Comment About Wsop Europe

So yesterday I was having lunch with one of my friends/fellow poker buddy and was telling him about the WSOP in Europe. Then he says, "I don't get why they have that, though." I thought about it for 10 seconds and realized what he meant. It never occured to me because to me WSOP was always just a name and the Europe would be like a separate but related entity. But if you think about it, WSOP stands for WORLD Series of Poker. So, that would mean people come from all over the world to participate in it. So, now I'm thinking along that same lines as him. It is kinda redundant, isn't it?

I am not saying that the WSOPE has the same notoriety as winning a WSOP bracelet here. However, I do like the fact that people 18-21 can participate in the event. Although it may be a small chunk, some of the best players in the world fall in that age bracket. Just my 2 cents.

So yesterday I was having lunch with one of my friends/fellow poker buddy and was telling him about the WSOP in Europe. Then he says, "I don't get why they have that, though." I thought about it for 10 seconds and realized what he meant. It never occured to me because to me WSOP was always just a name and the Europe would be like a separate but related entity. But if you think about it, WSOP stands for WORLD Series of Poker. So, that would mean people come from all over the world to participate in it. So, now I'm thinking along that same lines as him. It is kinda redundant, isn't it?
Europeans are always getting upset cause we forget they exist when we call our local things World Championships, so they have to show that their part of the world too.We sent an 18 year old girl to win the whole thing.It's kind of rude, but that's what we do best.
Europeans are always getting upset cause we forget they exist when we call our local things World Championships, so they have to show that their part of the world too.We sent an 18 year old girl to win the whole thing.It's kind of rude, but that's what we do best.
er... the 18 yr old is theirs.
I wish someone would tell people that London didn't exist.Too crowded!
Not yet.
Yea, she's got money. First thing them Nrowegians do is move to America when they get a few bucks.Otherwise she is subject to a 66% tax on her income. Thank you Norway
How many European (or non-American) teams compete in the World Series of Baseball?
1, but they have no chance of ever making the World Series.But, the World Series of Poker is a "World" Series. An Aussie won it, plenty of foreigners participate. The WSOPE should just be called a circuit event. Either way, I do think it's just as much a World Series event as anything held over here.
How many European (or non-American) teams compete in the World Series of Baseball?
One. And they won it twice!!! But....."The World" Series that is played as the Championship event for Major League Baseball in the United States is not meant to encompass the entire world or even the best players in the world....."The World" was the name of a newspaper that sponsored the championship event and paid for the trophy. The championship event was then named after the newspaper. Hence, "The World" Series.
One. And they won it twice!!! But....."The World" Series that is played as the Championship event for Major League Baseball in the United States is not meant to encompass the entire world or even the best players in the world....."The World" was the name of a newspaper that sponsored the championship event and paid for the trophy. The championship event was then named after the newspaper. Hence, "The World" Series.
Ummmm......not so much.Urban Legend:http://www.snopes.com/business/names/worldseries.asp...and I still consider The Nationals to be Montreal's team.
The Bait
er... the 18 yr old is theirs.
The snare
Annette's not American?Than Matusow was right
The catch
Ummmm......not so much.Urban Legend:http://www.snopes.com/business/names/worldseries.asp...and I still consider The Nationals to be Montreal's team.
:club:
There isn't an open invitation to all pros and amateurs alike in the World Series of baseball last time I checked ...
MLB and Poker are are pretty bad comparison. Anyone over 21, from anywhere in the world, can play in the WSOP ME. Not everyone can play in the MLB World Series.
I wish someone had said that earlier ...
I wish I had the patience to read the entire thread so that I didn't repeat things that other intelligent posters already had said. I suck.
Eh. 4 minutes difference and I'm feeling ornery today. *hugs*