Uh.............go Packers!

I have no comment on the route, because it's impossible for us to know what was called in the huddle, but what I know with near certainty is that Warner would have hit him in stride in the same situation. Rodgers had a nice pocket and was able to step forward, Warner proved all game long, hell, all career long, that that is all he needs.
It doesn't matter what was called in the huddle. According to the "expert," the QB is supposed to lead him away from the DB. I think most routes in the NFL are based on defensive reads and the QB and WR need to be in sync. In this case, the WR didn't read the defense correctly. This is all speculation on my part, based on what I've read and heard about QB's in general.Also, on the TD throw by Warner to Fitzgerald where Fitz made the one-handed grab, Warner was trying to throw the ball away, but didn't put it where he wanted because he got hit.(Don't read anything into that last comment other than an interesting little factoid. I'm a big Warner fan too.)
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter what was called in the huddle. According to the "expert," the QB is supposed to lead him away from the DB. I think most routes in the NFL are based on defensive reads and the QB and WR need to be in sync. In this case, the WR didn't read the defense correctly. This is all speculation on my part, based on what I've read and heard about QB's in general.Also, on the TD throw by Warner to Fitzgerald where Fitz made the one-handed grab, Warner was trying to throw the ball away, but didn't put it where he wanted because he got hit.(Don't read anything into that last comment other than an interesting little factoid. I'm a big Warner fan too.)
I won't read anything into it, but it is interesting that Warner still put it where only Fitz had a shot.... even if he didn't expect him to catch it.
  • 2 months later...

Never saw fcp had a Football forum but obv I'm a huge Packers fan! I was at the playoff game in AZ. What a crazy game. Such an ugly ending. My friend and I were 2 rows right behind Kurt Warner's wife in the players family section. She told us to shush up and she and Racker's wife were taunting us when AZ scored a few times. It was pretty funny.

Never saw fcp had a Football forum but obv I'm a huge Packers fan! I was at the playoff game in AZ. What a crazy game. Such an ugly ending. My friend and I were 2 rows right behind Kurt Warner's wife in the players family section. She told us to shush up and she and Racker's wife were taunting us when AZ scored a few times. It was pretty funny.
brenda-warner.jpgYea I wouldnt mess with Brenda warner
  • 1 month later...
Yeah, I just don't agree with that. He's good, so we're just nitpicking, but if I had to choose QB's to lead my team in the playoffs THIS YEAR, this is how I would rank them.1. Manning2. Warner3. Brees4. Brady5. Rivers6. Rodgers7. Romo
I see a couple flaws with your list. Tom Brady deserves to be higher on the list. Although I dont like him as a QB he is a super bowl champ. He is like Manning and can make his WRs look better then they really are. Brady is a proven winner not taking away anything from the other QBs. Also Id put Rodgers ahead of Rivers. I may be bias by saying that, but I think Rodgers leads a team better then Rivers and Rivers has yet to prove he really belongs. He has put up big numbers in the reg. season but hasnt shown much in the post season. Not that Rodgers has either, but I think with more opportunity I think Rodgers is better then Rivers.
I see a couple flaws with your list. Tom Brady deserves to be higher on the list. Although I dont like him as a QB he is a super bowl champ. He is like Manning and can make his WRs look better then they really are. Brady is a proven winner not taking away anything from the other QBs. Also Id put Rodgers ahead of Rivers. I may be bias by saying that, but I think Rodgers leads a team better then Rivers and Rivers has yet to prove he really belongs. He has put up big numbers in the reg. season but hasnt shown much in the post season. Not that Rodgers has either, but I think with more opportunity I think Rodgers is better then Rivers.
so....When the sample size is big (i.e. the entire season) then Rivers is great. But when the sample size is 1 game then he hasn't won so that means he doesn't belong?oh.

He said Rivers is good in the regular season, not that he's better than Rodgers. Speaking of that, Rodgers is better.He's come into the league sitting behind Favre for a few years and the guy is a MONSTER. Players on opposing defenses have said they'd rather face any other QB than Rodgers. He can put a ball in anyone's hands all over the field. He has shown he can lead a team and he's still very young. He's putting up numbers that no one could touch and he's done it while still having a small flaw (Holding onto the ball too long, easily correctable) but also, that didn't help having one of the WORST O-lines in the game. Give this guy a solid line like every other QB and he is probably easily a Top 3 QB in the league. With the addition of Bulaga and Quarless in the draft.. I'm serious about this, the Packers have a legitimate shot at a perfect season. They are likely the team to beat in the NFC. The entire defense is back from last year and the offense has only gotten better. Especially because of the Brewers... I cannot wait for football season.

• 1 month later...
He said Rivers is good in the regular season, not that he's better than Rodgers. Speaking of that, Rodgers is better.He's come into the league sitting behind Favre for a few years and the guy is a MONSTER. Players on opposing defenses have said they'd rather face any other QB than Rodgers. He can put a ball in anyone's hands all over the field. He has shown he can lead a team and he's still very young. He's putting up numbers that no one could touch and he's done it while still having a small flaw (Holding onto the ball too long, easily correctable) but also, that didn't help having one of the WORST O-lines in the game. Give this guy a solid line like every other QB and he is probably easily a Top 3 QB in the league. With the addition of Bulaga and Quarless in the draft.. I'm serious about this, the Packers have a legitimate shot at a perfect season. They are likely the team to beat in the NFC. The entire defense is back from last year and the offense has only gotten better. Especially because of the Brewers... I cannot wait for football season.
This.I'm not thinking perfect season, but I do think Super Bowl is a possibility. Losing Jolly is big, but the Packers expected this, working out different players in his spot on the d-line. It's all about the secondary for me. Any backups in that spot worry me, losing Al Harris really hurt last season.
With the addition of Bulaga and Quarless in the draft.. I'm serious about this, the Packers have a legitimate shot at a perfect season.
I'm serious about this: you are a nice guy, but clearly insane.

as a packers season ticket holder - i am not this clouded... i'll hope for 11-5 or 12-4 and a deep playoff run - it is the NFL - perfect season is an unattainable goal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rough day from Rodgers. Clay Matthews is a beast. Also good to see a near flawless game on special teams and very few penalties. No Ryan Grant against the Bills, but I think Jackson breaks out with a big game.Seeing Kuhn run through all of those Eagles before scoring that touchdown was beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

lmao BigD, when it comes to sportrs, you're good at being a dick... :club: congrats on your 3-0 start, but dont get your hopes up...2010 bears=2009 broncosyou guys might even go to 4-0 or 5-0, but eventually, the bears will fizzle out and miss the playoffs...you guys practicly lose at home to the lions,you guys got dominated at home by the packers and end up stealing the win because the packers are a bunch of idiotsits a very deceitful 3-0, you guys should really be 1-2.

lmao BigD, when it comes to sportrs, you're good at being a dick... :club: congrats on your 3-0 start, but dont get your hopes up...2010 bears=2009 broncosyou guys might even go to 4-0 or 5-0, but eventually, the bears will fizzle out and miss the playoffs...you guys practicly lose at home to the lions,you guys got dominated at home by the packers and end up stealing the win because the packers are a bunch of idiotsits a very deceitful 3-0, you guys should really be 1-2.
sour-grapes.jpg