Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

1-16 please!

I like this too, however I think that would do away with the East and the West and would create a lot of extra travel for some teams..ie say Toronto vs a California team in the first round.

I am pulling for some western matchups, so I can go catch some playoff games.

Where I live now I have 4 potential playoff teams within a 5 hour drive

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

The travel excuse is especially untenable in the playoffs. First of all, it would be the same for both teams, secondly, they have private ****ing jets now.

not when you think about the fans. Does the league want half the Leafs' playoff games starting at 10PM in the Eastern time zone and the LA Kings game starting at 4:30 PM on a Tuesday Pacific time in the 1st round ?

• Like 1

The travel excuse is especially untenable in the playoffs. First of all, it would be the same for both teams, secondly, they have private ****ing jets now.

Still a 5 hour flight.

not when you think about the fans. Does the league want half the Leafs' playoff games starting at 10PM in the Eastern time zone and the LA Kings game starting at 4:30 PM on a Tuesday Pacific time in the 1st round ?

That's a good point. Though the NHL has "solved" this in the Cup finals by forcing the western team to start at like 6 pm local... which is pretty brutal.

I'm not a fan of 1-16 anyways. The furthest I'd go is to seed entirely within the conference.

Wasn't the entire reason for re-alignment so that the Leafs don't play the Sharks in the 1st round?

Let's not forget how stupid the old divisions were.

I would personally be super happy in that scenario. And any other scenario where the Leafs play in California in the playoffs

Even though Mac has done a great job , great to see Freddie back tonight.

Yay! (Got him in my big pool, the guy has been a stud for fantasy this year)

Be nice to have Auston back too though, come on Leafs, dress the guy already, you're playing for a playoff spot?, home ice advantage?.......ok fine, a strong finish!!!

Be nice to have Auston back too though, come on Leafs, dress the guy already, you're playing for a playoff spot?, home ice advantage?.......ok fine, a strong finish!!!

He's going to be injury prone and everyone will look back and say "wow Leafs should have taken Laine!"

Hopefully he can a good 6-8 games in before playoffs..

This season has been so odd for the Leafs..A playoff team with the last 15 games that are essentially meaningless.

Matthews vs Laine is similar to Crosby vs Ovechkin

So Laine wins the Richard trophy every year but never goes to the finals, while Mathews misses alot of games but wins 3 cups! I am good with that!

• Like 1

Did you guys see the weird math that happened last night:

First goal JVR scores #34

Second goal #34 Matthews score his #29

Third goal #29 Nylander scores his #16

Fourth goal # 16 Marner scores

While not quiet Mcdavid like, Marner 29 points in last 20 games. 70 points. Heck of a year. Was getting scary for a while when he was demoted to 4th line.

We did it. Congrats Leafs nation.

Who do you guys prefer we play?

Boston has playoff demons , Tampa has sick higher end talent.

I hate Marchand and Chara.

Let’s just wait and see.

It’s amazing that Matthews just scored only his 3rd PP of the year.

Amazingly had 30 even strength goals. Only 5 behind Mcdavid despite missing 20 games.