• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Ill echo everyone else's feelings..Its just wow..Having watched this team for the last 38 years, I havent been more amazed then what I am seeing..Sure its early, sure its only a few games..

And I know Matthews 50% Shooting Percentage will go down, but every shift this team is on the ice there is a scoring chance it seems...

We cant obviously sustain giving up 4-5 goals a game and be a winning team. Its not realistic. Scoring is up across the league in the early going, so I am not too worried about our defense..

I am only going to mention this, because I feel soon as I do a signing might happen..It would seem we are doing ok currently without William Nylander. Tough to argue to pay a player $8 million a year when he cant crack your top PP unit. Im still pretty confident he will sign and things will be merry but what are some other options?

What sort of player could he bring back? Is a top pairing dman realistic? I think as good as Nylander is , top pairing dman are VERY tough to find. The Leafs can afford to wait it out. Can Nylander? Dec 1 is the deadline then he is done for the year.

Ok now we should get the text soon that he signed right?

The Leafs have the perfect team for today's NHL.

Bob Mckenzie talking about Tavares having 3 secondary assist and that he shouldn't have been credited for 1 of them because it went of Kadri's skate is laughable.

It’s pretty cool to see names of Gretzky and Orr coming up with respect to records being broken.

Brian Burke made some bad moves but thanks for Morgan.

Imagine we got Yakupov and the Oilers got Reilly.

How about if we end up with Dubois instead of Matthews.

And I love Dubois. Have to get a little lucky with the draft too.

Variance says Leafs get shutout tonight right?

Well I dont think this team knows variance...Lets keep it rolling.

While I love the 7-6 games, I am very happy with a game we give up only 2 goals..Freddie played really well..As good as the Leafs are playing I still dont think we have seen them put it all together yet..

• 3 weeks later...

We were on such a high to start the season..Now we are a little sad..

I think things will balance out in the end and Tavares signing now is bigger than ever...I really like Kadri playing a bigger role with better line mates..

The shitty part is Matthews will likely miss the California trip..I am hoping to go to at least one game here.

I really didnt expect the Nylander situation to drag on this long. We are under 3 weeks away from shutting his NHL season down. You would think thats not going to happen but who knows..

I really didnt expect the Nylander situation to drag on this long. We are under 3 weeks away from shutting his NHL season down. You would think thats not going to happen but who knows..

if he's taking advise from his Father it could drag on to the last minute. Daddy had a reputation as a selfish me first guy and not a good teammate

I’m almost always on the players side in these situations but If Nylander wants 8x8 or something, there’s just no precedent for him to lean on and there’s just no way it’s gonna happen.

Whatever happens, I have a lot of trust in Dubas and his team to

Make the right decisions.

Ehlers might be a comparison..Same draft class..Numbers arent too far off

And he got 6x5 for

8x8 if thats what he wants is not warranted..

You guys know he's the Son of European Gretzky right?

And Bob, please do not disparage one of the greatest Whalers of all time. He was anything but selfish. (with the puck)

#1 in your heart, #92 in your Hartford Whalers program, Michael "Pass First, Pass Second, Pass Third" Nylander

• Like 1

I usually try and go to at least one game in the California trip. I bought tickets for Thursday in San Jose. Last year we went to 3 San Jose, LA and Vegas...Will be going to Vegas again in February

The Kings game tomorrow is the cheapest..Starting at like $13 for up top....It doesnt look like I can go though.

Anaheim is an option for Friday night, if we can pull it off...San Jose is the easiest drive and I love the rink there.

GO LEAFS GO