Rull ring game on button. My first question is should I have flat-called turn here? And 2nd question, even though both did check on very dangerous river card, is it a standard b-c here? Or is checking good since it seemed that one or both could've been chasing?I don't think I played this hand all too well.PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is CO with Q :) , A :club: . 6 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: (6 SB) 7 :D , Q :D , Q :D(3 players)SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls.Turn: (6 BB) J :)(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB raises, Hero calls, SB calls.River: (12 BB) 6 :D(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.Final Pot: 12 BBNow that I think about it...I do think that 3-betting turn should've been the right move since it would've given me more info on the c-r depending on if he called or raised. GAH. But the 2nd part of the question still stands.

it's important when reading hands to consider how strong another palyer would perceive his hand based on the information and the board.You raised pf from LP, and rasied the flop.You almost never have a Q here.The number of hands he has that you beat far outnumber those that beat youTurn is automatic 3-bet.SB seems to concerned about a possible boat to bet his flush, or he's looknig to c/rAnother possiblity is he's called down with 88... who knows.Lets say you will call any river raise, and SB will raise any time he beats you, and BB will call as well. Assume SB folds when you bet and he is behind, but BB call alwaysYou win 1 BB when ahead, and lose 2 win behindAs much as I hate to say it, this seems like a b/f time.Could SB c/r a worse hand here, than trips ?I'm trying to get beyond the always "Call assume at least 10% chance of bluff"I would not want to do that (b/f) against an unknown.The fact you have the Ad, and Qd on board..really makes me want to know SB style. Kd-Jd/9d ?But without the Ad it lowers the chance of flushIn real life, I check behind. Close 2nd, I bet-call, hating my stupid self (but winning the pot occassionally, affirming why we b/c)If BB calls the c/r, I might fold more likely, just because I can see SD (I know, stupid reason..but its a "close fold" anyway, probably)I'd call a c/r from BB.

I go for a call on the flop; then raising there after I think that the river was to passive and even getting into a raise would be okay in the L/R. Do you really believe they are check raising? If they call with two queens on board they maybe are just hopeing and have nothing.

Do not flat call the turn. You are most often still ahead in this hand you need to ensure you charge the SB to draw to a flush.For the river........?... Without reads it is tough. The BB would have to have a good read on you to check the river if he had you beat. The small blind, if having the flush may try to check raise the river or may be content with a a cheap showdown(if having a low flush).Without reads, I think I bet/fold since I did not get the 3 bet in on turn and may be able to get a weak flush to fold(this may be a pipe dream). I think if I had 3 bet the turn, I would definitely just take the free showdown if both villains called.

• 3 weeks later...