Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

The Bruins are coming back to earth a little..If the Leafs win tonight it would put us only 6 pts behind them.Its pretty amazing since they were like undefeated for ever.. Also its a shame we are 0-4 against them this year..if we just won two of those games we would be leading the division.

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

wow, that's pretty crazy
Its todays NHL..its a fine line from leading the division and missing the playoffs..Especially in the case of the Southeast..A bad 10 game stretch or a good 10 game stretch makes a huge difference in the standings.
Its todays NHL..its a fine line from leading the division and missing the playoffs..Especially in the case of the Southeast..A bad 10 game stretch or a good 10 game stretch makes a huge difference in the standings.
Good teams usually dont have bad 10 game stretches...
Good teams usually dont have bad 10 game stretches...
The Bruins have lost 6 of their last 10..I consider that not very good.
The Bruins have lost 6 of their last 10..I consider that not very good.
They have lost 5, not 6. Remember, Serge, when it's the leafs, OT losses dont count as losses, right?
They have lost 5, not 6. Remember, Serge, when it's the leafs, OT losses dont count as losses, right?
whatever you say..I wont feed your attempts.
K, I can't take this anymore.Could HAVE.IT IS ENGLISH. WHAT DO YOU THINK COULD OF MEANS? BREAK IT DOWN.
is k a word?

4 games in the NHL..All Eastern teams and most of the games with teams we are chasing or are chasing us.No OT today would be a good thing.I think at this point, if the Leafs finish ok, we should make the playoffs. However the schedule is very tough this month with a lot of road games.

I have a good friend of mine getting married in May. The guys+ I have thrown around a bunch of ideas for stags, and we keep talking about going out of town. And the groom to be is a huge Leafs fans, always loved the idea of out of town Leafs games (ie Chicago, Buffalo, Mtl...)Question for Leafs fans, and non-Leafs fans:1. What do you think the chances of them making the playoffs are? I looked at the standings, looks pretty good as they stand.2. IF they make the playoffs, lets assume they are on the road to start. This year, the season ends on Saturday April 7. Is it fair to assume that the NHL would schedule it in a way so that the Leafs are on the road during the weekdays, and then home for game 3 on Saturday? (HNIC?)I was hoping the weekend of the April 13-15 they would be on the road, and we could go, but Im guessing until the schedule comes out, no way to know this and probably not a good bet, right? 3. I liked the idea of a bunch of guys just waiting until April to find out where they are headed the following week. (Boston, NY, Philly...)But......I have no idea how hard a playoff ticket in those cities would be to get in the first round. Am I being way too optimistic in thinking it wont be that hard or that ridiculously expensive to find 4-8 tickets in these cities? Any thoughts/suggestions?

3. I liked the idea of a bunch of guys just waiting until April to find out where they are headed the following week. (Boston, NY, Philly...)But......I have no idea how hard a playoff ticket in those cities would be to get in the first round. Am I being way too optimistic in thinking it wont be that hard or that ridiculously expensive to find 4-8 tickets in these cities? Any thoughts/suggestions?
I looked into getting regular season seats together for a Boston-NYR game and they were running at minimum around $175 a pop on Stubhub. I'd imagine you could safely triple that price per ticket for a playoff game and expect to pay around $450-575 per ticket for nosebleeds unless you can somehow get seats from the box office (very difficult to get 4-8 playoff tix together if you're not a season ticket holder). I would have to think the prices would be pretty similar at MSG if Toronto played the Rangers.
I looked into getting regular season seats together for a Boston-NYR game and they were running at minimum around $175 a pop on Stubhub. I'd imagine you could safely triple that price per ticket for a playoff game and expect to pay around $450-575 per ticket for nosebleeds unless you can somehow get seats from the box office (very difficult to get 4-8 playoff tix together if you're not a season ticket holder). I would have to think the prices would be pretty similar at MSG if Toronto played the Rangers.
ya, I wasnt even thinking together, just a bunch of pairs scattered around, or if really lucky, a foursome here or there. But what you said makes sense, was hoping it wasnt that hard to get.Is it fair to say in the playoffs, NYR+BOS sell out every home game? I guess Im hoping the Panthers win their division, and the Leafs finish 6th. Sunrise should still be an easy-ish ticket.
ya, I wasnt even thinking together, just a bunch of pairs scattered around, or if really lucky, a foursome here or there. But what you said makes sense, was hoping it wasnt that hard to get.Is it fair to say in the playoffs, NYR+BOS sell out every home game? I guess Im hoping the Panthers win their division, and the Leafs finish 6th. Sunrise should still be an easy-ish ticket.
The Bruins have sold out every game (regular season and playoffs) since 2009. I don't know about the Rangers but I doubt they hold playoff games at MSG to anything short of a sellout crowd. Their attendance average this season is 18,184 in a building that claims capacity to be 18,200, so there you go.