• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Kinda nailed it. Which means nothing since I got just about every other series wrong...

FWIW here’s how I see it....

Goaltending: even. Rask at his best is better, but very easily put off his game by a bump or even a mistake by his own team Andersen steadier but still capable of a stinker.

Defensive: well, yeah. Toronto is not good. And not tough. In my mind, Boston’s only handicap is if they play chara too much. Toronto’s speed and cheating out of the zone will make chara look like a statue.

Forwards: interesting. Toronto is infinitely more talented. Boston is more experienced. The longer the series goes the more Toronto’s youth and speed will play. But that all depends on....

Coaching: edge, Boston. If Babcock is stubborn in his minutes allotment and adjustments, the Boston edge becomes larger.

All in all, I agree with dubey. Very close to a coin flip.

If Babcock is stubborn in his minutes allotment and adjustments

Big discussion on Spittin' Chiclets about this. Matthews at 18:48 vs Hyman at 18:15 in a game 7 is a joke to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I gotta bump this thread.
Where are all you Leaf Nation guys? Greater Toronto area gotta be boiling atm, its gotta be fun.
Norway is not the right place to be :)
All the best during the final games ending the season, lets hope Freddie gets well so that he can
carry you guys past round 1 this time

34 minutes ago, ProxyCentauri said:

I gotta bump this thread.
Where are all you Leaf Nation guys? Greater Toronto area gotta be boiling atm, its gotta be fun.
Norway is not the right place to be :)
All the best during the final games ending the season, lets hope Freddie gets well so that he can
carry you guys past round 1 this time

Campbell is the goalie hope this year. Freddie is banged up and to be honest hasn't been good for a couple years now.

Most of the hockey guys from the forum are in pools together and the discussion has moved to Slack for the pools.

2 minutes ago, FCP Bob said:

Campbell is the goalie hope this year. Freddie is banged up and to be honest hasn't been good for a couple years now.

Most of the hockey guys from the forum are in pools together and the discussion has moved to Slack for the pools.

Uhuh, ok. Well, coming from Scandinavia, I obviously cheer for Freddie a bit. Tbh, he hasnt looked like himself for the better part of at least 2 seasons,
and I have a strong suspicion it has to do with injuries. He was run into the ground when the franchise still was in rebuild mode.
Not only did he play a lot of games but we are talking evenings that involved 40+ shots on a regular basis. Modern goaltending on NHL level is
brutal on knees, ligaments etc. Dubas has spent too much on your top 4 guys and it shows particularly well regarding the goaltending stuff.
But ok, this is Campbell's chance. If he is involved in taking the Leafs past round 1 he will allready be a legend in Leaf Nation.