New England Patriots

I just saw on the NFL network that the Pats will lose their 1st round pick if they make the playoffs or their 2nd and 3rd round picks if they don't make the playoffs. Pretty severe penalty IMO but appropriate.
Not what theyre reporting on Yahoo...hmmmmmEdit: OK yahoo changed their article. Now its a 500k fine for Belichick, 250k fine for the team, and the draft pick thing. That is way too harsh IMO.
Not what theyre reporting on Yahoo...hmmmmmEdit: OK yahoo changed their article. Now its a 500k fine for Belichick, 250k fine for the team, and the draft pick thing. That is way too harsh IMO.
It fits, and the whole situation is classic Belichik arrogance. His statement apologized to the Kraft family, the team, the fans and the league...but reiterated that nothing was done that would have given them an advantage on Sunday. Lol..so,you have been warned continually not to do a thing, you know punishment is possible, and the thing you do won't even help you.. yet you do it anyway? I wish I was Proffessor X so I could get in his mind and tell him how stupid his mouth opening makes him look at this time. Then,I would just make him call nothing but the flea flicker, all season. For the fun of it.

I think it would have been better to have the same punishment they have now except only fining Belichick 250K and suspending him a game. So the total would be 250K fine for him and the team, the 1st round pick if they make the playoffs (or 2nd and 3rd if they don't) and 1 game suspension for Belichick. Makes it so it hurts them that one game to not have the coach there.I'm thinking Belicheck will get a lot of money from different people on the team to help him pay this fine and it won't actually cost him very much.cheaties.jpg

They were probably cheating in the tuck game in the snow Vs the Raiders, probably paid the Refs off also. LOL sorry just bitter Raiders fan.But I agree with the fines and penalties. If a team is cheating in this fashion, the head coach has to know about it, so he should be held responsible. 500K may seem like an expensive fine, but this is the NFL!! The richest league in America, if a team cheats they have to pay. So I agree witht the fine, I hate Belicheck because hes a Patriot, but I still respect him as a great coach who will do anything to win unlike other coaches in the league. But this is too far and he had to pay for it.

meh, the recruiting class isn't as loaded as it has been in years prior, I'm thankful for that. Pats will still have a great season. Nothing else to add except to back up Flushgarden, he's not the only pats fan on these forums.

oh no the patriots will only have one first round pick next year not two. give me a break they will barely notice this punishment. That said it was fair. if anything, a bit excessive.

I have two responses1) Shutup cheater!2) I still beat you in fantasy football. Boo yaaaaa!
rrr ISAFF. (Damn you Deon Branch). Hey check out me new sig! :club: Oh .........and the Jets still suck :D
cheaties.jpg
LOL great photo WK :D
They were probably cheating in the tuck game in the snow Vs the Raiders, probably paid the Refs off also. LOL sorry just bitter Raiders fan.[/quote}This made me laugh...Why I think it's a bit overblown (every team films/studies film all year on eachother), I am disappointed in the coach.Why go this far with the filming "procedure" (his words, lol), it is against the rules, no way they needed to do this. Seems like a stupid thing to do to risk the reputation of the whole organization. But what it underscores is that professional sports is really only about the mobnies. Win at any cost to get the big mobney! :(
No its not cool that Barry was on juice and I think its horrible that he got away with it. I'd feel sorry for you if you couldn't see the difference between taking steriods and videotaping signals. However I'm quite sure you realize how silly that comparison is.The fact that some of you desperately hate the Partiots so much will make it even sweeter for me when they win the Superbowl...thank you for that.Also, this thread isn't necessary as we already have a Patriots thread.
Yeah.One activity was explicitly against the rules of the game and the other wasn't.