Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

He's talking about a 7:00 pm start time.

He's talking about a 7:00 pm start time.

lol..I need to read better

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I was thinking of my favourite non-playoff Leafs memory of this year.

I think it's close between Lupul's end-to-end rush to break a 3-3 tie against Carolina, or Kessel's first goal of the year, against Winnipeg to break a 1-1 tie late.

I am very excited for next year...I am finally getting over what happened..

I know some people think we are far from a cup contender, however with one big splash in trade and 3 or 4 solid moves, we can be right there..

GO LEAFS GO

We need to lock up Kessel and Phaneuf(I know some people will laugh at the Dion extension)

The term "Dion extension" is definitely funny.

That's because you don't watch the games and listen to media

I'm ok locking up Phaneuf, but he needs to take a pay cut.

He's currently the 8th highest cap hit d-man... and he's not in the top 10 best d-men in the league... he's making 6.5, I'd be ok with 4.5 or 5... consider cap is going down, etc.

No issues giving Kessel 6 or 7 though.

I'm ok locking up Phaneuf, but he needs to take a pay cut.

He's currently the 8th highest cap hit d-man... and he's not in the top 10 best d-men in the league... he's making 6.5, I'd be ok with 4.5 or 5... consider cap is going down, etc.

No issues giving Kessel 6 or 7 though.

Agreed 100 percent. Dion is a great dman when he doesn't have to play 30 min.

I break the bank for Kessel. Dion 5 years $20 mill maybe.

That's because you don't watch the games and listen to media

Dion 5 years $20 mill maybe.

You just insulted Adam for not watching the games and listening to the media for all his information, and then in the next post, you asked your captain to take a 40% pay cut, which is pretty much unheard of.

You just insulted Adam for not watching the games and listening to the media for all his information, and then in the next post, you asked your captain to take a 40% pay cut, which is pretty much unheard of.

He , like others feel extending Dion is bad. Pay cut naturally. Cap going down

I think Adam was just saying that "Dion Extension" is a funny sounding term, but I could be wrong.

If Kessel's agent is half-way competent, he'll be getting 8 Million for 7+ years.

I can't see Dion taking less than 6.5. He'd get that on the open market. Cap hit will be back at 70 within 2 years anyway.

Looking forward to next year , looking at our new division..Has me a little worried..What do you guys think:

In Alphabetical Order:

Boston

Buffalo

Detroit

Florida

Montreal

Ottawa

Tampa Bay

Toronto

Other than Florida, there is no guarantee bad team IMO....Buffalo should get better and Tampa has the talent..

Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, Detroit and Toronto...All playoff teams from this year..Only 3 teams are guranteed a spot..Then two wild cards in the conference.

I think the other eastern division is weaker

Buffalo is not going to be better next year. We're a contender for the #1 overall. Too bad it's not the Connor McDavid sweepstakes, but maybe we'll suck the year after as well to get in on him.

Buffalo is not going to be better next year. We're a contender for the #1 overall. Too bad it's not the Connor McDavid sweepstakes, but maybe we'll suck the year after as well to get in on him.

Do you think they trade Ryan Miller?

Do you think they trade Ryan Miller?

I have zero doubt that Miller will be traded. He wants out, his house is on the market if not sold already, and his backup just won a World Championship for Sweden with a sparkling record. I'm thinking he'll end up in St. Louis...hopefully for Berglund.

Interesting, why St Louis?

They already have two good goalies.

I'm basing that on my thinking that Halak will be bought out or traded for scraps since he's so injury prone, and Elliott is much better in a strong backup role behind a proven starter. Miller/Elliott could take St. Louis the distance next year.

Does it feel like playoffs are harder to make now with the new divisions? I mean, obv it's one team harder overall in the East, but looking at the divisions, you can almost instantly pick out the 3 locks. Optically, it just seems tougher... mirage maybe. Probably no different with the wild cards.

I'm basing that on my thinking that Halak will be bought out or traded for scraps since he's so injury prone, and Elliott is much better in a strong backup role behind a proven starter. Miller/Elliott could take St. Louis the distance next year.

Jake Allen did pretty good in his mid-season run ... 9 - 4 - 0 0.905

Halak's sv% 0.899, Elliot sv% 0.907

But yes, Ryan Miller would be perfect in this situation; vet goal for a team going for it & only signed for one more year.

Does it feel like playoffs are harder to make now with the new divisions? I mean, obv it's one team harder overall in the East, but looking at the divisions, you can almost instantly pick out the 3 locks. Optically, it just seems tougher... mirage maybe. Probably no different with the wild cards.

ya, I know what you mean. Its a strange perception thing where when I look at it, it does look tougher.

But yes, Ryan Miller would be perfect in this situation; vet goal for a team going for it & only signed for one more year.

hmm, hadn't thought about Miller to StL. Interesting.

I think next year in StL its Allen+Elliott though.

I might be wrong, but I still think Halak is a #1. (that may just be hope for a desperate poolie in a keeper league)

Halak would be a top 5 goalie in the NHL if he could stay healthy for 60+ games, but his own history claims he can't. All the skill, but the body is half the battle.

Watching game 5 Leafs vs Kings 1993 semifinals.

Amazing hockey. Great memories. Dougie. Gretzky. Clark. Potvin Hrudey. Bob cole awesome.

Rip Pat Burns and Peter Zezel