Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Yeah I will be doing maybe a 2 days, 3 tops. And one of you will need to be my mother an make sure I stay somewhat lucid.
I'm pretty sure you were my responsibility last time. How well did that work out?
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Ok, what's the bet? Buffalo vs Toronto, total league points at the end of the season, straight up? I'm good with any friendly number, so anywhere from $0-$300.
I will bet $25..If you want to bet who will more improved I will bet anything up to $100Which ever team has more points than they did the previous year..If you are so confident in your cap circumventing players you will book.
Yeah I will be doing maybe a 2 days, 3 tops. And one of you will need to be my mother an make sure I stay somewhat lucid.
I can do that but I am not staying at IP. John got the penthouse suite and it had cigarette burns on the sheets.
I will bet $25..If you want to bet who will more improved I will bet anything up to $100Which ever team has more points than they did the previous year..If you are so confident in your cap circumventing players you will book.
Booked on the $25 for Buffalo finishing higher than Toronto in the standings. You're saying that if Buffalo improves their 96 points to 102 for a net gain of 6 points and Toronto improves their 85 points to 90 for a net gain of 5 points, that I win $100?If that's the bet, I'll book that one too.
Booked on the $25 for Buffalo finishing higher than Toronto in the standings. You're saying that if Buffalo improves their 96 points to 102 for a net gain of 6 points and Toronto improves their 85 points to 90 for a net gain of 5 points, that I win $100?If that's the bet, I'll book that one too.
Yes thats the serious bet of the bunch..its a lock IMO..BOOK IT BOTHOH and the 82 Gm minimum clause is in effect:)
I can do that but I am not staying at IP. John got the penthouse suite and it had cigarette burns on the sheets.
I think I'm taking Dubey's lead next year and staying at the Cosmo or Encore. At least, that's what's in my head, we'll see what actually happens.
Yes thats the serious bet of the bunch..its a lock IMO..BOOK IT BOTHOH and the 82 Gm minimum clause is in effect:)
Ok, both booked. Dale, I literally just busted a gut in my office.
Ok, both booked. Dale, I literally just busted a gut in my office.
Quoted to rub it in later. After every Sabre loss and every mistake by Ehrhoff..Ehrhoff is the new Lebda
I think I'm taking Dubey's lead next year and staying at the Cosmo or Encore. At least, that's what's in my head, we'll see what actually happens.
encore encore encore all the way.though I never did check out Marquee.By the way, I'll do the Sabres-Leafs bet at $20, but I want 3-2 odds, any takers?also, re: Agent %, SJ was right, as usual:Dave: hey dude, random question, what % of your salary goes to Octagon?Dev: pretty sure its 4%, but might be 3%
encore encore encore all the way.though I never did check out Marquee.By the way, I'll do the Sabres-Leafs bet at $20, but I want 3-2 odds, any takers?also, re: Agent %, SJ was right, as usual:Dave: hey dude, random question, what % of your salary goes to Octagon?Dev: pretty sure its 4%, but might be 3%
You see, I am a sucker. I give the bet up for even money.
Dont worry brother we are good..We will tell Kessel next week and he will make it all good.
I dunno, I thought I had heard that agents get 10-15% as a standard, but now that I'm really thinking about it those numbers were for music agents and I just assumed it was a standard across all industries. Funny thing, I was poking around looking at how NHL players get paid at the end of the day, and apparently NHL players are subject to a 9.5% escrow to ensure a proper split between players and owners. AHL players are obviously not subject to this...so Wade Redden is in effect getting a 9.5% rebate on his $6.5 million contract by playing in the AHL.
I bet everything even money when possible...when the odds and percentages start coming into play I start to back away because I'm terrible at calculating what's fair so I always feel like I'm coming off on the losing end.
I think your brother needs an Accountant to be his agent. I know a good one.
Hehe, but his agent is Mike Liut, can you beat that?
One of the best goalies when I was growing up..Vaive used to blow a lot by him though..St Louis Blues great.
Hehe, but his agent is Mike Liut, can you beat that?
Considering he got his Law degree in Detroit means he paid $100 for his LLB, yes I can beat that.

Now that the bets are booked i will explain why this bet is one of the worst bets Adam probably made..At first glance the Leafs finished 11 pts behind the Sabres in the standings..This is a mirage, we all know the Leafs were very good since the All star break, and if it wasnt for a dismal November the buds would of had 95 pts..True that the Sabres also were good at the end....but its a mirage as well..If we look at how the teams have improved this year, its not even close..I dont want to divulge too many secrets so i dont lose future action but i sort of feel bad for Adam and the cities of Tonawanda and Cheektowaga.One tidbit to consider..James Reimer 20 - 10 - 4GustoGiggy combo (who played most of the early part) 17 - 24 - 6The GAA and Sv% numbers were way better with Optimus Reim.Adding Liles,Connolly, Franson and possibly Lombardi to an already blossoming offense , is just ridicolously scary to the Eastern Conference.Bozak is a great player but not a natural top line guy..Also having to play Kadri in a wing position will enable another scoring line to blossom.And yes ARP, I am in mid season form.Sorry Adam for the loss of the bet.One last thing, for those that are good at searching check the Leafs record with Lebda and without..Its scariness to the nth degree if you are Adam.

I don't need to explain all the different ways I'm going to scoop these bets, I just need to decide what I'm going to spend your money on. Probably paying off losing bets...I seem to have lost all prop control again.