Uh.............go Packers!

SHIPPPPPP ITT!!I've always thought Rodgers had the qualities to be a top tier QB in the NFL.Tonight was the start of a great career for Aaron Rodgers as the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers.
Dan Patrick asked what would you rather have out of Rodgers start: Packers win but Rodgers mediocre, or Packers lose but Rodgers spectactular?You didn't get spectactular, but it was a pretty good performance nevertheless. Way too many penalties by the offensive line though. Win is a win.I'm buying the #12 jersey if he wins 2 of his first 3 games, I'm halfway there.
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Patrick asked what would you rather have out of Rodgers start: Packers win but Rodgers mediocre, or Packers lose but Rodgers spectactular?You didn't get spectactular, but it was a pretty good performance nevertheless. Way too many penalties by the offensive line though. Win is a win.I'm buying the #12 jersey if he wins 2 of his first 3 games, I'm halfway there.
yeah i doubted rodgers from day 1 but he looked good, i think you'll get your jersey being that we are playing the lions.

OWNED.Rodgers is the man.Woodson is the man.Bring on the Cowgirls.

Both teams will put up at least 30.Also in regards to 30, that's how many times John Madden will mention Favre in the game.
If we can beat the Cowboys at home next Sunday night then we will be the early favorites to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.Shoulda been there last year but now we have a quarterback who doesn't seem to throw interceptions in big situations and can evade the defense on foot.GG all other teams.
  • 1 year later...

I didn't see the end of this game. Did they not win!? How did that happen? I thought the Steelers were done after the stupid onside kick by Tomlin. Has a coach ever made a worse decision?Wait... how did the Steelers win!?!??!

I think we need to use the first pick in the draft on an OT and our second on a fucking kicker. My God.Also, Clay Matthews is an animal. Like a white Ray Lewis.
Crosby is gone in my football world. I wanted him cut after last week. I would never want him kicking with the game on the line.Clay is incredible, but why he wasn't pressuring Roethlisberger on that last play is a mystery.Packers should still be in playoffs, but that one really hurt today.
Crosby is gone in my football world. I wanted him cut after last week. I would never want him kicking with the game on the line.Clay is incredible, but why he wasn't pressuring Roethlisberger on that last play is a mystery.Packers should still be in playoffs, but that one really hurt today.
Yeah, one win and they're in the playoffs. I couldn't believe they didn't send Clay on the last play..WTF? He'd been beating that LT like a drum all day. I'd trade Crosby and a bag of footballs to Dallas for Folk right about now. Just kills me. They're really missing Al Harris and even with Harris the safeties and depth in the secondary were questionable at best. I thought they should've addressed it in last year's draft a little more effectively but I was content with Raji and Matthews in the first round--though Raji has been a huge non-factor. Really like Jenkins and Jolly a lot, still, though I doubt we'll have Raji, Jolly and Jenkins all back next year. Still not sure how they're going to fit Kampman in. He's out of place at LB, not nearly quick enough to cover a TE or RB and just doesn't seem to be comfortable rushing the passer from that position. Needs his hand on the ground. Anyway.. I'm done rambling. Our DBs outside of Woodson and Harris are awful, and they're both getting old. Bigby has moments of brilliance and hours of ineptititude. But realisitically, even giving up 500 yards passing, we should've won the game. Penalties were our downfall, not necessarily the secondary. That last TD pass was just WOW out of Roethlisberger.

I don't think Kampmann is gonna be back with GB next season. You're right, he doesn't fit in the 3-4 scheme.The backup CB's are just dreadful. Tramon Williams is so much better than Jarrett Bush, but that's not saying he's that effective. I knew they'd miss Harris more than Kampmann when they both went out for season. They better put a beating on Seattle.

Crosby is gone in my football world. I wanted him cut after last week. I would never want him kicking with the game on the line.
I am a season ticket holder and while I am extremely nervous these days when Crosby kicks, there isn't really any decent replacements.Here's a list of Packers kickers (minimum of 10 attempts) dating to 1951, in order of career accuracy:Ryan Longwell...81.6Jan Stenerud...80.8Mason Crosby...77.4Chris Jacke...77.2Dave Rayner...74.3Max Zendejas...71.4Joe Danelo...68.8Al Del Greco...66.7Tom Birney...61.9Chester Marcol...61.5Fred Cone...59.6Don Chandler...57.8Lou Michaels...57.1Tim Webster...54.5Jerry Kramer...53.7Dale Livingston...53.6Paul Hornung...47.1Mike Mercer...41.4I do think the pack should cut Kapinos immeadiately

Packers have looked really good today against Appalachain State. BJ Raji finally doing a couple of things, LBers flying around, secondary ballhawking and Matthews looking like he'll be a Pro Bowler for the next 10 years or so. Good mix of run and pass. This is exactly the game I wanted to see as we head into the playoffs. And there's a quarter left to play. I would like to see the Packers get a team barber though. My God, that's a ton of hair.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Kurt Warner and I hope that if Green Bay loses to Arizona that the Cardinals go all the way, this probably being his last year and all.. But I just don't see it. Boldin's out. Cromartie's out. Makes it easier to pass on 'em and defend their pass. Green Bay's getting pressure on the QB and you have to get Warner moving his feet and I think they will. 27-10, Green Bay.

Yikes. Two minute warning and it's been about as gigantic an abortion as I could've ever envisioned. If they can somehow manage to get in at half down only 10, it'd be a miracle. They haven't protected, they haven't pressured, they haven't covered, they've played.. just about as atrocious as a team can. They've dropped balls, Rodgers has overthrown WRs and held teh ball too long. Not a rosy outlook.Edit: NICE COMPLETION TO FINLEY.