Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

times have changed. There is a lot of talk that offer sheets will be real. The days of star players not getting paid for their RFA years are over.

I said this earlier to a friend about offer sheets. I'll believe it once I see it. Just once. This decade, just one.

Reading Elliotte's 31, you certainly get the impression from him he thinks its getting closer to happening, but Im not so sure. I guess if you're the Leafs, its probably not worth taking the chance.

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I said this earlier to a friend about offer sheets. I'll believe it once I see it. Just once. This decade, just one.

Sort of like an Anaheim Ducks win. You lose 18 in a row, im not betting on you winning the next one, just cause you're due

Would you trade Kapanen to rent Panarin?

What about Johnsson and a 2nd?

I was reading an article this morning about possible trades for Panarin and Leafs came up. Made me wonder what they would give up just to rent a star for 1 run.

Would you trade Kapanen to rent Panarin?

What about Johnsson and a 2nd?

I was reading an article this morning about possible trades for Panarin and Leafs came up. Made me wonder what they would give up just to rent a star for 1 run.

This is interesting..I would consider those options. Especially Johnsson and a second...I like Johnsson but Panarin is ELITE and would make a huge difference in a Cup run..

I say let a team offer sheet Marner, take the 4 1sts. Use the money to sign Panarin.

I dont like this at all...Marner is a special player with unique talents...4 firsts are good, but not for a team that has a 5-6 year window to win a cup..

Panarin isnt going to come to Toronto. He will sign in Florida

Thought I would share this:

One of my best friends, when he was 15 and I was 17...decided he would sleepover on Carlton St the night before Leafs playofff tickets went on sale.

So, a few of us drove down to the Gardens, and we dropped him off on a Friday night at 7/8pm, and left him there.(great friends huh?)

He made friends with these older guys in line right behind him, and they helped us by buying some tickets for us.....so 8 of us friends went to 4? playoff games, 4 people at a time. (ya, I was once a pretty big Leafs fan.lol)

The friends he made that night in line would then go on to hire him the following year as part of a high school co-op, and start him off on a 25 year career path, at a business where he would meet people who would marry into his family.

To this day, those friends are some of his best friends. And over the years one friend in particular and my buddy would pair up to become Leafs season tix holders, and they would go on Leafs road trips to Chicago/Buffalo/Mtl.

This year, my friend, his sister, and the lifelong friend he met in line that night, decided they would travel to see the Leafs in every other original 6 city. They did Chicago in the fall, Detroit last week, Mtl tonight, NYR tomorrow. Not sure if Boston was done already or will be.

He sent me pics tonight, looked so cool to be in Mtl as a Leafs fan.

I shared this because its the Leafs, but more so, as I was telling his story to other friends tonight, I realized how incredible life is. The idea that he made lifelong friends/mentors that night in line for a Leafs playoff game, and we had to drop him off at the EXACT moment to put him in that spot in line....crazy to think how life works, where love of sports can lead.

anyway, Go Leafs Go. haha

• Like 3

The Passion That Unites Us All

One of my best friends, when he was 15 and I was 17...decided he would sleepover on Carlton St the night before Leafs playofff tickets went on sale.

So, a few of us drove down to the Gardens, and we dropped him off on a Friday night at 7/8pm, and left him there.(great friends huh?)

He made friends with these older guys in line right behind him, and they helped us by buying some tickets for us.....so 8 of us friends went to 4? playoff games, 4 people at a time. (ya, I was once a pretty big Leafs fan.lol)

The friends he made that night in line would then go on to hire him the following year as part of a high school co-op, and start him off on a 25 year career path, at a business where he would meet people who would marry into his family.

To this day, those friends are some of his best friends. And over the years one friend in particular and my buddy would pair up to become Leafs season tix holders, and they would go on Leafs road trips to Chicago/Buffalo/Mtl.

This year, my friend, his sister, and the lifelong friend he met in line that night, decided they would travel to see the Leafs in every other original 6 city. They did Chicago in the fall, Detroit last week, Mtl tonight, NYR tomorrow. Not sure if Boston was done already or will be.

He sent me pics tonight, looked so cool to be in Mtl as a Leafs fan.

I shared this because its the Leafs, but more so, as I was telling his story to other friends tonight, I realized how incredible life is. The idea that he made lifelong friends/mentors that night in line for a Leafs playoff game, and we had to drop him off at the EXACT moment to put him in that spot in line....crazy to think how life works, where love of sports can lead.

anyway, Go Leafs Go. haha

Awesome story.

Along those lines: In 2008 some college buddies of mine came into town for a weekend which included back-to-back nights of Dave Matthews Band shows. After the 2nd night, I was on the phone with some friends trying to guide them to where we were parked for some post show tailgating when my college friends ended up 20-30 yards from our car talking to a group of 4 girls around our age. Once my other friends found me, we walked over to join the group. Hung out for probably 30-40 minutes, had some beers, and went on our way.

The very next weekend, I'm in line going into a bar downtown. The girl in front of me turns around laughing and says "We met last weekend after Dave!". We talked in line, had a beer together inside, and, again, went on our way.

Seven months later on St Paddy's Day (observed), I start drinking at 6am, of course, for the parade and I'm at a bar mid-afternoon when two of the same girls walk in the bar. I yell at them, they remember me, so we talk for a while. We decide we should tailgate at dmb that summer so they give me their number. We did....and they are now 2 of my best friends. My kids call them Aunt Linda and Aunt Laura and they are often at my "family only" events.

• Like 1

The day before heading to Vegas historically for me has been like Christmas Eve as a kid, waiting for the morning presents opening. Its so exciting. Especially the last hour of the drive when the billboards are popping up...

This trip is especially exciting as we will be at the Leafs game with my boys. Wife decided she rather spend some time at the spa rather than watch the game.

We are hoping for a win and to see Auston's 100th career goal.

Should be fun

Also want to thank the NHL scheduler. Last year before the schedule came out we planned to celebrate my wifes 40th in Vegas for New Years..The Leafs were in Vegas for new years.

This year Adrian's tournament which we registered for WAY in advance is this weekend with and the Leafs are in Vegas again. Thanks NHL for the schedule.

What an amazing night. If you are a hockey fan and you go to Vegas this is a must event you need to see. It’s just so different than anywhere else. Was a perfect night for us with the kids. We saw an amazing game , lots of goals and we got to see Auston’s 100 career goal ( and 101).

To top it off we happened to find them coming out at the bus and the look on my sons face when Matthews waved to him was beyond priceless.

Interesting tidbit I have been in attendance to see 6% of Auston’s Career goals. Considering I have never seen him in Toronto play it’s pretty cool

• Like 2

how bad has his coaching been ?

I actually think the Leafs have been playing really well, even in the losses.

His player usage just makes me want to bang my head against a wall though. Hainsey and Zaitsev playing more 5v5 minutes than Muzzin and Dermott is just unacceptable. He just can’t help himself and consistently throws our two worst players (by far IMO) into a lot of high leverage situations and it’s just not necessary. some of the forward allocations don’t make any sense either, though they are less damaging because the Leafs have a lot of good Forwards so it’s hard to screw that up too bad.

• Like 1

I was listening to Marc Savard, and he was complaining about the same thing (Hainsey should be 3rd pairing, Muzzin #1...Marleau should be #4 line)

And I was thinking, maybe this current lineup isnt going to be what Babcock is going to use in the playoffs? Maybe he's just easing Muzzin in. I feel like it sounds like Im making excuses, but who knows how Muzzin feels right now, what Babcocks long term plan is.

I guess there is something to be said though if by game 70 you arent using playoff ready lineups

I was listening to Marc Savard, and he was complaining about the same thing (Hainsey should be 3rd pairing, Muzzin #1...Marleau should be #4 line)

And I was thinking, maybe this current lineup isnt going to be what Babcock is going to use in the playoffs? Maybe he's just easing Muzzin in. I feel like it sounds like Im making excuses, but who knows how Muzzin feels right now, what Babcocks long term plan is.

I guess there is something to be said though if by game 70 you arent using playoff ready lineups

I was listening to the same thing.

Glad to hear that Savard is back doing something. He seems to be on the know about stuff. I remember he was tweeting out about Nylander and the figures involved. He was bang on.

I’ll believe it when I see it, but given past history, colour me extremely skeptical.