I'm buying a laptop.should i consider a Mac? which sites allow mac users now?
I think just FTYou could do the whole bootcamp thing if you really wanted though

RT, a few months back I bought my first laptop.........an Everex StepNote. Love it! It came with Vista Basic installed which was great for me because so many other computers come loaded up with stuff I ain't never gonna use. It's a great computer, fast with plenty of memory. I can play tables on FT, Stars and AP all while watching the ft of the WSOPE and it never even blinks. I got it from Circuit City and at the time it was $699 with almost $300 in rebates and free shipping. Ordered it on a Wednesday and got it on Friday. I certainly won't be going back to a desktop any time in the future! I did quite a bit of research before buying one because I wasn't sure if I should purchase a big name brand to get quality or if something else would be just as good. Checked out CNET and this laptop was rated in the top 3 for all categories so I feel I got a good laptop at a really good price!

RT, a few months back I bought my first laptop.........an Everex StepNote. Love it! It came with Vista Basic installed which was great for me because so many other computers come loaded up with stuff I ain't never gonna use. It's a great computer, fast with plenty of memory. I can play tables on FT, Stars and AP all while watching the ft of the WSOPE and it never even blinks. I got it from Circuit City and at the time it was $699 with almost $300 in rebates and free shipping. Ordered it on a Wednesday and got it on Friday. I certainly won't be going back to a desktop any time in the future! I did quite a bit of research before buying one because I wasn't sure if I should purchase a big name brand to get quality or if something else would be just as good. Checked out CNET and this laptop was rated in the top 3 for all categories so I feel I got a good laptop at a really good price!
sweet thanks man,i'l check it out now.
WTF bob lock it up...Im not allowed to post about laptops
Dude.I have never seen anyone who has had more topics locked or deleted than you. You should have your "New Topic" button disabled.To the OP... just buy a cheap laptop on eBay. Unless you need specific firepower, just Internet access and the basics, get a three year old IBM T series or something.. You can probably get something for $200-300
Dude.I have never seen anyone who has had more topics locked or deleted than you. You should have your "New Topic" button disabled.
I think Whalers2005 and jasmeen are trying to catch up though.

i just got the HP pavillion today and love it... its on sale right now for 600 bucks and has vista premium on it... its got a 15.4 in screen to so its decent sizeedit: the model number is dv6408nr on best buy check it out

i just got the HP pavillion today and love it... its on sale right now for 600 bucks and has vista premium on it... its got a 15.4 in screen to so its decent sizeedit: the model number is dv6408nr on best buy check it out
Damn, how'd I miss that one??? WTF??? How much ram does it have? Mine has Vista premium to. I just spent another $300on a computer desk which took 4 hours and a blister from all the fucking screws to put together. I can still take this back andspend a bit more on another one. But I'm to lazy to hassle with that bullshit.

I play Stars on my Mac laptop. You don't even need to dual boot, there is a program called Virtual PC which allows you to run Windows from within Mac OS X. It runs fine on my powerbook which is like 3 years old, 1.7GHz.

ok..looked a bit more into it.between these twoHP pavillionorGateway ML6703 or the 6705 model?
Where did you look that recommended an HP or Gateway?I mean, I'm not up on recent laptops, but both those companies haven't really been at the top of their game. Gateway moreso.
Where did you look that recommended an HP or Gateway?I mean, I'm not up on recent laptops, but both those companies haven't really been at the top of their game. Gateway moreso.
just talk on the streets u know. the wurd from peeps. if u get what i'm saying..no, seriously tho, i dunno, just from what knollie said in this thread, and a friend of mine who bought a gateway notebook... i havent heard anything bad except for acer's low end models.
ok..looked a bit more into it.between these twoHP pavillionorGateway ML6703 or the 6705 model?
I have the HP Pavillion. Well that is to say I had it.I punched the screen and it broke and it's on repair, but before that, it was top notch.

Mac is the sh1t but expensive 2k-3k depending on amenities. I could not justify so I bought a Gateway from BestBuy on Sale for $699 17" widescreen 2 gig ram, 160mb hard drive, vista, so far it works great, I am not comfortable w/ vista yet but that will come with time.