. Sparco, yeffy, Jordan, Bizzle, no not baxter, aussiedonk, James D, sealsterpele_br, I'm curious as to your opinion on this matter, and moreso on Mr. Sparco's rebuttal.Yah seriously

PokerStars Game #12256108220: Tournament #62197207, $3.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2007/09/25 - 02:01:00 (ET)Table '62197207 1' 10-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: Hammer2121 (1465 in chips) Seat 2: IpaqUdrive (1528 in chips) Seat 4: DejaVuBrian (6490 in chips) Seat 5: perkonm (1929 in chips) Seat 7: Gentry3 (1490 in chips) Seat 8: kingrob313 (1093 in chips) Seat 10: IQCrash (1005 in chips) IQCrash: posts small blind 100Hammer2121: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to IQCrash [Ad Kd]IpaqUdrive: folds DejaVuBrian: folds perkonm: raises 400 to 600Gentry3: folds kingrob313: folds IQCrash: raises 405 to 1005 and is all-inHammer2121: folds perkonm: calls 405*** FLOP *** [6s 4s 7c]*** TURN *** [6s 4s 7c] [2c]*** RIVER *** [6s 4s 7c 2c] [6h]*** SHOW DOWN ***IQCrash: shows [Ad Kd] (a pair of Sixes)perkonm: shows [7d Ah] (two pair, Sevens and Sixes)IQCrash said, "sigh lifetilt"perkonm collected 2210 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2210 | Rake 0 Board [6s 4s 7c 2c 6h]Seat 1: Hammer2121 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: IpaqUdrive folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: DejaVuBrian folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: perkonm showed [7d Ah] and won (2210) with two pair, Sevens and SixesSeat 7: Gentry3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: kingrob313 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 10: IQCrash (small blind) showed [Ad Kd] and lost with a pair of Sixes

narcisstic? ego driven? why do you people who don't know me at all keep insisting on insulting me and questioning my character? and also, AK vs A7 is almost a 98/2 situation, nice post IQcrash.i mean, it might never stop, but i'm pretty sure i'll never be cool with sitting here and reading people who have no clue what they're talking about insult and denigrate my character.