Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

He might be partly right though about the Sabres final standings last year being a mirage. They probably would have finished higher if they didn't lose arguably one of their top players, Derek Roy, for the last 47 games of the season. I wonder how well the Leafs would do if they simply lost either Kessel, Grabo, or Kulimen for over half the season. Probably kill any playoff chances they had...

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I don't need to explain all the different ways I'm going to scoop these bets, I just need to decide what I'm going to spend your money on. Probably paying off losing bets...I seem to have lost all prop control again.
I know you are delusional when it comes to your team..I used to be that way, for a long time..But after a while it passes and you see the truth...Pegula , schemugula IMO FWIW FTW :club:
He might be partly right though about the Sabres final standings last year being a mirage. They probably would have finished higher if they didn't lose arguably one of their top players, Derek Roy, for the last 47 games of the season. I wonder how well the Leafs would do if they simply lost either Kessel, Grabo, or Kulimen for over half the season. Probably kill any playoff chances they had...
Ok Ill play...**EDIT nevermind..**EDIT again...Dont want to piss off Steve and educate the fish.
Ok Ill play...**EDIT nevermind..It doesnt involve Zetterberg or Datysuk you wont get it.
What? I am not playing with you at all. You said above, and maybe it wasn't your intention but the words come out this way, that the Sabres finished higher than they should have. It was a mirage. I agreed that is was a mirage but in a different way. I think they finish higher if they had Roy in their lineup for more than 35 games. Losing a 70 pt player and still making the playoffs means that your team has depth to cover that player. Of course being a Leafs fan you don't know much about watching a team with depth. Sorry, I had to throw in a dig.I have no idea what you mean by the Z or Pavs comment. Unlike you I watch much more hockey than just my home team.
What? I am not playing with you at all. You said above, and maybe it wasn't your intention but the words come out this way, that the Sabres finished higher than they should have. It was a mirage. I agreed that is was a mirage but in a different way. I think they finish higher if they had Roy in their lineup for more than 35 games. Losing a 70 pt player and still making the playoffs means that your team has depth to cover that player. Of course being a Leafs fan you don't know much about watching a team with depth. Sorry, I had to throw in a dig.I have no idea what you mean by the Z or Pavs comment. Unlike you I watch much more hockey than just my home team.
I quickly edited my comments to stop this sort of expected response..GO STEVEI love your cat..but we dont agree..Its ok..
I quickly edited my comments to stop this sort of expected response..GO STEVEI love your cat..but we dont agree..Its ok..
What response? I am not mad. Just looking to have a discussion to get me through my day. I don't agree with you and I have said why, twice, and all you want to do is pretend I am angry and not explain your side of things and call me a fish? Ok, whatever. Discussion is over. You win.Any other Leaf fan want to take over and have a civil fun discussion about it? Wayne? Dave? Chris? Anyone? I am bored.
What response? I am not mad. Just looking to have a discussion to get me through my day. I don't agree with you and I have said why, twice, and all you want to do is pretend I am angry and not explain your side of things and call me a fish? Ok, whatever. Discussion is over. You win.Any other Leaf fan want to take over and have a civil fun discussion about it? Wayne? Dave? Chris? Anyone? I am bored.
I tried to explain with some solid numbers..The Leafs in the second half and the Leafs in the first half were two different teams..Mainly based on goaltending, mainly based on the fact that our captain had a very serious injury that took a while to recover from..With the addition of Connolly , Liles and Franson ..And with the ability to put players in more realistic positions ie Bozak on the third line and Kadri on the wing, this team will be immensely improved..Just a few points i can go on.

Looks like a good option for the 4th line centre position or depth either on the Leafs or marlies:ASSETS: Is a solid defensive forward with face-off ability and shutdown tendencies. Can be used with the game on the line.FLAWS: Doesn't have enough offensive acumen to play a top-six forward role at the NHL level. Also lacks ideal size for the highest level.CAREER POTENTIAL: Defensive depth forward.

Any other Leaf fan want to take over and have a civil fun discussion about it? Wayne? Dave? Chris? Anyone? I am bored.
No thanks. I am hungry and have to run off to take my son to his soccer game and my daughter to her baseball game.In between I might grab a ice cream cone from the truck with my 3 year old. She never finishes it and I have to take over.

Looks like a one year, two way deal for $650000...Good signing...will fight for the 4th line job.

Not going to bother reading, but since he's clearly French-Canadian, I assume it's the Habs?
You got it..Some funny stuff..Favourite Drink..Beer..CoronaTurn off Bad Breath

Re: Buffalo vs. Toronto in 2011-2012I don't follow Buffalo closely enough to make an accurate prediction of where they will finish.regarding the Leafs, I am cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season.As usual, there are a lot of IFs, I'll start with the biggest one,IF James Reimer carries over his play for a full season,IF the Grabovski/Kulemin/Mac line has a similar season from last yearIF we get some offense from our third line (Armstrong/ Bozak/Lombardi /Kadri?)If Dion plays like he did in the last 30 games last yearthen the Leafs will be a top 6 team in the east. I think just Reimer playing like he did last year, over a full season, along with our offseason additions, will be enough to get us in the playoffs, barring a pile of injuries.

Re: Buffalo vs. Toronto in 2011-2012I don't follow Buffalo closely enough to make an accurate prediction of where they will finish.regarding the Leafs, I am cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season.As usual, there are a lot of IFs, I'll start with the biggest one,IF James Reimer carries over his play for a full season,IF the Grabovski/Kulemin/Mac line has a similar season from last yearIF we get some offense from our third line (Armstrong/ Bozak/Lombardi /Kadri?)If Dion plays like he did in the last 30 games last yearthen the Leafs will be a top 6 team in the east. I think just Reimer playing like he did last year, over a full season, along with our offseason additions, will be enough to get us in the playoffs, barring a pile of injuries.
Very good i feel the exact same way..The thing is every team has a lot of ifs..The good thing is on paper the Leafs have a good chance to challenge for a top seeding this year...
Define top seeding....
If everything goes right and there are no major injuries the team is capable of being a 4-6 seeded team..Ok not TOP seed but toppish seed..Sure most wont agree..but its there.
If EVERYTHING goes right in Toronto, Washington, Philly, Pittsburgh, Boston are all still better, and probably Tampa. Probably even New Jersey.
Hmm Washington sure...Philly blew up its core and not sure I like the replacements.Boston..Will have the natural Stanley Cup hangover but they are a very solid team.Pittsburgh...Crosby is still a question mark and Malkin is coming off huge surgery..I dont like what they have done in the off season..Nothing significant.Tampa is tough to gauge..They maybe better.New Jersey...I dont think they can make the playoffs..The only teams that are CLEARLY better off than the Leafs right now are Washington and Boston.
Hmm Washington sure...Philly blew up its core and not sure I like the replacements.Boston..Will have the natural Stanley Cup hangover but they are a very solid team.Pittsburgh...Crosby is still a question mark and Malkin is coming off huge surgery..I dont like what they have done in the off season..Nothing significant.Tampa is tough to gauge..They maybe better.New Jersey...I dont think they can make the playoffs..The only teams that are CLEARLY better off than the Leafs right now are Washington and Boston.
Pittsburgh was in a fight for the best team in the NHL before Sid AND Geno went down, they didn't have to make any adjustments. Glad they haven't, to be honest.NJ will surprise just as much this year as they did last year. Look at their record in the last 30 games, as you seemingly love to do with the Leafs. Kovalchuk was deadly, AND they were without their best player all season.
I think 6th is a pretty reasonable plateau for the Leafs if everything goes right.
I am naturally more optimistic than you..6th is the lower end of my ranking for the Leafs..4th to 7th is where I am looking at..6th would be a good year..4th would be a GREAT year..Making the playoffs would be an ok year..Missing the playoffs, just dont want to go there .