Loose Call Down?

Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $5/$109 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with :D:)6 folds, Button raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, Button calls.Flop: :D:):D (6.6SB, 2 players)Hero bets, Button calls.Turn: :D (4.3BB, 2 players)Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.River: :club: (8.3BB, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: 10.3BBVillain is 22/7/1.3 over 199. Haven't noticed anything from him.How big of a spew is this? Or can I fold here?Or, since it's btn vs blind, can I call down a decent bluff card?

Here I go with my "amazing LHE analysis".FR I think we can get away from this. I'd give the villain KQ-KT, but it's pretty wide open because he could be raising any button... Any reads on if he steals/normally raises from LP?

You don't think he might have a medium pair and be making this move?? I mean...with the second K he thinks it is that much more likely that you don't have a king......so he thinks a hand like 88 is good.....or that you are betting with nothing and is trying to get you too fold......I think I would have to call this one down..if he made trips on you he made trips on you, but I certainly don't think he has to have a K to make this play. I think 66 - TT make this play from the button possibly......as well as a hand like AQ-A9 if he thinks you are weak....enough doubt to warrant a call down I think, barring any particular reads.

You see, I'm not agreeing with the reraise from the hot drop blind with Js. You need to hit that flop or you outtie there. Wit the online, you going to have chasers all day all night... like gold miners in moonlight. Take those Js and come strong, find where you are. K on flop, pause, check. see what he does, Now this is where you need your reads. Grandpa be rolling with KQ preflop and now look, you're drawing to two outs, Wait, see how much he bets and play it like Uncle Tim laying out that wholesale carpeting. Low and slow, stretch it out. You got past the hard part now that 2nd King is either a killer or a saviour. By now if you don't know then go back to the kiddie games. This is aint the time to be guessing. You got to sho winners or no one respecks you.

see how much he bets and play it like Uncle Tim laying out that wholesale carpeting.
See how much he bets? This is limit, I can guess how much he will bet, unless you are talking about sheer number of bets.Your uncle Tim is in the carpeting business too,huh?
Well, I called down, didn't I?To be honest, I think this villain is too passive to do this against. I should be folding, I think.
I figured you called down.. I think I would have to but I'm not a big fan of the play. Just one of my leaks :club:

I see KQ-KT here most often. On not too draw heavy a board given the action, he may well have just wanted to see what you did as the aggressor on the flop. The K coming, helps him and confuses you. Having said that. If we take Koop's logic into account(very valid line for villain), I think we are at approx. a dead heat(Little more to the behind stat if you do not think he would cap QQ pre. I think slim to none in a but vs blind hand. In any case, the pot says to call if you feel on the fence with this one). That would tell me your line is fine. This is only without a read. If buttons stealing range is greater, you have to throw in some King rags to the mix which lean to folding. Then on the other end, knowing if he bluffs may balance things out or lean to folding.I say your line is fine for the non-read but expect to cuss when he turns the K. Cuss louder if he hit his FH on river.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya, I agree with ya vs about 98% of my opponents.This guy I think I could have found a fold against and have it be marginally +EV, or =EV, but I don't think it'd be a huge leak to call down. I probably have a better read now though, than I did at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

if i'm sure i want to show this down, i actually c/c the turn and river about 25% of the time if the villain is aggressive. i also c/r/f the turn about 25% of the time, but that's mostly for hands in the future when i might want a free card from oop.my standard line would be what you did, though.