Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

It was a fun night at Keybank. I purposely purchased seats where the Leafs shot twice. So we only saw 1 Leafs goal(Marleau) since the rest were on the other side. I have issues seeing that far so I had to see the reaction on the other side to know if the Leafs scored.

We (Otto and my 14 year old daughter) has to wait for my buddy to get off work at 407/Keele at 4 pm. We jumped on the 407 Let me tell you that’s a beautiful highway. Flying down around 140 km was nice but once we hit the qew at Hamilton it jammed up. Took us 2 hours but if we didn’t take the 407 it would have been 3 hours as per google maps. So only had to grab something quick to eat we got subway (no chips)

Game was seriously fun but as there was a lot of Leafs fans in attendance we had Sabres fans in very close proximity. The noise in the building when the Leafs score is really fun. It is pretty close to the siren when the Sabres score It’s that loud.

Also you know it’s fun when your 14 year old daughter thinks it was cool hanging out with her father and brother

The way home was quick since we had to leave right away since my buddy had to get up at 6 am to get to work

Not sure when the next away Leafs game will be since Otto wants to be with his buddy on New Year’s Eve so no Columbus now. Might make a Raptors away game in Detroit during March break

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Also you know it's fun when your 14 year old daughter thinks it was cool hanging out with her father and brother

thats pretty awesome to read.

glad you all enjoyed it and got the W too.

(407 is great, but when you live and work right off it, the bills add up fast for the whole family! lol)

It was a fun night at Keybank. I purposely purchased seats where the Leafs shot twice. So we only saw 1 Leafs goal(Marleau) since the rest were on the other side. I have issues seeing that far so I had to see the reaction on the other side to know if the Leafs scored.

We (Otto and my 14 year old daughter) has to wait for my buddy to get off work at 407/Keele at 4 pm. We jumped on the 407 Let me tell you that's a beautiful highway. Flying down around 140 km was nice but once we hit the qew at Hamilton it jammed up. Took us 2 hours but if we didn't take the 407 it would have been 3 hours as per google maps. So only had to grab something quick to eat we got subway (no chips)

Game was seriously fun but as there was a lot of Leafs fans in attendance we had Sabres fans in very close proximity. The noise in the building when the Leafs score is really fun. It is pretty close to the siren when the Sabres score It's that loud.

Also you know it's fun when your 14 year old daughter thinks it was cool hanging out with her father and brother

The way home was quick since we had to leave right away since my buddy had to get up at 6 am to get to work

Not sure when the next away Leafs game will be since Otto wants to be with his buddy on New Year's Eve so no Columbus now. Might make a Raptors away game in Detroit during March break

February 14 ..Vegas

Hyman-Tavares-Marner

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander

Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen

Ennis-Lindholm-Brown

Rielly-Hainsey

Gardiner-Zaitsev

Dermott-Ozhiganov

Marincin-Holl

Sparks

Andersen

• 3 weeks later...

Lot of club records are on pace to be broken. The main one for me is Rick Vaive's 54 goals(since he is my favorite of all time) ..We thought the best chance was Matthews but with the injury it will be tough..That one probably is still safe.

The most point by a dman record is Turnbull with 79...And goals is Turnbull and Iafrate with 22...Those are possibly gonna come down if Reilly keeps up the pace..

As amazing a season as Marner is having with the assists, i was pretty surprised to see Dougie put up 95 one year..That record will be safe for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Kapanen

I dont know..The rumors of him not being a good teammate, and being traded so often is not a good thing..It would mean Gardiner is gone for sure. Im not too familiar with his defensive prowess..I know he scored a bunch but not as much this year..

Looks like some changes in the lines and the PP tonight..Interesting stuff

Not sure how I feel about Auston being dropped to the second unit..

PP1 Tavares, Marner, Reilly, Kadri, Kapanen

PP2 Matthews, Nylander, Marleau, Gardiner, Johnsson

Still that second unit would be top unit on a lot of teams. I dont know the numbers but typically the second unit plays significantly less I am assuming. Last year Matthews played less PP time as well

Dubey

Your thoughts on Zach Hyman ?

I am not Dubey but my thoughts on Hyman

https://www.thestar....key_empire.html

He is also really into children. 2 years ago, I was asked by a Jewish Charity for terminally ill kids to look at a hockey collection. It was mainly 90s stuff (so junk). There were some older cards and I gave them a value of $2,000. So I offer them $1,200. We settle on the price and he than asked me if I had any Hyman cards since he was coming next week to meet the kids. I said let me know but if they want I can get them 8x10s. He said he would love 8x10s and asked if he can get 5. I gave them 25 and they were thrilled. The next day they asked if I wanted to attend the meet and greet with Hyman with my son. I decline since I think Otto and I would stick out like a sore thumb.

My brother is/was a personal trainer, and talks a lot about how he trained Hyman before the prospect combine. Says he’s the hardest worker he’s ever trained. Not sure that’s a huge endorsement since he usually trains 60-year old Forest Hills moms and not professional athletes but better than if he didn’t work as hard as them I guess.

Dubey

Your thoughts on Zach Hyman ?

A good player who’s contributions are probably a little overhyped by the media. A good, cost controlled asset for the next few years though which is important considering some of the big contracts that are imminent. I’d be surprised if his next Contract in 3 years is with the Leafs.

Who's moved; Nylander or Kapanen? Or do you think neither will be traded?

I still believe Nylander is the much better player. However night in and night out so far Kapanen has been much much better. SO FAR

• 2 weeks later...

@MapleLeafs

Follow Follow @MapleLeafs

More

.@SportChek Player Alert: The @MapleLeafs have acquired defenceman Jake Muzzin from Los Angeles in exchange for forward Carl Grundstrom, the rights to Sean Durzi and Toronto’s first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft.