I Know I Donked This

Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $62.35UTG+1: $130.45CO: $32.55Button: $24.70SB: $50.40Hero: $50Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 8 :) 6 :icon_dance: 3 :club: 2 :) UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.Flop: 4 :D 7 :D 5 :D ($2.5, 5 players)SB bets $2.5, Hero calls, 2 folds, Button calls.Turn: Q :) ($10, 3 players)SB bets $10, Hero calls, Button calls.River: 2 :D ($40, 3 players)SB is all-in $37.4, Hero calls all-in $37, Button folds.Uncalled bets: $0.4 returned to SB.Results:Final pot: $114Push turn? Raise flop? Fold river is a definite.

Really tough spot to be in. You have a strong high that is ducking the diamonds, and a pretty weak low (although an non-diamond ace or duece on the river would likely scoop for us).We are being freerolled here oftern, but not necessarily by one opponent.My gut instinct tells me that we need to push the turn, mainly because our high is made, and our low is decent. Anyone with a diamond draw with no low (limped pot) has to toss on the turn, as do flopped sets with no redraws (beyond paired board) without a low. There is definitely an element of risk in pushing the turn, but we can be pleasantly surprised by so many outcomes, I think it's +EV in the long run, especially in a limped pot. As it stands, we could have let a hi-only and a low-only into that river without paying for their deficiencies. Of course if the low has diamonds, then we put a lot of money in the pot for no good reason.Meh, I wanna here some thoughts on this, too.

With nut high and second low, I think you need to pot this turn. You played with them on the flop, now make them pay. In fact, I don't hate a flop bet here. Make the lows and the diamond draws pay.Fugly river, but hopefully SB hit his diamonds but ruined his low, and you still get half.

I love Hi/Lo. Unfortunately 100$ max 6 handed games aren't running very often and i get bored to death at full ring.
that because you need to start playing and raising every hand from the co and button.
  • 2 weeks later...
Raise on the flop and push the turn if nobody goes away!(with rebuy ready if needed of course) :club:
I agree. The reason to raise the flop is to get more money in the pot so you can make as big as possible a bet on a turn card like this.