Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Congratulations to former Maple Leaf Ron Francis on his new job as GM of the Carolina Hurricanes.

well played

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I can't make up my mind on Bylsma. He was so sharp in his first couple years here, but hasn't really found the results lately, though I don't know how much of that is on him vs Shero or the players. I think he tends to rely on scrubs a tad too much, especially when they're leading like in the last game.

This does a really good, simple job of explaining why that happens, and what leads to "score effects". http://blogs.thescor...-effects-exist/

Paul MacLean seems to have fallen in that trap (risk aversion) a lot this past year as well. Goal scored in the game? Let's be safe and stabilize the situation with Z.Smith/C.Neil/??. Even though they kinda suck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey boys( and by boys I mean the Leaf fans)

What do you guys think of the Babcock rumours?

Is it possible he comes here...We open the vault on him...Different team though..He won with veterans in Detroit..Hall of famers...Would he want a team thats much younger...

I would take a burnt potato over Carlyle at this point, so of course I would be extremely thrilled if we landed Babcock. His team was ravaged by injuries this year, and was probably weaker than the Leafs on paper at times, but was still a very good possession team at all times.

Why exactly is Babcock leaving the Red Wings in this scenario?

He has one year left, but its probably time to move on , on his terms...Thats according to the rumours..Plus a boatload of money would entice him...According to the reports

I feel like a lot of rumors get planted by Leafs media or something. Every year it's something. Nash, Tavares, etc.

Its awesome that you brought this up..I have a full chapter on this in my book...

I feel like a lot of rumors get planted by Leafs media or something. Every year it's something. Nash, Tavares, etc.

I'd say a lot of it also starts with the guys who really have NO insider info at all, like the HockeyBuzz/Eklund guys. Or just random forums like this one.

Sigh

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger · 29m

Leafs meetings continue in Vegas. The fact Carlyle hasn't been fired to this point indicates he will back for another season on Leafs bench.

Sigh

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger · 29m

Leafs meetings continue in Vegas. The fact Carlyle hasn't been fired to this point indicates he will back for another season on Leafs bench.

Good.

Dreger is just speculating. Carlyle will be fired. Serge, you don't have to take the contrarian position just for the sake of it. I don't think Carlyle can really be defended at this point with any reasonable argument.

in 1 hour, we are going to find out if our new president is an idiot AND if our team is doomed to fail next year. I'm actually nervous.

Dreger is just speculating. Carlyle will be fired. Serge, you don't have to take the contrarian position just for the sake of it. I don't think Carlyle can really be defended at this point with any reasonable argument.

Apparently he can and he is. Just because the media and the fancy video game stat geeks don't like him. Doesn't mean it's right.

He is a Stanley cup winner. A good coach. He had this team well in a playoff spot 68 games in to a season.

Burnt potato baby!!!

in 1 hour, we are going to find out if our new president is an idiot AND if our team is doomed to fail next year. I'm actually nervous.

I trust they will make the right decision. Either way

at least it's a great year to be bad

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

• Like 5

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur · 50s

If Randy Carlyle is coming back, then I'm just fascinated to see what it takes to get fired as the coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

This is the thing that is amazing to me.

How can they possibly think that he deserves another year at the job ?