Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Sometimes I think I was dreaming we got Tavares. Then I realize holy shit. This is real life. Please drop the puck already.

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I think its time to get the Nylander situation out of the way and lock him up..From the reports I heard he doesnt want a bridge deal..So lets just pay him..

He would probably have to take lesser money now then he would after a bridge deal, assuming he develops as we project and doesnt fall off..

Whats fair..6 years $40 million?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FORWARDS

Hyman - Tavares - Marner

Leivo - Kadri - Brown

Moore - Cracknell - Grundstrom

Timashov - Mueller - Clark/Der-Arguchintsev

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS

Rielly - Hainsey

Borgman - Holl

Dermott - Ozighanov

Nielsen - Subban

GOALIES

McElhinney

Sparks

I think Nylander and Reinhart might be comparable? Will Nylander sign a short term bridge like deal that Reinhart signed?

As a fan I would love that same deal for Nylander.

42 / 47 / 50 is a big step down from 61 / 61

No you are right...On second glance not the best comparison..

Rumor is he wants $8m per year and Leafs are offering $6m

I was really looking forward to tonights game and maybe bury the Habs..Then I see the lineups, which is literally the AHL lineup with no regulars..I am seeing different reports about the rule regarding 8 veterans must be present, and the rules on these regulars. Maybe 2 or 3 of these guys make the team.

Projected Leafs line-up for tonight:

Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen

Grundstrom-Brooks-Bracco

Greening-Jooris-Engvall

Timashov-Cracknell-T.Moore

Borgman-Holl

Marincin-Carrick

Sandin-Subban

McElhinney, Sparks

I'll be interested to see how Sandin (not Sundin) progresses. The coaches are talking about how poised and smart he is and the fact he hasn't been intimidated as an 18 year old dman. He's obviously a couple years away from the NHL but here's hoping he develops into a solid NHLer.

Im very excited for tonight..First time we get to see the Leafs with all their regulars playing together, (minus Nylander)..Should be fun..

Marleau-Matthews-Ennis

Moore-Tavares-Marner

Leivo-Kadri-Brown

Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen

Rielly-Hainsey

Gardiner-Zaitsev

Rosen-Ozhiganov

Dermott-Holl

Andersen Pickard

Losing both Mac and Picard not ideal.

Goes to show preseason means nothing and they already gave Sparks the job based on last years performance for Marlies. Unless a trade is coming.

They could definitely San Jose this thing and always fail in the playoffs for 20 years. Look for that silver lining.

I'm trying to root for them, but some fans make it so hard to do so.

It feels good winning games when we didn’t play our best game. Sloppy at times. But as the more talented team we pulled it out.

1 win. Lots to go