• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

3 minutes before the deadline at the same number that was floated by Marc Savard 3 weeks ago..... I feel like this has been an elaborate troll by everyone involved

• Like 1

exactly

Also the same cap-circumventing structure that was widely speculated before the season. This was always coming right down to the wire. I’d be surprised if it was ever truly in danger of not happening.

Also the same cap-circumventing structure that was widely speculated before the season. This was always coming right down to the wire. I’d be surprised if it was ever truly in danger of not happening.

Nylander only loses about $200K by not signing this before the season and that doesnt even account for taxes and escrow... plus he's well rested.

Also the same cap-circumventing structure that was widely speculated before the season. This was always coming right down to the wire. I'd be surprised if it was ever truly in danger of not happening.

Yup!

I haven't paid as much attention to all this as most have, so I'm not so sure....but wasn't that brought up as the best case scenario for both sides, as you said, months ago?

Leafs could give him that much if they signed him so late?

I wonder if this was all signed long before, what he would think now with all the fans that called him and his father greedy.

Im reading all this as you guys prob are, but ill just note this:

If Nylander plays well next couple of years, with so much of the money being upfront, he sure is going to be a great trade chip to send to a team who cannot afford to spend to the cap.

that of course is IF they felt like trading him

Looks like a trade is pending. Dermott being loaned to the Marlies to free up a spot for Nylander. He is waiver exempt. He has played well and most likely will stay with the Leafs

Looks like a bottom end forward will be traded. Speculations are it’s Leivo.

better than losing him for nothing in waivers

Correct..Needed the roster spot for Nylander..We werent sending Dermott to Marlies..Holl and Marincin would of had to clear waivers..Which they would of been claimed probably

Carcone looks like he is a GTA boy from Ajax..He scored a lot in the Q, but so do a lot of others.

Probably an AHL guy with limited chance to make the big club.

From Babcock comments doesnt look like Willy gets in by tomorrow..I could be wrong...I like to have him back for sure before the Bruins game.

I am really confused as how this Nylander deal is legal under cap...Ton of the money is bonus and upfront..His base salary next year is like $700k

I am really confused as how this Nylander deal is legal under cap...Ton of the money is bonus and upfront..His base salary next year is like $700k

Signing bonuses I think

Signing bonuses I think

Exactly what it is. It’s an advantage to a team like the Leafs. I’ve read that Nylander will get close to $20 million in 18 months up front. Arizona can’t compete with that

Auston Matthews after seeing Laine score his 100th goal in 179 games. "Hold my beer, I got this"

He needs 14 goals in 23 games to beat him. Dont count him out.

Hmm..This could still happen..needs 11 in 21 games..

Maybe its best Auston take like 10 game slots off and just tears it up the rest of the games.

I watched bits of the BUF/TOR game last night, it was like a playoff games for 75% of it.

It was exciting but I prefer to avoid that team in the playoffs...Fast, skill on both sides..Good goaltending makes it exciting.