• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I mean, if people are floating rumors about picking up an old ass d-man who is in the minors because he has "experience"... and little else, you can get a decent gauge on its current "rating."

I don’t think I reported a rumor. I was at the game. Talked to a Leaf scout and he said he was watching him doesn’t mean they are going to acquire him

I mean, if people are floating rumors about picking up an old ass d-man who is in the minors because he has "experience"... and little else, you can get a decent gauge on its current "rating."

Depends...what would he cost? A dozen Lupul jerseys or a decent draft pick? What would his role be? Would he take ice time away from a better player or would he sit in the corner, tape sticks, and be a voice of reason and encouragement to Leafs' youth.

No. We don't need another bad veteran for Babcock to decide to play over young guys in the playoffs.

I'm ok with Mcdonaugh or Green but I don't really want to move any of our NHL ready young guys to do it (Leivo, Kapanen, Johnson, lillegren etc..)

My guess is then you won't be happy if the Leafs get McDonagh. I can't see it happening without good, ready now player or players. Rangers are not in LONG term re-build mode

I don't think I reported a rumor. I was at the game. Talked to a Leaf scout and he said he was watching him doesn't mean they are going to acquire him

Yeah, I misused the word "rumor". Meant notion or whatever.

Not that teams shouldn't cover all their bases, but that a scout is even looking says a lot about the value teams assign to "experience".

My guess is then you won't be happy if the Leafs get McDonagh. I can't see it happening without good, ready now player or players. Rangers are not in LONG term build mode

I'd be shocked...ok, maybe only surprised, if the Leafs stray too far from the original plan. McDonagh's price is likely too much. I can see Green being the guy though.

Is Tyler Bozak actually in play? With Plekanec maybe more expendable.

I don’t see Leafs trading him in a dump move , but maybe a “hockey trade” for a dman ?

I personally love Bozak and he is a huge asset, but I doubt we sign him long term.

Sad day in LeafsNation

We will be ok. We didn’t panic. We will ride the course. Our window of winning is very large. We will have our core for 10 years. Don’t worry.

I’m curious to see what the Leafs offered for Mcdonaugh.

I’m sure we could of matched the prospects T Bay gave. The draft picks as well. Who would equate to Namestnikov? Would it be Marner ? Then I would say no

Also I doubt the Leafs wanted the big package with Miller.

Apparently the Leafs did not make an offer for McDonagh.

Ok makes sense too I read they had. Rumors are usually not accurate.

Greg Millen “ Vasilevsky one of the best in league stopping tips and deflections”

Within 3 min Leafs get 2 goals on a tip and a deflection.

That was heck of a game. Another 40 plus shots against.

Plekanec didn’t have a good debut. But still first game.

• 3 weeks later...

Otto was at the game today. He threw his hat on the ice on JVR hatty.

He has some explaining to do to his dad.

So the hat Otto threw (or tried to) is here at the 59 second mark

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jvrs-hat-trick-helps-maple-leafs-rally-beat-stars-shootout/

What happen was someone threw his hat from the upper level and landed near Otto. So he tried to throw it over the netting.

Its been such a weird final 15-20 games to end the season. The Leafs fate has been determined for a long time now..Barring some unforeseen happening the Leafs will be on the road in Boston to start the playoffs..

While the wildcard system seems more exciting and get more teams involved possibly, it doesnt seem to be fair this year in the East..The Leafs who are currently 3rd in the whole East and a good chance to end up that way, will face the second ranked team in the playoffs..

Its also bad for the Bruins, as they are number two and have to face number 3 Toronto.

It might be a unique circumstance this year, but it doesnt seem fair to see Boston vs Toronto in the first round.

It's been like that every year. nonsensical matchups in the first round. I think it should change. Given that it happened to Toronto this year, I suspect we'll see a change for next season.

• Like 1

It's been like that every year. nonsensical matchups in the first round. I think it should change. Given that it happened to Toronto this year, I suspect we'll see a change for next season.

Im in favor of keeping the same wild card races for a playoff spot, but then just rank the teams 1-8 like old school...

Not sure who it was, might have been on the Leafs broadcast recently , suggested teams pick their opponent ...Seem a bit goofy, but apparently some minor league does it that way. I think your FCHL also does that..Doubt we ever see that.