• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

You don't know that.
Okay, that's true..... in the sense that, if I skate through the crease, drop my shoulder and drive the goalie into the corner, it's still possible for my winger to shoot the puck over the empty net. HOWEVER.... did it affect THE POTENTIAL OUTCOME OF THE PLAY? Absolutely. And, as I've said earlier, when I first saw the goal, I thought it should have stood. The net cam review completely changed my mind..
Okay, that's true..... in the sense that, if I skate through the crease, drop my shoulder and drive the goalie into the corner, it's still possible for my winger to shoot the puck over the empty net. HOWEVER.... did it affect THE POTENTIAL OUTCOME OF THE PLAY? Absolutely. And, as I've said earlier, when I first saw the goal, I thought it should have stood. The net cam review completely changed my mind..
Ok I agree with you that according to the rulebook the goal should stand...However its a stupid rule...bodychecking the goalie is one thing, but what Blake did was totally unintentional and probably had no effect on the outcome of the goal....Remember the stupid rule a few years ago that was changed, where even if you had an inch of a toe in the crease the goal was disallowed.....It should be a judgment call by the refs or video replay guys...
Remember the stupid rule a few years ago that was changed, where even if you had an inch of a toe in the crease the goal was disallowed
Oh god..... five hundred guys in Buffalo just heard that, screamed 'BRETT HULL' and punched themselves in the groin....
Oh god..... five hundred guys in Buffalo just heard that, screamed 'BRETT HULL' and punched themselves in the groin....
I'm not a buffalo fan, but I still don't understand how everybody watching at home was able to tell he was in the crease yet no official (upstairs watching the broadcast) was able to see this.
I'm not a buffalo fan, but I still don't understand how everybody watching at home was able to tell he was in the crease yet no official (upstairs watching the broadcast) was able to see this.
They didn't say he wasn't in the crease, they ruled he was entitled to be there because it was a continuation of a play where the puck was in the crease.
They didn't say he wasn't in the crease, they ruled he was entitled to be there because it was a continuation of a play where the puck was in the crease.
ahh yes. I remember reading/hearing that now. I still say it's total BS considering they had the stupid rule, but I'm not a sabres fan so oh well.back to the leaf talk.

*******GAME DAY*******Leafs vs Montreal on a Saturday Night...Doesnt get much better than this...The Leafs have a lot to prove and should come out flying tonight...Look for the power play to finally click as they have been working on it....Montreal is in for a long year and tonight will prove it..Leafs win 6-1 as Sundin breaks the record at home...Should be a fun night for Leaf fans...

Excellent non-call on Sundin's highstick!(serge)
bullshit...2 stupid penalties...There is an agenda to screw the Leafs every ****ing game....
bullshit...2 stupid penalties...There is an agenda to screw the Leafs every ****ing game....
The Leafs deserved both the penalties against them. Higgins was pushed into Toskela. Sundin highsticked Komisarek. You are blind.
The Leafs deserved both the penalties against them. Higgins was pushed into Toskela. Sundin highsticked Komisarek. You are blind.
no you are blind..you are a habs fan...therefore automatically makes you blind...you can have the NHL, the referees , Gary Bettman ...Everyone is against the Leafs....We are still gonna persevere...bullshit refereeing...