• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I rarely vent but here it goes.My problem with the Leafs is this, Kadri and Schenn were the Leafs 2 highest draft picks since 1989 when we had the 3rd overall pick (Scott Thorton). These 2 picks 7th and 5th overall are never sure shots but they will be kids with a lot of talent or else why would they be drafted so high.So in the last 21 years the Leafs only had 2 picks better than 7th overall and Brian Burke drafted both these kids. Burke drafting them and Wilson needs to develop them. Instead he has given both these guys major psychological issues. The teams 2 studs are going to be duds not because of them but because of how Wilson treats them.Kadri being called up and down like a yo yo must have him questioning his ability and Schenn knowing his boss hates him and feeling he might get benched at any given time has him playing scared which causes mistakes.Wilson and his techniques just don't work with this bunch of guys, last week after that horrible game against NJ where Gustavsson allowed a few bad goals the kid knew he's going to be benched next few games. This just shows Gustavsson that you are the reason we lost (which was obvious) so you will not play. A great coach that understands humans are humans would say listen you didn't have your A game and we lost but I know you can win the next game for us.I guarantee you that if he started Gustavsson against SJ all the players would have been more charged up and he would have had a great game. Give the team a reason to think they are good, Wilson has them walking on eggshells and scared to play a free wheeling fast game like they were when they were winning.This team is good, they are fast and young which works in todays NHL. Wilson is going to make Burke look like a fool with his draft picks because he treats these players like crap every time they mess up.Schenn is a good d man not a 1-2 but he is NHL material, Kadri is very creative and should be in the NHL.Most of you have watched 30 for 30 the Marcus Dupree one kind of reminds me where tough love coaching doesn't work with everyone. Barry Switzer even admits years later that his coaching method towards Dupree was wrong and that he should have had a different approach.Okay that's it off my chest.
You make some good points, however you are also missing a lot in your argument. I can support the Gustavsson argument but blaming Schenn's poor play on the coach doesnt make much sense IMO. Schenn has been given every opportunity to perform. Last year when he was playing well he was playing 20 plus minutes every night. This is the NHL, every player should be scared to be benched if they are not performing. Some of the mistakes he has made this year , are mistakes that some kids dont make in my sons league. I dont know how much of Kadri you have seen, but he literally disappears for huge streaks at a time...He has been given every opportunity to perform and he has flashes of brilliance but right now I dont think he is NHL calibre top 6 forward.So we can blame Wilson for his treatment of Schenn...What about the emergence of Gardiner, the solid steady play of Gunnarsson, the career years being put up by Kessel and Lupul, why cant we credit the coach there?Or how about the disciplined hockey the Leafs have played, taking less penalties therefore giving up less PP goals? Can we not credit the coach with that?I m not saying we should extend Wilson for another 5 years, but firing a coach isnt the answer in some cases..Look at WashingtonWith respect to the goaltending, i think there is inherent mistake of having two very inexperienced goalies leading your team. Most good teams in the NHL have at least one veteran on the roster, I think the Leafs should of went with a veteran goalie that will play some games but also support Reimer/Gustavvson. Maybe this is why Reimer played so well last year, because Giggy was around practicing and backing him up.2 weeks ago the Leafs were poised to not only make the playoffs but they were knocking on the door of a top seed. After the spanking of Ottawa no one thought the Leafs would miss the playoffs, let alone Ottawa make it. Unfortunately a slump has happened at the worst time, for variety of reasons.

I think the Leafs should have traded one of Carter Ashton's 2 last names to Buffalo for one of Luke Adam's 2 first names.I think Carter Ashton is a good player, I always forget which name comes first, kept calling him Ashton Carter. (Must be the Ashton Kutcher thing)

The main basis of my post was to give Gustavsson a chance to redeem himself right away. People love to redeem themselves and I think with the way things were going it would have been a no lose situation for the Leafs. Its a stupid system win and play lose and the other goalie starts. Goalies are weird like that they run hot and cold look at TIm Thomas 3 years ago when everyone thought he was done or even Miller this year in Buffalo. Leafs win tonight

The main basis of my post was to give Gustavsson a chance to redeem himself right away. People love to redeem themselves and I think with the way things were going it would have been a no lose situation for the Leafs. Its a stupid system win and play lose and the other goalie starts. Goalies are weird like that they run hot and cold look at TIm Thomas 3 years ago when everyone thought he was done or even Miller this year in Buffalo. Leafs win tonight
I agree with you, and I dont think it works this system..If you have Miller or Thomas you can ride them 10 games win or lose...They are veterans..These guys are both essentially rookies.

I beLeaf. Come on Leafs lets right this ship.No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result1 TOR M Leafs TOR M Leafs @ CHI Blackhawks(Money Line 3-Way) 02/29/2012 None +240 To RunRisk: 300.00 To Win: 720.00 Returns:

I beLeaf. Come on Leafs lets right this ship.No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result1 TOR M Leafs TOR M Leafs @ CHI Blackhawks(Money Line 3-Way) 02/29/2012 None +240 To RunRisk: 300.00 To Win: 720.00 Returns:
I like the bet, I think its a good spot. GL!

Leafs came out with massive energy..Good to see...But continue to make stupid "rookie" mistakes on the defensive side.Luke Schenn continues to make mistakes.I feel bad for the kid, as bad as you can fee for a kid making $3.6 million

oh jeez if you're going to bet 50 times as much as me, i have no choice but to root for you, and against myself.
tough loss I really thought they would win today.
you were right - you bet Leafs, I bet -1.5, Hawks win by 1. I was rooting for you, but holy crap, can't believe I lost it after that empty netter. i'm still zonked by it.

I've changed my opinion on the Leafs. If they lose to Montreal on saturday they will be only 5 points out of 27th place which can possibly give the Leafs a top 3 overall pick.Lets face it playoffs are not in the cards again this year, Fire Wilson chants are fun, and hopefully the Jets get in so we can see a Jets home playoff game where the fans go nuts.I think a top 3 overall pick and Wilson getting fired will be worth the pain and agony of watching this season go down the tubes.

Well... 27th would be 4th pick, assuming they or a team above them doesn't win the lottery. :club:
I think id rather see them get a top 3 pick then sneak into 8th just to get swept by the Rangers. We all know they will tank and then win the last 5 games and finish 9th though.
Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDregerRon Wilson fired. No replacement named.
Today is going to be the FCP equivalent of the day the 5th dentist out of 5 finally recommends Trident gum.