Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

I don't necessarily agree but Coach and management believe that there is certain match ups that you may need a physical fighter in the lineup.

It's old school

and no team that is good in today's NHL agrees with that line of thinking

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I'm not going to get mad until I see Colton Orr on the opening night roster, or until I see his name in a lineup.

Then I will be completely F'ing furious.

Not at Carlyle. He's too stupid to know how stupid he is being. But at Shanahan for letting it happen.

That said, I honestly believe that Orr will be in the minors.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 54m54 minutes ago

Potential Leafs lineup taking shape at practice: JVR-Bozak-Kessel. Lupul-Kadri-Leivo. Komarov-Holland-Nylander. Winnik-Santorelli-Kozun.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 54m54 minutes ago

Potential Leafs lineup taking shape at practice: JVR-Bozak-Kessel. Lupul-Kadri-Leivo. Komarov-Holland-Nylander. Winnik-Santorelli-Kozun.

I dont think Nylander makes the team, more than a 9 game look..But I might be wrong..

I like Leivo, but when Clarkson is healthy I am hoping for a more productive Clarkson on Kadri's wing.

Love the 4th line, naturally and upgrade from the Orr,Mclaren 3 minute games.

The only news that Leafs Nation doesnt want to hear is Phil Kessel being injured for any type of period this year.

Well we all hold our collective breaths as 81 left practice today with an apparent injury.

Hopefully he just left because there is a good poker game somewhere.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 10m10 minutes ago

Early indications from @jonasTSN1050 and others are Leafs cuts include Orr, McLaren, Holzer and Nylander. Which would be exactly right.

I'm impressed with Kozun. Looks like he makes the team.

I like to have seen Nylander for 9 games

To all Leaf fans from the passive to the diehard, we are just over 48 hours away from the beginning of the season.

Lets all band together and support each other as one..

Lets not nitpick about playing time, line combos, and our coach....We are all in it to win the Stanley Cup..

At least give Randy 25 games before badmouthing him( i m looking at you Dubey) , he deserves that much.

We are the greatest fans on earth, lets act like it and lets make sure this team is where we all want it to be at the end of the year.

In a deep playoff run

thanks

• Like 1

Leaf lines at Practice today:

JVR Bozak Kessel

Lupul Kadri Kozun

Komarov Santorelli Clarkson

Winnik Holland Frattin

Phaneuf Robidas

Polak Percy

Gardiner Reilly

Looks like Franson wont be ready for opening night...They are deciding on Nylanders status..He might go back to Sweden or stay with the Marlies.

I dont think anyone had Kozun in the starting lineup..A very late round pick in 2009 , he scored a ton in the WHL and did well in the AHL..

These type of players are bonus and hopefully we found ourselves another 20 goal scorer.

The roster is looking very good...solid 3rd and 4th lines to add to our scorers in the top 6

that 4th line is miles better than anything we iced last year. Not 100% convinced that Kozun is a 2nd line player, but I can't argue with his preseason, and I'm happy that they rewarded him. Hope he proves me wrong.

Gotta agree, that is a good looking lineup. Outside of missing Franson for Percy and a better 2nd liner for Kozun, that should be a playoff team, and might do some serious damage in the playoffs if Bernier gets hot.

To all Leaf fans from the passive to the diehard, we are just over 48 hours away from the beginning of the season.

Lets not nitpick about playing time, line combos, and our coach....We are all in it to win the Stanley Cup..

At least give Randy 25 games before badmouthing him( i m looking at you Dubey) , he deserves that much.

We are the greatest fans on earth, lets act like it and lets make sure this team is where we all want it to be at the end of the year.

In a deep playoff run

thanks

I am pleased, and excited for the season.

Gotta agree, that is a good looking lineup. Outside of missing Franson for Percy and a better 2nd liner for Kozun, that should be a playoff team, and might do some serious damage in the playoffs if Bernier gets hot.

I think most people underestimate Bernier's season last year..The whole losing streak coincided with the injury..Reimer is a good goalie, but Bernier can be a top 10 goalie in the league..

If he has a good season, we keep the shots down like we are hoping for..Team will be ok

• Like 1

In a deep playoff run

thanks

IN!

ok, maybe not like IN as a Leaf fan, but I'm rooting for the Leafs to make the playoffs, and be a real force, as I always do.

The numbers dont lie:

Bernier:

26wins 19 losses 7 OTL 2.68 GAA and .923

Reimer

12-16-1 3.29 and .911

Big difference..and I am a HUGE Reimer fan....

I am in of course, but no promises re: Carlyle.

I bleed blue, I really do. I like this lineup. I liked our roster last year too. I love the players. My blinded love for the leafs doesn't extend to coaches and management though, never has. If I see a promising group of players being dragged down by incompetent coaching (again), I'll be mad.

• Like 3

I'm impressed with Kozun. Looks like he makes the team.

I like to have seen Nylander for 9 games

The beautiful thing is that he's in the AHL right? So they can recall him any time, unlike junior players.

The beautiful thing is that he's in the AHL right? So they can recall him any time, unlike junior players.

That's the thing. He might go back to Sweden. So not sure how that works

Ashton is in bit of limbo I think..He hasnt looked good at camp, and he needs to clear waivers to be sent down..I think they are trying to trade him..I dont think he plays for the Leafs..Marlies maybe.