Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Yeah Diet Coke haha. I don't drink Diet Coke regularly, but I always use it as a mixer when I am having a drink. The sugar in regular coke gives me a stomach ache and a bad hangover.

Ya, I cant do regular coke even by itself anymore. The sugar is way too much for me.

Coke zero I still have time to time.

I used to be all Rye+Ginger. Then went to Rye+Diet to reduce sugar, now Vodka+Soda as my mixed drink of choice. But usually drinking Whiskey these days, no mixers.

Go Leafs!

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Well shit. Made it on the plane and they just announced another 45 minute delay. Unless we make up a lot of time in the air, it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen for me :(

Well shit. Made it on the plane and they just announced another 45 minute delay. Unless we make up a lot of time in the air, it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen for me :(

Sounds like maybe a gate availability or runway congestio issue here in Toronto. They boarded my mom’s plane in Thunder Bay then told everyone it would be a 2-hour delay and got everyone off.

I'm curious, what did you guys think of last nights game?

Thoughts on game 4?

I have my own thoughts, but I want to hear from others first.

Just uploading my daily vlog which I talk about all the games(quick plug, check it out)..

My 2 cents..Some views are biased..

The Leafs came out much better than the first 2 games..Capitalized on a break on the missed call by the refs...PP goal helped..Andersen had an interesting game, I felt gave up 2 goals that he should of had..Also had an overall great game including the amazing paddle save with 2 minutes left.. Shutting down Big Nose, Pasterma, and Bergie was very effective...Still a few defensive breakdowns that led to very dangerous chances..We were lucky with a couple of posts and Freddie made the big save when needed..

I still think some of our guys are being handled physically..Marner being the main one..Lot of people dont agree but we need some of that toughness in the lineup..The 3 players that we have that play that role were either not good enough(Martin) hurt(Komarov) suspended(Kadri)..However I love our speed from Johnson, Kapanen and generally overall....We are a much deeper team than the Bruins offensively, however they have arguably the top line in the NHL right now..

Lets play 7

Thoughts on game 4?

I missed the 1st period but caught the rest of the game.

The 2 goals gave up by Andersen were bad. The OMG save near the end was wow. Hopefully he carries that onward since we need him.

I thought the Leafs used their speed alot more by chasing after pucks.

It is easier to get up in the morning after a Leafs win.

Here are my thoughts, and I say this as someone who openly yelled at his tv last night in support of the Leafs, who I would LOVE to see make a deep run in these playoffs.

I think Boston was very unlucky and the Leafs had fortune on their side in winning that game.

I didnt see game 2, so I cant speak about it. But game 1 seemed fairly even until the mid way point or so, then Boston seemed to just take over, and all the momentum was on their side.

Last night, Boston just appeared to be the better team, and scarily, somehow even the faster team. I dont know whats going on with the Leafs, but some of the players just did not look right. I think Boston is good, but not that much better than the Leafs if at all, and I am surprised to see how much better Boston is playing, and that includes Freddy's so-so game, his one unreal save not withstanding. (and if I want to be a real ass, I would say Freddy made a great play to stick out his stick, and he was also lucky that the puck hit the stick, as opposed to vice-versa)

I just cant see how Boston does not win game 4 unless there is a real change in the way the Leafs play. I hope Im wrong, but I am really surprised with how dominant Boston looks over the Leafs.

I'm rooting the leafs to win, but I have my doubts as well. And I think a lot of it lies on babcock. Why on earth would a team that played so well all year by playing fast, up the ice, blow the zone hockey all of a sudden switch to a 'defence first' philosophy?? It's like Toronto tried to devise a game plan that would best suit boston....

Thoughts on game 4?

The Leafs were lucky that all those giveaways didn't translate to goals. The 4th line is a huge defensive liability, when they are in the offensive zone they are amazing anywhere else in the rink and they are lost.

Is this the norm for the 4th line to play close to 10 minutes? I find Kapanen (as much as I love his speed and style) stays out way too long.

I haven't watched alot of hockey this year but that's what I saw.

Sad times..I think we have played good enough to win the last two games..Yesterday the game didnt go our way..

Boston is really containing the space and not giving the Leafs speedy players enough room..

2013 repeat with a better ending?