most amazing cardtrick handsdown!

I know how he did it (I'm a sucker for investigating these things)...SPOILER:1) He only has 4 cards. They are 2-Hearts, 10-Spades, K-Diamonds, K-Clubs.2) When he first shuffles, the duece actually ends up 2nd to top (not top like he says) -- that's how he can take 1 card from the top and the duece still appears at the top.3) After inserts the duece card 3rd to the bottom, he shows you that the duece is now on top but it's still 3rd to the bottom -- he's just very good at flipping 3 cards and pretending he's flipping just 1.4) He puts a card down on the table, so now the duece is second from the top. He flips 2 cards now to show you the duece, but pretends he's flipping just 1.5) He puts the top card to the bottom, and now the duece really is on top. He shows it to you.6) Now he pretends to put the duece to the bottom, but he's really putting 2 cards to the bottom, so the duece is in the middle.7) He flips 2 cards again to show the duece on top.8) He then puts a card down and the duece is naturally on top. He shows it to you.9) He then says "you think that all 4 cards are all the same cards", at this point duece is at the bottom and 10-Spades is third to bottom.10) He does more slight of hand and misdirection to get you to think the 10-Spades is everywhere, but it's still third to bottom. Notice when he tries to pretend the 10 is at the bottom, he does a nice 'flip' slight of hand.11) When he says 'all 4 cards are 10 of spades', all he's doing is putting the 10 from the bottom to the top.12) Now, from top to bottom, it's 10, 2, KD, KC.13) He pulls out the middle two cards and flips it up to show the KD. He puts it back to the pile, so that the top card is reallt the duece and KD is just under it.14) He puts the duece on the table and shows you the 'second king', but the 10 is hidden behind it.15) He puts the cards back so that 10 is on top.16) He puts the top card on the table and shows the final two kings. Voila!

If you guys want to learn those tricks, I recommend gettin a video by MICHAEL AMMAR. THat specific trick requires many different sleight of hand techniques. It takes time to learn, ALOT OF TIME. BUT TO BE HONESTThese tricks are old, they've been done too many times. Even When david blaine made the street magic stuff, it was still old news in the "magician's world".But the world can still have fun not knowin how it works. Many of you will be surprised. There are so many techniques and when you put them all together you'll master magic. Just masterin the techniques you can come up with your own. MICHAL AMMAR - Easy to Master Card Miracles.If you buy the first video, you'll get hoooked. Just like poker, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

my link doesn't work yet because the site isn't finished and I havent purchased web hosting yet...i have the domain name for sure though...the site should be up in a week or two...make sure yall check it out!!! :-)

I know how he did it (I'm a sucker for investigating these things)...SPOILER:1) He only has 4 cards. They are 2-Hearts, 10-Spades, K-Diamonds, K-Clubs.2) When he first shuffles, the duece actually ends up 2nd to top (not top like he says) -- that's how he can take 1 card from the top and the duece still appears at the top.3) After inserts the duece card 3rd to the bottom, he shows you that the duece is now on top but it's still 3rd to the bottom -- he's just very good at flipping 3 cards and pretending he's flipping just 1.4) He puts a card down on the table, so now the duece is second from the top. He flips 2 cards now to show you the duece, but pretends he's flipping just 1.5) He puts the top card to the bottom, and now the duece really is on top. He shows it to you.6) Now he pretends to put the duece to the bottom, but he's really putting 2 cards to the bottom, so the duece is in the middle.7) He flips 2 cards again to show the duece on top.8) He then puts a card down and the duece is naturally on top. He shows it to you.9) He then says "you think that all 4 cards are all the same cards", at this point duece is at the bottom and 10-Spades is third to bottom.10) He does more slight of hand and misdirection to get you to think the 10-Spades is everywhere, but it's still third to bottom. Notice when he tries to pretend the 10 is at the bottom, he does a nice 'flip' slight of hand.11) When he says 'all 4 cards are 10 of spades', all he's doing is putting the 10 from the bottom to the top.12) Now, from top to bottom, it's 10, 2, KD, KC.13) He pulls out the middle two cards and flips it up to show the KD. He puts it back to the pile, so that the top card is reallt the duece and KD is just under it.14) He puts the duece on the table and shows you the 'second king', but the 10 is hidden behind it.15) He puts the cards back so that 10 is on top.16) He puts the top card on the table and shows the final two kings. Voila!
Damn bro i posted this like 30 minutes ago or something...what are you like a genious? nice quote by the way...luck? im not buying it :club:
I know it goes under the sleeve somewhere but, I CANNOT SEE IT!http://www.big-boys.com/articles/coolcardtrick.htmlAre you kidding me. The answer to this trick is obvious. When he serves the top card to his right hand with his thumb, he simply slides it back to the top of the deck. But your eyes are distracted by his right hand where you expect to see a card being layed on the table.
I know it goes under the sleeve somewhere but, I CANNOT SEE IT!http://www.big-boys.com/articles/coolcardtrick.htmlAre you kidding me. The answer to this trick is obvious. When he serves the top card to his right hand with his thumb, he simply slides it back to the top of the deck. But your eyes are distracted by his right hand where you expect to see a card being layed on the table.
If that's all he's doing. then wouldn't the stack in his hand remain the same size? He runs out of cards eventually

They are called "double lifts" and "triple lifts" where he picks up two or three cards at a time but you think it's only one... David Blaine does them in 85% of his card magic tricks, they are hard to do at first but once you can do it well there is a cornucopia of cool tricks you can do with it... take a deck of cards and watch the way he flips them, try and grab the two cards by the side using the creases from your knuckles closest to your fingertips... after a while you'll be able to grab two cards and make it look like you're just flipping one... same with a triple lift, but it's much harder.notice when he is showing that the two of hearts is on top all the time... right before he says "you'd think all four cards are the same"... he shows you the two and places it on the table, but he never shows you the bottom card, he's been doing the lift trick the whole time and he can't show you the bottom card because it is a king.also, when he's showing you that all four cards are the ten of spades, he doesn't flip the last one like he flips the rest of them, he flips the second to bottom card out of his hand, but with some sleight of hand he makes it look like the bottom one... cuz he was doing first, a triple, then a double, then the natural third card... and he can't show you the bottom one... aalso when he's done flipping all of them, after he does the lift trick more, he keeps pulling the same card out of the pack of four, you can hear the snapping as he's pulling the same card away from the others...and at the end, the four kings are both diamonds and clubs, not all four suits, because they've been in there the whole time.... someone posted a great step by step to show it's done, but there are little things like that that you could easily notice if looking for them... lots of hints here and there that you can spot to tell the way it done.

This is going to seem rather negative, but I had to make an account and quit lurking, since magic has been one of my hobbies for a number of years.Honestly, the kid in this video is mediocre at best, and the trick he performs is subpar. David Blaine is also pretty low quality as far as "big name" magicians go. He has no sense of theatrics...the reason people like him is because he had the brilliant idea (no sarcasm) of taping people's reactions to his tricks and selling them to the public that way. He really isn't anything special though, and his tricks are old standards.Now, if you actually want to get into magic, don't use Ammar. He sucks. His "easy to master card miracles" are, in fact, some of the best card tricks ever invented, performed poorly and presented as easy when, in fact, they are quite difficult. In fact, my friend (and mentor) says his name is an acronym for Another Magicians Magic and Routine. Your best bet is to go to your local library and pick up some books. My recommendations:Royal Road to Card Magic - Jean Hugard (I believe...this is one I don't actually own myself)Inner Secrets of Card Magic, vol. 1, 2, and 3 - Dai VernonThe Art of Astonishment, vol. 1, 2, and 3 - Paul Harris (this one is kinda goofy...stick with the first two for classics)As for video of remarkable magicians...try and find footage of Dai Vernon. He was, without a doubt, the greatest closeup magician in history. He died in 1992 and didn't get put on film much, but if you can find footage, it'll knock your socks off. And, by the way, if you do find some footage, let me know where you found it. :wink: So anyway, that's my little rant. Feel free to contact me if you actually have questions about getting started in magic, and don't take offense to my judgements about Blaine and this kid and Ammar. They just happen to be a few pet peeves of mine.Enjoy the tricks, though, and keep being amazed.

While I was waiting to get into the final table at bellagio on sunday Antonio Esfandari came in and did some tricks for the peaople waiting. He did some crazy david blaine like things. Honestly I think he works more on his magic tahn on his poker game.

Has anyone metioned the tricks from Shade? Their official site is down that had the extra clips of the real mechanic for the movie. Pretty impressive stuff. Anyone know where those clips are now?For those that don't know the movie, they show the tricks from under a glass table, makes the guy from the OP look like a chump.

Agreed. The stuff in the opening credits for Shade are amazing and well filmed. I've seen a lot better than this video - I'm no magician - but have friends who are serious hobbyists or are pros. Looks like we have some on FCP too - thanks to all of you guys that have posted extensively... Check out Shade. The movie is so-so and a travesty to poker... but that opening scene is definitely something to talk about.

I know it goes under the sleeve somewhere but, I CANNOT SEE IT!http://www.big-boys.com/articles/coolcardtrick.html
Watch his right hand as he's pretending to deal the card down to the table, you will see the bottom fingers are very close together. Right towards the end, you can tell he's holding the cards behind his hand and then he slides his hand towards the end of the table before he shows an empty hand. Check it out.