most amazing cardtrick handsdown!

If you guys have ever seen a better cardtrick...let me know, i almost censored myself when i saw this...
It's pretty standard closeup magic. Way back in high school, I had a calculus teacher who was also a professional magician, and he specialized in those sorts of tricks - card tricks and other small audience illusions. If you want to know how it's done, a little googling should turn up tons of explanations. Or you can watch one of Penn and Teller's explanations of the principles of magic, and figure out how they're applied in this case.

The most amazing card trick I've ever seen is called "Out of this World". The magician has someone shuffle a deck, and it can be any deck the person chooses. Then they start placing cards in two piles, one they think is red, one they think is black. Half way or so through, the magician will tell them to switch which is red and which is black. At the end, the magician tells them to pick the cards up, and they are in the correct piles. This is all without the magician touching the cards. Craziest thing I've ever seen, I have no clue how it is done. If someone has any idea. Please post.BTW: Been lurking for a long time, finally decided to post. 8)

The recommended books are good, although I disagree with you regarding Michael Ammar. He's won the World Close Up Magic Championship enough to convince me he's more than a hack. This trick is fairly standard amongst close up magican's; it involves lifts, counts and other common card manipulations. If you are really intrigued enough to buy the aformentioned books, be prepared, they are old and difficult to follow. They are more for the serious card manipulator then for those with a passing interest.

I have to agree with doonut Blaine is a hack. I am actually in the street magic footage from his block of Ice thing. I've seen a lot of close-up magic and he's really clumsy when you're standing next to him. My buddy also works for ABC and the whole ice block thing was crap. Ice is an excellent insulator and the air supply going into the block was heated, it was in the 60's or above the whole time in there. He actually took off his shirt at some point to cool off! The only trick was that he stood up for as long as he did. The best part of the whole deal was apparently one night a PA was shop-vac'ing up the water from the ice melt and accidentally sucked up the catheter that was attached to Blaine. Apparently you could hear the scream all the way through the ice!Another guy to check out is Ricky Jay. If you think Ferguson can throw cards try Jay's work. I'm pretty sure Jesus learned his card throwing from Ricky Jay's "Cards as Weapons" This guy can pierce a watermelon with a card from fifty feet. He can also boomerang cards like nobody's business. I actually have seen him sit in a chair with a hat on the floor about 30'-40' in front of him toss the cards and land every card in a deck into the hat. He does some other good close up stuff as well. I was called out of the audience at one of his shows and he did a trick with 5 card poker hands. Each time he would deal 2 hands one for me and one for him. Each time his beat mine. I would have J hi and he would have a straight or flush or boat or something. Each time he did this he gave me more and more control of the deck (ie: I shuffle he cuts and deals, then next I cut and shuffle and he deals) Each time the more control of the deck I had the better his hand was. Finally he hands me the deck has me shuffle, cut, and deal out two 5 card hands. Then I get to pick which is mine and which is his. He never touched the deck, I turned the hands up. The hand I dealt for myself....complete rags. The hand I dealt for him...Royal Flush. So it was like a typical night of cards for me. :club:

it's a good trick, but fairly simple, just uses a few fairly simple slights... the presentation is phenomenal though. I've got a couple better ones. It thinks someone already explained the trick... good magic is great though... great for pickin' up girls :club:

This is going to seem rather negative, but I had to make an account and quit lurking, since magic has been one of my hobbies for a number of years.Honestly, the kid in this video is mediocre at best, and the trick he performs  is subpar.  David Blaine is also pretty low quality as far as "big name" magicians go.  He has no sense of theatrics...the reason people like him is because he had the brilliant idea (no sarcasm) of taping people's reactions to his tricks and selling them to the public that way.  He really isn't anything special though, and his tricks are old standards.Now, if you actually want to get into magic, don't use Ammar.  He sucks.  His "easy to master card miracles" are, in fact, some of the best card tricks ever invented, performed poorly and presented as easy when, in fact, they are quite difficult.  In fact, my friend (and mentor) says his name is an acronym for Another Magicians Magic and Routine.  Your best bet is to go to your local library and pick up some books.  My recommendations:Royal Road to Card Magic - Jean Hugard (I believe...this is one I don't actually own myself)Inner Secrets of Card Magic, vol. 1, 2, and 3 - Dai VernonThe Art of Astonishment, vol. 1, 2, and 3 - Paul Harris (this one is kinda goofy...stick with the first two for classics)As for video of remarkable magicians...try and find footage of Dai Vernon.  He was, without a doubt, the greatest closeup magician in history.  He died in 1992 and didn't get put on film much, but if you can find footage, it'll knock your socks off.  And, by the way, if you do find some footage, let me know where you found it.   :wink:  So anyway, that's my little rant.  Feel free to contact me if you actually have questions about getting started in magic, and don't take offense to my judgements about Blaine and this kid and Ammar.  They just happen to be a few pet peeves of mine.Enjoy the tricks, though, and keep being amazed.
As a beginnner I studied those tapes Michael Ammar made. It was very helpful in everyway for me as a beginner. Then when I became to my intermediate stage I started lookin at books like royal road and the ones you recommended above. Everything is good to loook at, to me Michael Ammar is great, his tapes level from easy to hard. And yes there are prereqs for some advance moves in his later tapes but they are all covered from the prior ones.But yea, I must agree with you that David Blaine and Antonio are overrated with Magic Tricks. A real good upclose magician would be Copperfield. He's a master of our time in that art. However, he why do uplose when you get paid a gazillion dollars doing stage :club:
The most amazing card trick I've ever seen is called "Out of this World".  The magician has someone shuffle a deck, and it can be any deck the person chooses. Then they start placing cards in two piles, one they think is red, one they think is black. Half way or so through, the magician will tell them to switch which is red and which is black. At the end, the magician tells them to pick the cards up, and they are in the correct piles. This is all without the magician touching the cards.  Craziest thing I've ever seen, I have no clue how it is done. If someone has any idea. Please post.BTW: Been lurking for a long time, finally decided to post. 8)
I used to do this trick. I found it in a book of tricks I used to own.I hold the deck in front of me, fanned out so I can see them, and the other person can't. I then put down two cards on the table, face up. One black, the other red.I then go through and start grabbing cards of the same colour. So for example, I grab a red card, and ask if they think this one is red, or black. I then put it on top (not really on top, but maybe 3/4ths on top, so you can still see the orignial card's colour, and the cards that he's guessing form an overlapping line towards him) of the colour that the person picked, face down. I keep grabbing red cards, and putting them on top of the colour that the other person keeps guessing, red, black, black, red... even though they are all reds.I then tell him to switch it up, and place a red card, face up, on the pile that used to contain the black cards, and put a black card, face up, on the pile that used to contain red cards. I then start taking only black cards, and placing them on either pile, whichever the person guesses. So after maybe 15-20 cards guessed in total, I show him the trick.Now, one stack is going to be correct, the one pile where you had a RED card face up, and were pulling red cards in the beginning, then switched to a BLACK card, face up, and continued to put black cards down. This pile is correct, so turn it over to reveal it.The other pile, however is opposite. Where you had a red black card face up, the cards are all red, and where you had a red card face up, the cards are all black.So here you have to take the whole stack, together in one pile, keeping them in order, and turn them upside down, and fan them out again towards him. Now the red cards will be on the lower end, towards him, where they should be, and the black cards will be on top, where they should be. The cards you had face up, will now be face down, so he wont know that they were, in fact, opposite.A lot easier then it sounds. Pretty good trick too.