$2/3 NLHE; $100 max buy-inI'm in SB with about $450. Player 1 limps from MP. Player 2 raises to $20. Cutoff calls, I call with AJ offsuit. Player 1 calls.Flop is: J95, two hearts.I bet $100. Player 1 folds. Player 2 goes all-in for $288 total.Cutoff thinks for a really long time. Eventually he folds.Since he folded, now I have to think. I end up folding too, putting him on an overpair.The original raiser shows AJ :D; cutoff had AJ :club: .In hindsight, should I have called? In reality, the fold was lucky because a rabbit hunt by another player showed a heart on the river.I have a better read on this guy now after this play, but what about against the typical player?

There was a lot of money in the pot, so it is just a math problem whether or not it was correct to call. The fold is fine, since he would have been freerolling against you. The key question might be, should you have called out of position with AJo in the first place? In limit, I would. In NL, I'm tossing it straight to the muck. It is too tough of a hand to play IMO out of position against a player you don't have a very good read on. There are some people that I'd play it against, but not many.

$2/3 NLHE; $100 max buy-inI'm in SB with about $450. Player 1 limps from MP. Player 2 raises to $20. Cutoff calls, I call with AJ offsuit. Player 1 calls.Flop is: J95, two hearts.I bet $100. Player 1 folds. Player 2 goes all-in for $288 total.Cutoff thinks for a really long time. Eventually he folds.Since he folded, now I have to think. I end up folding too, putting him on an overpair.The original raiser shows AJ :D; cutoff had AJ :club: .In hindsight, should I have called? In reality, the fold was lucky because a rabbit hunt by another player showed a heart on the river.I have a better read on this guy now after this play, but what about against the typical player?
i would have laid it down PF. if you fold TPTK here, why play the hand in the first place. you cant expect much of a better flop than that.

I think the overbet of 100 was a little risky, there was only about 60 in the pot from what I gather. I too am agressive but I dont think I would nearly double the pot just to protect a 20 dollar investment. This probably one of the reasons the other person pushed all in as well. forcing you off of your hand.I think the fold was good, but the bet was pretty bad.-Matt

I think the overbet of 100 was a little risky, there was only about 60 in the pot from what I gather. I too am agressive but I dont think I would nearly double the pot just to protect a 20 dollar investment. This probably one of the reasons the other person pushed all in as well. forcing you off of your hand.I think the fold was good, but the bet was pretty bad.-Matt
Nevermind...I thought there were only 3 players...still 80 in the pot, bet 100...alittle much for me

I don't like a call there. I think you've got to fold. he's not making that play w/JK. I don't see how you're in the lead, unless he's on a bluff-- and if he's got like AhKh, you're not even in the lead. I don't really like the 100 bet. I think you paid too much for the info you got. There's 80 in the pot? Wouldn't 50 have given you the same info? I'm not even sure I like the preflop call (wow, sorry to be so negative...). What can you hope for with AJ? If an ace flops, you don't know where you stand, and if a J flops... well.... Either way, you've got to lay it down to a real show of strength. So, yes, I like the fold; it's my favorite part of the hand. (But I don't play much NL cash, so these, my opinions, may be questionable.)