Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

these rumors are such BS
They usually are if its only Eklund. HNIC is a little more respected and has more legitimate reasoning and connections.Burke will pull something off, I am convinced of this. I dont think Tavares is a good fit in Tampa, if they are going to hang onto Vinny.
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

They usually are if its only Eklund. HNIC is a little more respected and has more legitimate reasoning and connections.Burke will pull something off, I am convinced of this. I dont think Tavares is a good fit in Tampa, if they are going to hang onto Vinny.
The Hot Stove guys are horrible for creating rumours.

I read on TSN where Wang was sorry he bought the Isles on TSN. If he's smart, he'd hang on to Tavares to boost his team's value, in case he wants to wash his hands free of the franchise.

Tampa would not do any deal where they take on salary, like Kaberle. They get an entry level superstar with their pick, which means cheap talent. They can NOT afford to take any salary on, so any rumour that has them taking players for the pick is pure nonsense.

Tampa would not do any deal where they take on salary, like Kaberle. They get an entry level superstar with their pick, which means cheap talent. They can NOT afford to take any salary on, so any rumour that has them taking players for the pick is pure nonsense.
They could if they traded Vinny...
I can't imagine the package Toronto would have to put forward to get Vinny and the 1st rounder, lol.
They don't have enough to offer a package...

you guys are thinking only as a hockey trade..There is a lot of things Toronto could offer Tampa, a team that is in financial turmoil...The Leafs can take all kinds of money back in any trade.Just stay tuned.

you guys are thinking only as a hockey trade..There is a lot of things Toronto could offer Tampa, a team that is in financial turmoil...The Leafs can take all kinds of money back in any trade.Just stay tuned.
That's very true, but how do you do that?Taking salary would mean taking a big ticket off their hands, and that would mean a star player. So, what can Toronto offer to TB for Lecavalier AND the number 2 overall pick???

Very exciting news. Just heard through a client of mine, who is a player agent that the likelihood of Tavares being a Maple Leaf next year is greater than 80%.Brian Burke has told the Leafs brass that he will make EVERYTHING happen to make sure Tavares is a Leaf.Very exciting times to be a Leaf fan for sure.

Update time: it's May 5th, 2009And the Leafs still suck
and the Senators are worse
Very exciting news. Just heard through a client of mine, who is a player agent that the likelihood of Tavares being a Maple Leaf next year is greater than 80%.Brian Burke has told the Leafs brass that he will make EVERYTHING happen to make sure Tavares is a Leaf.Very exciting times to be a Leaf fan for sure.
I sense someone coming in with a bet request, since you just gave the odds.
I sense someone coming in with a bet request, since you just gave the odds.
I think after two long hard years of getting his ass kicked prop betting with me, serge has realized that A) he is not the best prop bettor in the world as he claims b ) he is not a genious and C) if he spouts outlandish BULLshit, I will call him on it, make him back it up or back down, and he will either lose money or lose face. I love my life...
I think after two long hard years of getting his ass kicked prop betting with me, serge has realized that A) he is not the best prop bettor in the world as he claims b ) he is not a genious and C) if he spouts outlandish BULLshit, I will call him on it, make him back it up or back down, and he will either lose money or lose face. I love my life...
how come when you make outlandish statements that you have heard from a source, that never pan out, you dont get called out..hmmmm

Put me in the minority but,a.) I'd rather have Hedman than Tavaresb.) I'm terrified about what Burke is going to trade away to get tavares, rather than excited.I don't know, I'm a little wary of putting all of our eggs in one basket, when Tavares' stats have actually dropped since his age-16 year, and he has been repeatadly criticized for his lack of effort, and inadequate defensive zone work. He may turn out to be a great player, but I don't want top hitch the future of our franchise on a single prospect.There has been talk of kaberle + Schenn + our pick for Tampas pick. I don't think Tampa would make that trade, I think Burke would have to overpay more than that, and I don't think I'd want to make that trade anyway. If we are hell-bent on trading Kaberle, we can probably package him for a decent roster player + a mid 1st round pick.would you rather have:a.) John Tavaresorb.)-Luke Schenn-Jared Cowan/Brayden Schenn (7th overall pick)-Ryan Ellis (10-15 pick, acquired from kaberle trade)-decent roster player (acquired from kaberle trade)the only semi-feasible situation that I would support is Burke getting a steal of a deal from Tampa that involves us taking on a couple bad contracts for a few years.

They may be playing game sevens in Washington and hopefully Boston...But the talk of hockey still is the Toronto Maple Leafs.Book it

Needs a bump...Cant fall off the first page..Talked Burke last night..He has some insane plans that is gonna blow the hockey world apart.

This is pretty spectacular.
omg I love it , awesome
Talked Burke last night..He has some insane plans that is gonna blow the hockey world apart
that could be scary lol

I may be mistaken but wasn't their a report at around the trade deadline that said Tampa Bay offered their first round pick for Luke Schenn? I dont look too much into the rumour that the teams swap picks and the Leafs add Schenn+Kaberle when the original deal was Schenn for the pick, and the Leafs rejected it.

Thanks buddy...I literally just got goose bumps..Watched it back to back twice...It brought back so many memories from my youth..It obviously sounds cheesy but I am SO PROUD to be a Leafs fan...I cant wait till we are back to playoff hockey.Thanks again Zach, this made my evening.
Thanks buddy...I literally just got goose bumps..Watched it back to back twice...It brought back so many memories from my youth..It obviously sounds cheesy but I am SO PROUD to be a Leafs fan...I cant wait till we are back to playoff hockey.Thanks again Zach, this made my evening.