Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

I ****ing hate losing, but they didn't deserve to win. They played like they did in game 1, with all the same things I complained about them, they reverted back to. I don't know if that is coaching, nerves or fear, but it was sad to watch. Too bad, because for games 2-6 and the first half of 7 (even the losses), they played amazingly.

I feel like you and I were watching different games. You're the Leafs fan, not me, and I personally thought they were playing great most of the game, and just had some things go against them in the last 10min. Its hockey, it happens. Give them a break, you cant control a team like Boston for 60minutes.

I'm sad. I feel awful for my friends who are so attached to this team.

And its gonna be a shitty morning when I tell my son Boston came back to win after he fell asleep at 4-1. Fck. He doesnt live and die by them by a longshot, but tomorrow is jersey day at school, and he was all hyped to wear his Kessel jersey and hopefully celebrate a win.

This feels very Toronto like. I was watching all of it, I couldnt believe any of it.

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

They don't annoy me because they're pests. Marchand annoys me because he's a little piece of shit.

He's never bothered me a bit.

I feel like you and I were watching different games. You're the Leafs fan, not me, and I personally thought they were playing great most of the game, and just had some things go against them in the last 10min. Its hockey, it happens. Give them a break, you cant control a team like Boston for 60minutes.

I'm sad. I feel awful for my friends who are so attached to this team.

And its gonna be a shitty morning when I tell my son Boston came back to win after he fell asleep at 4-1. Fck. He doesnt live and die by them by a longshot, but tomorrow is jersey day at school, and he was all hyped to wear his Kessel jersey and hopefully celebrate a win.

This feels very Toronto like. I was watching all of it, I couldnt believe any of it.

Tell your son Phil Kessel was the first one out of the Leafs dressing room to meet the reporters.

Danny, do you live in bizarro land? You've been contrarian on everything the last couple days.

I thought the leafs outplayed the bruins pretty handily. They deserved a better fate tonight.

Hockey.

Want a Cookie?

Sounds great. Seriously though Marchand is one of the worst. The only guys up there with him in my book are Subban and Chris Neil.

Danny does not represent any sort of Leaf fan.

He doesn't watch hockey

Sounds great. Seriously though Marchand is one of the worst. The only guys up there with him in my book are Subban and Chris Neil.

Neither of those guys bother me either. Matt Cooke doesn't bother me. It's hockey...some guys make their living with natural skill and some guys make their living by being utter bastards to play against, I'm totally fine with it. Granted, my team hasn't lost a superstar's career to a dirty play from such a player, so I don't have that base of reference necessarily.

Danny, do you live in bizarro land? You've been contrarian on everything the last couple days.

I assumed I was the only one having this issue with him.

Tell your son Phil Kessel was the first one out of the Leafs dressing room to meet the reporters.

I'm seriously becoming a huge Kessel fan. One of my favourite players to watch in the NHL now, and frankly, he just keep acting in a great professional manner.

And I could not have been more wrong to question this guy's playoff productivity. He was off the charts, and I just love his game. I hope he makes me eat my words about the trade.

lol. This was a great first post "after".

I just keep mouthing the word fck under my breath.

If I had to write a script for game 7 that could possibly hurt the maximum amount. That would be exactly it

Lose a close game. Ok

Get blown out. Ok

Lose on a fluky goal. Ok

But this??

One thing I learned is to be classy against other teams supporters. I don't wish that on my worse enemy

• Like 4

Yeah, I honestly can't imagine a worse way to have it go down for a Leafs supporter. I feel for ya, I would be calling in sick tomorrow already.

• Like 1

One thing I learned is to be classy against other teams supporters. I don't wish that on my worse enemy

After the Leaf game, I turned to NYR-WAS. Zuccarello scored to make it 5-0, and the camera cut to the Washington crowd, and there were two dummies in NYR jerseys waving their hands up and down, yelling, like gangster wrap wannabes, and I thought, hmmm, this is the kind of ass I hate more then any other. Too busy bragging about nothing he did.

And I thought of you talking about guys wearing different jerseys. Ok, wear the jersey, but at least act with class. Dicks.

After the Leaf game, I turned to NYR-WAS. Zuccarello scored to make it 5-0, and the camera cut to the Washington crowd, and there were two dummies in NYR jerseys waving their hands up and down, yelling, like gangster wrap wannabes, and I thought, hmmm, this is the kind of ass I hate more then any other. Too busy bragging about nothing he did.

And I thought of you talking about guys wearing different jerseys. Ok, wear the jersey, but at least act with class. Dicks.

When I eventually get to that Habs game in Boston I will be wearing a customized jersey with DICK on the back.

The crew with Commander Hadfield just arrived back on Earth. They can barely lift their hands because of the gravity. That's probably how the Leafs players feel.

Marchand is a 30-30 player...

I'm seriously becoming a huge Kessel fan. One of my favourite players to watch in the NHL now, and frankly, he just keep acting in a great professional manner.

And I could not have been more wrong to question this guy's playoff productivity. He was off the charts, and I just love his game. I hope he makes me eat my words about the trade.

Yeah, been very impressed with him in the playoffs. In fact, the whole Leafs team (once they were forced to actually ice their best players). They definitely blew my expectations away.

Actually, Subban doesn't bother me at all either.

And while I try really hard to hate Neil, he just keeps doing things that make me like him. He fights guys who are way bigger than him, and trained fighters. He actually has hockey skill too. He's more like a Shawn Thornton than a goon.

I was watching the game, not cheering for either team but hoping for a Leafs loss, it was killing me to see the Leafs up 4-1 in the third. I said to myself if the Leafs win the cup I'll have to go back and congratulate serge. Then it happened, but I did not cheer or dance, I was just shocked and ultimately I felt bad for Toronto, you deserved better.

I seriously would rather get eliminated the way the Habs did after being down 3-1 in the series, than fall apart at the end of game 7 like that. In the long run, a team might grow more going to 7 games, but the hurt is so much worse.

Hopefully next year we can get a habs/leafs matchup.

I am finally coming back to earth. Had to take a walk outside to calm down.

Still can't shake it out of my head.

Funny thing is my son turns the TV immediately off when the Jays or Leafs lose. I was wondering where did I see this before. Than it hit me, I did that when I was younger.

My only criteria for this is how much I want to punch them in the face.

This is my need. I NEED to punch Brad Marchand in the face. And the blonde guy in the Backstreet Boys that had a reality show with his brother and sister...I wanna punch him in the face too. Always have.

This is my need. I NEED to punch Brad Marchand in the face. And the blonde guy in the Backstreet Boys that had a reality show with his brother and sister...I wanna punch him in the face too. Always have.

The blonde guy. LOL. That is funny.

Thanks I need that.

:(

Just feel sad.

Leafs played a great game, but stopped pressing in the late going. Didn't even think they completely fell apart, there were zero scoring chances from 10 minutes down to the 3rd goal, just so happened that both of their late chances found the net.

Really heart breaking, kinda just feel like crying. This will take awhile to get over.