Are There Any Poker Rooms In Iran ?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait two things.A) He reached the final table at the 2005 World Series of Poker main event, where he verbally sparred with another player, Mike Matusow.Not true.B) He was born in Iran but came to the United States when he was 9, according to court documents.So is this molestation of a child charge domestic or when he visited there? Cause obviously he wouldn't be deported. I answered my own question.I realize now that he isn't a citizen.

Well, what he did is pretty awful (although they don't go into specifics of the original case, so we don't know exactly what happened), but it's pretty weird that they waited 12 years to deport him. He served his sentence and hasn't repeated his offense in a significant period of time, so I say he should be allowed to stay.

I hate this crap...

he also is considering "revisiting the California case based on constitutional issues, including ineffective counsel."
It wasn't MY fault, I just had a bad lawyer.Sorry Bro, hope you enjoy the plane ride.
Well, what he did is pretty awful (although they don't go into specifics of the original case, so we don't know exactly what happened), but it's pretty weird that they waited 12 years to deport him. He served his sentence and hasn't repeated his offense in a significant period of time, so I say he should be allowed to stay.
This was my thoughts as well. I don't agree with what he did and maybe they should have deported him 12 years ago, but why now? Is there more here than they are telling us? If so, deport him, if not let him be.

I wonder if they started looking at his record after his recent driving issues. Didn't he accidentally kill an old lady with his car? Now homeland security is looking at him because of nationality maybe? Any one else think this? Just a reason to get rid of Iranians before we decide to go to war with them, possibly?

I wonder if they started looking at his record after his recent driving issues. Didn't he accidentally kill an old lady with his car?
Did this really happen? I saw a news story online (from 1999)....A Mercedes, driven by Las Vegan Shahram Sheikhan, 29, was traveling at speeds too fast for the slick road conditions on Buffalo Drive just north of Charleston Boulevard, Metro Police said.The Mercedes slid across the raised center median of southbound Buffalo and struck a Lincoln traveling in the northbound lanes, police said.The female passenger, 91-year-old Dorathy Ohriner of Las Vegas, died at the scene, the Clark County Coroner's office said today. The Lincoln was driven by Neil Ohriner, 66, also of Las Vegas, police said.Sheikhan and Mr. Ohriner were taken to University Medical Center with moderate injuries.I remember a thread about it too

that is sad, the guy is married with a daughter (8-9 years old)I guess his wife and daughter can stay here to run the businesses....send him money through western union and he can start playing online from his newly bough mansion in Iran.

I guess his wife and daughter can stay here to run the businesses....send him money through western union and he can start playing online from his newly bough mansion in Iran.
For some reason, I don't think a thoroughly Americanized poker-playing sex offender is going to do too well in Islamic Iran
I wonder if they started looking at his record after his recent driving issues. Didn't he accidentally kill an old lady with his car? Now homeland security is looking at him because of nationality maybe? Any one else think this? Just a reason to get rid of Iranians before we decide to go to war with them, possibly?
Yeah. Just a big conspiracy against Iranians before the big war.There are what perhaps half a millon Iranians in the US? And deporting one child molester is .0002% of them....yeah, clearly a conspiracy to rid the country of Iranians....I hear Catherine Bell is next
For some reason, I don't think a thoroughly Americanized poker-playing sex offender is going to do too well in Islamic Iran
:club::D:D Bottom line though is it is time him to go...enjoy the sand.He had plenty of time to become a citizen and for whatever reason chose not to. If you are a guest...freakin act like it. That does not include banging some teenager in a club (assuming that is the case) and that would be best case, it is all down hill from there.Do I feel a little bad for him, yea and for his family but these are the times we live in. Canada won't let in visitors with a DUI on the record from many years before. I know a guy who got nailed for insurance fraud and wasn't allowed in either...why should get to stay here?
pretty sickbut looking at sean sheikhan id assume this isnt as bad as it sounds (making him out to be some sort of pedophile) and is probably some underage girl in a club?i could be wrong, but i hope im not.
I think your right. If it was a "proper" case of pedophilia (e.g. raping little boys coz your sickly perverted, not having sex with a 16 yr old girl that you met at a party) I'm sure he would have been deported alot sooner - and if it was really bad, then that raises a whole other can of worms with regards to the crap legal/deporatation/courts system.
Yeah. Just a big conspiracy against Iranians before the big war.There are what perhaps half a millon Iranians in the US? And deporting one child molester is .0002% of them....yeah, clearly a conspiracy to rid the country of Iranians....I hear Catherine Bell is next
She can stay at my house!!!!

There is obviously missing information to this story. Did he molest a 7 year old girl or did he sleep with a 17 year old whose parents just happen to be xenophobic? I am not condoning sleeping with underage people, but there is a huge difference.Also, there is NO WAY the US would deport him simply based on this offense from 12 years ago and no issues since then. This is a shotty news story and the reason so many American's are dis-informed. Let's tell the part of the story that makes people go "wow" and "sick" and leave out the pertinent details that might actually make this story news worthy.

Canada won't let in visitors with a DUI on the record from many years before. I know a guy who got nailed for insurance fraud and wasn't allowed in either...why should get to stay here?
Yeh, foreign travel with an F tag is getting to be a serious bitch (I have one- I know)Used to be you just passport'ed in and lied about it. Canada never even ran checks. Now, the interpol checks are getting a lot testier.Still, Matusow and Sheikhan are both felons and traveled extensively, so I guess if you're a poker player traveling for a tourney, you can get Visa waivers.
I think your right. If it was a "proper" case of pedophilia (e.g. raping little boys coz your sickly perverted, not having sex with a 16 yr old girl that you met at a party) I'm sure he would have been deported alot sooner - and if it was really bad, then that raises a whole other can of worms with regards to the crap legal/deporatation/courts system.
Since he actually did 9 months in the can, it seems that it may have been reasonably serious - but that is just speculation. Be interesting to know the facts as we bash the guy.
Also, there is NO WAY the US would deport him simply based on this offense from 12 years ago and no issues since then.
LOL.A guy at my club was indicted 4 1/2 years after his (technical) offense (which had a 5 year stat limit).They didn't even have the balls to bring charges. They took is straight to a GJ because they knew no prosecutor would take it.I'd wager that if Sheikhan was Dutch rather than Iranian, he wouldn't have "blipped" on the radar- nevertheless, they're within their rights to do it.
:club::D:D Bottom line though is it is time him to go...enjoy the sand.He had plenty of time to become a citizen and for whatever reason chose not to. If you are a guest...freakin act like it. That does not include banging some teenager in a club (assuming that is the case) and that would be best case, it is all down hill from there.Do I feel a little bad for him, yea and for his family but these are the times we live in. Canada won't let in visitors with a DUI on the record from many years before. I know a guy who got nailed for insurance fraud and wasn't allowed in either...why should get to stay here?
Sheikhan, a 38-year-old legal permanent U.S. resident, declined to comment through his lawyer, David Chesnoff, on Tuesday. But Chesnoff said Sheikhan is fighting deportation.He has been a legal permanent U.S. resident since 1983, is married to a U.S. citizen and has a 9-year-old daughter.

Is "legal, permanent US resident" the same as "US Citizen", or is it just a term for a certain kind of visa?Any immigration experts here?I kinda agree- if he never bothered to take the time to get his citizenship, then this is an example of consequences for that decision. If he were a citizen, then I'm pretty sure that deportation wouldn't even be on the table.