• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Okay zach. I'll stop. Thanks for your contribution.
Oh come on, Chris. That was tongue-in-cheek. Hence the winking smiley face. Just ribbing. I, for one, enjoy the insight you provide by being more connected than any of us could ever dream of being.
Oh come on, Chris. That was tongue-in-cheek. Hence the winking smiley face. Just ribbing. I, for one, enjoy the insight you provide by being more connected than any of us could ever dream of being.
I for two completely agree. Insert fat jokes as necessary.And it was obvious he was just kidding. :club:

Ok, I'm going here already. Why does Burke need to only deal with guys he's friends with, or has worked with before, etc? I really think it's time to go outside of his circle of friends. I know Carlyle has already been hired, but man, I think Michel Therrien would have been a really solid choice. He did wonders with a young, inexperienced Pens team just a few years ago. I think he would have been a perfect fit.

Ok, I'm going here already. Why does Burke need to only deal with guys he's friends with, or has worked with before, etc? I really think it's time to go outside of his circle of friends. I know Carlyle has already been hired, but man, I think Michel Therrien would have been a really solid choice. He did wonders with a young, inexperienced Pens team just a few years ago. I think he would have been a perfect fit.
Right up until the young, inexperienced Pens rebelled against Therrien and demanded he be replaced.

Don't know if it was that dramatic, but he took the Pens to the playoffs for the first time in ages, and to the Cup finals. He's not a guy that'll stick around for 5 years, but he's a good bridge between now and when the Leafs could be a consistent Cup contender.On the other hand, maybe they need a players coach?

okay, sorry, a little thin skinned. Very very long tiring week. FWIW, the players have NOT been told who the replacement is...
Official now:Toronto Maple Leafs ‏ @MapleLeafsCarlyle Replaces Wilson As Leafs Head Coach: bit.ly/zMdbvT #Leafs #NHL
okay, sorry, a little thin skinned. Very very long tiring week. FWIW, the players have NOT been told who the replacement is...
Good for you for coming back on this.
Dave Feschuk‏@dfeschukGood start to the Carlyle-media relationship. Gets out of limo and blows by 3 reporters without a word.
Wish I hadn't quoted this with the above post, but I really can't stand when media people cry about mistreatment. I mean, if they get hit or something, that's one thing. But Randy Carlyle giving these guys even the time of day is more than he's required to do, and I'm tired of seeing media crying about people who have really difficult jobs not taking extra time out of their day to make their very public life even more public in their spare time.I'm so over the moon that Wilson got fired that I don't even care who replaced him at this point. Burke does seem like someone who likes 'his own guys' to the point of being detrimental. But today is Fire Wilson day, and will be celebrated accordingly.
Wish I hadn't quoted this with the above post, but I really can't stand when media people cry about mistreatment. I mean, if they get hit or something, that's one thing. But Randy Carlyle giving these guys even the time of day is more than he's required to do, and I'm tired of seeing media crying about people who have really difficult jobs not taking extra time out of their day to make their very public life even more public in their spare time.I'm so over the moon that Wilson got fired that I don't even care who replaced him at this point. Burke does seem like someone who likes 'his own guys' to the point of being detrimental. But today is Fire Wilson day, and will be celebrated accordingly.
Like, it's not required for him to talk to the media when he just arrives in town and stuff, but like the rest of the time, talking to the media is part of the coach's job. Pretty sure he has to, or he gets fined by the NHL, on game-days or whatever the rule is.

From the way it sounds from Chris, the announcement either hadn't been made to the team when Carlysle arrived, or it had literally JUST been made. If Carlysle had stopped to answer questions, the story would then be about the arrogant coach who was too busy dealing with the media to properly introduce himself to his players first. Lose-lose situation no matter what you do.

My experience with this:I was at a fundraiser tonight that I was helping organize, with over 1300 people in attendance. During one of the speeches, my phone vibrates, but I dont want to be rude and check. Suddenly, I cant help but notice a lot of guys are checking their phones, and whispering to people at the table. Then, it becomes really obvious, so I cant help but check my phone too. I swear, you would think another 9/11 happened the way everyone was suddenly restless and all reading their phones. Also in attendance, PK Subban's sister, and Andrew Cogliano's mother. I only mention it cause no one but you hockey degenerates would care. (and I doubt even you do anyway)

Like, it's not required for him to talk to the media when he just arrives in town and stuff, but like the rest of the time, talking to the media is part of the coach's job. Pretty sure he has to, or he gets fined by the NHL, on game-days or whatever the rule is.
Oh definitely. And yet, we have media guys getting tiffy at him not speaking to them outside of at least twice a day (on game days, I think) that he is required to do so.

i had 35 texts within 5 minutes of the news...It is what it is..I would of liked to see Dallas Eakins get the job.Eakins is well respected in the hockey community and will be a good NHL coach soon. The Marlies are leading their division by quite a big margin and are one of the best teams in the AHL..Partly also due to Burke's trades to acquire young prospects.Its a move that Burke had to be made..Ron Wilson is a great coach IMO, and coaching changes are a part of the NHL.A month ago the Leafs were poised to not only make the playoffs but were knocking on the door of a high seed. Does one month of disastrous hockey make a coach bad? Did they just quit playing for him? I dont buy it.If the Leafs go 8-2 in the last 10 games, does anyone even his most hated detractors have him fired?Carlyle got fired earlier this season, a team which has turned it around..Is he a better coach than Wilson?Its a move that has to be made...No choice for Burke...But I hope its the right decision to bring Carlyle in...

I've changed my opinion on the Leafs. If they lose to Montreal on saturday they will be only 5 points out of 27th place which can possibly give the Leafs a top 3 overall pick.Lets face it playoffs are not in the cards again this year, Fire Wilson chants are fun, and hopefully the Jets get in so we can see a Jets home playoff game where the fans go nuts.I think a top 3 overall pick and Wilson getting fired will be worth the pain and agony of watching this season go down the tubes.
I still would rather have them finish in a lottery to get a top 5 pick.

Interesting... the players, who didn't like Wilson, are now crapping their pants about Carlyle. Players who have played for him before say he's a real hardass coach that nobody likes. Will be fun to watch this develop. I think the leafs turnaround now out of pure fear...