• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Btw, Canadian Gothic is also listening to offers on Dion Phaneuf.

Lets discuss this in further depth...

I'm looking for a forward.

I have several..However much like the rest of the world, I am not very high on Dion Phaneuf's offensive abilities....Even though I am a die hard, stupidly biased Leafs fan, I dont think I will be overspending on our captain...Even if he gets traded to Edmonton, Vancouver or the Swedish Elite League.

I have several..However much like the rest of the world, I am not very high on Dion Phaneuf's offensive abilities....Even though I am a die hard, stupidly biased Leafs fan, I dont think I will be overspending on our captain...Even if he gets traded to Edmonton, Vancouver or the Swedish Elite League.

He will not play in the SEL because Elisha won't want to have to compete with all those Swedish babes.

He will not play in the SEL because Elisha won't want to have to compete with all those Swedish babes.

Speaking of which the guys on the radio were kicking around a Spezza - Phaneuf trade but determined that Elisha was the only upside.

Speaking of which the guys on the radio were kicking around a Spezza - Phaneuf trade but determined that Elisha was the only upside.

Elisha is a very nice upside

Very proud of this team. Looking for an awesome off season full of joy and prosperity

• Like 1

I'm really impressed at the way Shanahan has run this team. What a great leader. Very proud to have him as our leader. Great hockey mind.

That remains to be seen. He says all the right things, but his one actual decision so far has been a giant flop. (bringing Carlyle back).

• Like 1

Let's trust him Dave. Carlyle would of been snatched up by another team as Shanny mentioned. The assistants created a culture that needs to be changed. (Let's blame them why not)

I think the foundation is there. Need to find tune the lineup. Most importantly playing under adversity needs to be learned.

He was a Leafs fan before he was an NHL player so he doesn't just have that business mind...he's also a fan. He's a great student of the game and he's learned from some very successful organizations. He knows the right things to say and that can be a great benefit when dealing with people.

Let's trust him Dave. Carlyle would of been snatched up by another team as Shanny mentioned.

"Quick! Let's make that mistake before we let any of our competition make it!"

Let's trust him Dave. Carlyle would of been snatched up by another team as Shanny mentioned. The assistants created a culture that needs to be changed. (Let's blame them why not)

I think the foundation is there. Need to find tune the lineup. Most importantly playing under adversity needs to be learned.

I'm going to give Shanny a chance, just like I give everyone (except John Ferguson Jr and Bryan Colangelo). But those are awful statements that suggest the exact opposite of what I'd look for in a management. Carlyle being snatched up by another team means almost nothing. And the assistants created a culture? Why were they in charge? If every manager in a business does things in a consistent way, that is incorrect, is that the fault of every manager, or the guy in charge of managing them?

Can anyone else recall a situation where a non-first year coach was brought back, but most/all of his assistants let go? It's very odd, and I don't see how the Leafs situation would be different enough to suggest breaking precedent.

Note - all this is said with the implication that the coach's role is as important as coaches always say it is, as opposed to my actual opinion, which is that the coach of a team is not particularly significant.